Should Kohli have played this test even if not 100% fit?

5 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

My title is better, he sitting out will be the main reason we lose this test.

I have edited the title because I wasn't sure of the original title.

Just post the earlier one in the OP , I will edit it.

Edited by BeautifulGame

Some holier than thou posters have no right to tell others how to behave. Check thier previous posts and the hypocrisy is clear. 

On topic : kohli won't play unless he is 100% fit.  He keeps fitness on very high level. He dropped a rising star sarfaraz only because he was overweight. 

But IMO he should have played even if 70% fit. 

Just now, sscomp32 said:

Some holier than thou posters have no right to tell others how to behave. Check thier previous posts and the hypocrisy is clear. 

On topic : kohli won't play unless he is 100% fit.  He keeps fitness on very high level. He dropped a rising star sarfaraz only because he was overweight. 

But IMO he should have played even if 70% fit. 

Please name and shame the joker :giggle:

Yep he did... We have it from ganguly to sachin and from dhoni to kohli

Dravid laxman even they retired so they are all chickens according to that logic :hysterical:

We lost series in Aus already then he is out

Edited lol.Did u also have brainfade .

May be i m not ? Just a myth just like sachin 100s are for team and not for himself

Sachin fan like you should tell me more about it..

You think I am Sachin bhakt not fan.I have now qualms in stating he had few selfish hundreds and overstayed .Thing is i consider team first not individuals .I just pity such people who make cricketers in to Demi god's and take pleasure in team losing.

Kohli lost his focus right at the onset of this series. England too had humiliated him like hell prior to 2016 and he had every reason to be angry at them. But he channeled his anger and was quietly determined in the home series. Here he was simply blabbering like a buffoon all the time. Smith has demolished him ruthlessly this series. 

No point selecting players who are not fully fit.

We are seeing with Ashwin ( not being fully fit ), how his performances have dipped. ( despite him being such a gun performer for us in India )

I think it is a good decision by Kohli to sit out if he is not sufficiently fit.

That's spring off another question tbh.

If we decided not to play Kohli saying not 100% why is Ashwin playing not being 100%.

Ashwin injury is clearly affecting his performance yet we are playing means he is too good to leave out even if he isn't 100%. In such case shouldn't that have applied to Kohli too.

It's all confusing, anyway it has worked as a blessing in disguise with Kuldeep bowling spectacularly .Doubt he would have played if Kohli was fit.

1 minute ago, BeautifulGame said:

That's spring off another question tbh.

If we decided not to play Kohli saying not 100% why is Ashwin playing not being 100%.

Ashwin injury is clearly affecting his performance yet we are playing means he is too good to leave out even if he isn't 100%. In such case shouldn't that have applied to Kohli too.

It's all confusing anyway.

Ashwin should have been rested too.