Why do trundlers do well in India??

nsareen

I'm confused after looking at the domestic tournaments, whether they be 4 day matches, T20, or OD matches, something which is very consistent is that the trundlers like aravind, vinay, crist etc. do really well.Why are they successful in Indian pitches which are known for not supporting fast bowling then why slowish medium pace bowlers love bowling here, but only till domestic tournaments, the moment they are considered for internationals after racking numbers they tend to face the reality & realize they are not meant to be... ?

It really consumes lot of thought from my side, why do they do well, had that not been the case, we could see more quick bowlers in the teams who win tournaments. I remember ranji trophy we saw the likes of shardul thakur, balwinder sandhu, abhishek etc. but they are trundlers at best. T20 won by bengal, but they had medium pacers like dinda, sayan gosh etc. & now Tamil nadu who have crist, mohammad, shankar, but they are successful in domestic tournaments.

Edited by nsareen

I have no idea, as I never follows our domestic cricket!! May be green tops is because why they do well !! But one thing I can a sure you, trundlers like crist and Shankar are bound to fail at the internationals!! Thankfully though in recent past we have unearthed seamers like thampi kulwant nathu ankit rajpoot aniket choutdhrey etc who are quite fast and can crank it up to 148k its bright sign, its selectors duty now to manage them and handle them with care rather then grind them in domestics!!!