Shiv Sena MP barred from flying on all airlines in India[Update post 27]

Muloghonto

50 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

He is member of SS.So only SS can expel him.

PM has no control over police.They are under the respective states.

PM can take a stance that the government of India is not a government of criminals- i.e., either SS expels this criminal from the party for being a criminal or BJP breaks alliance (its not like they need SS anyways). Would send a strong message. But like i said and as people like Zen prove, India is not civilized enough to consider it mandatory that their elected officials are not criminal. The 'chalta hai ' attitude at its fore.

PS: CID/CBI are under the centre.

Edited by Muloghonto

20 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

PM can take a stance that the government of India is not a government of criminals- i.e., either SS expels this criminal from the party for being a criminal or BJP breaks alliance (its not like they need SS anyways). Would send a strong message. But like i said and as people like Zen prove, India is not civilized enough to consider it mandatory that their elected officials are not criminal. The 'chalta hai ' attitude at its fore.

CBI doesnt investigate random assault cases.The law will take its course.The PM should not interfere in any criminal cases,its not his job.

Secondly i have had enough of your personal attack on people here.Be it Zen or anyone.Consider this as a warning.

Debate the topic not the poster.

3 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

CBI doesnt investigate random assault cases.The law will take its course.The PM should not interfere in any criminal cases,its not his job.

Secondly i have had enough of your personal attack on people here.Be it Zen or anyone.Consider this as a warning.

Debate the topic not the poster.

how is that a personal attack- i didnt call him any names or anything- i said since he thinks these threads are comedy, it only exposes the ideology of Indians that we don't think our politicians should be crime-free/criminal politicians should by default lose their posts.

Also, Modi saying he won't have criminals in his government, is not interfering with the criminal case. In this case, the case is open and shut- the guy admits to assault. 

5 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

They do need SS. There is a Presidential election around the corner and BJP alone cannot win it. Even with allies, they are still short. So, they cannot afford to alienate an ally, especially one that actually voted for a different candidate than the one BJP wanted in the previous two Presidential elections. They also need SS as a coalition partner in Maharashtra.

As for the assault, it was indeed a very shameless act and the police should take due action. I also do hope Modi or BJP does ask that all elected officials in highly responsible positions carry themselves well and not take undue advantage of their status. However, let us note that this is not the first criminal to be elected and this is not even close to the horrible crimes that some other elected officials are accused/convicted of. So, let's not get too carried away here.

40 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

he wakes up and finds a way to drag Modi in every possible way.

He is the head of the government- anything we want the government to do, its dragging Modi into it, is it not ?!

Thats like saying ' should the government do something about it?' and then someone saying 'why drag the PM into this?'....uhh..coz he is the head of the government, if we want something to be done by the government, then head of government has to take decision....

:confused::blink:

57 minutes ago, Texan said:

They do need SS. There is a Presidential election around the corner and BJP alone cannot win it. Even with allies, they are still short. So, they cannot afford to alienate an ally, especially one that actually voted for a different candidate than the one BJP wanted in the previous two Presidential elections. They also need SS as a coalition partner in Maharashtra.

As for the assault, it was indeed a very shameless act and the police should take due action. I also do hope Modi or BJP does ask that all elected officials in highly responsible positions carry themselves well and not take undue advantage of their status. However, let us note that this is not the first criminal to be elected and this is not even close to the horrible crimes that some other elected officials are accused/convicted of. So, let's not get too carried away here.

The bolded part is irrelevant. Because, thanks to the congress, we've had 50+ years of criminal raj. So every subsequent criminal can say 'i am not the first criminal'. If Indians want a clean & responsible government, the buck has to stop somewhere, some day and they have to graduate to a proper, accountable democratic system like the west. Nowhere in the mature democracies, like in the west/japan/korea etc. can you have an elected politician openly claim they assaulted someone and not lose their job. Did you not see what caused the last Korean President to lose her job ?!

Thats the whole point- Indians always tend to relativize the goonda raj. Every act of proven criminality should auto-disqualify a politician form their job, without fail. Doesn't matter if its a 4 billion dollar scam, rape, killing or a slap. All of them are felonies. All of them are criminal actions punishable under the penal code of India. All of them needs to be punished uniformly.Or it is still a goonda-raj. Its a bloody country of 1.2 billion what are we gonna run out of politicians or people wanting to be politicians ?

http://www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/arvind-kejriwal-blames-narendra-modi-for-shoe-attack-in-haryana-117010100402_1.html

Arvind Kejriwal blames Narendra Modi for shoe attack in Haryana

Kejriwal tweeted: Modiji, we can also do this but our cultural values don't permit us to do this

Edited by coffee_rules

Apparently this is not the first time the esteemed MP has created a ruckus in public.

He has slapped students and brawled with BJP leaders in his district.

When questioned on his behaviour re: Air India, he goes on to say " I am a SS MP, not a BJP MP to endure abuse" Thereby indicating exactly what he thinks of his allies at the Centre. All signs of a healthy coalition.