India's 33rd Test Captain - Ajinkya Rahane

Sidhoni

Made his debut 4 years ago in the last test of previous BG trophy at home. Is on his captaincy debut 4 years later.

Excellent first day for him as Aus are bowled out on day 1. 

How do you rate him?

For me personally I would'nt look too much into Ranchi test as that was sudden and he had no idea he'd be leading the side. 

Looked like working on his instincts and also has a knack of chopping and changing things quickly. 

Made his debut 4 years ago in the last test of previous BG trophy at home. Is on his captaincy debut 4 years later.

Excellent first day for him as Aus are bowled out on day 1. 

How do you rate him?

For me personally I would'nt look too much into Ranchi test as that was sudden and he had no idea he'd be leading the side. 

Looked like working on his instincts and also has a knack of chopping and changing things quickly. 

1 hour ago, BeautifulGame said:

Was excellent today.Very positive and pro active.

But to be fair it's kinda easier to be urself when u r just stand in captain.

C'mon.....he had to come in as a captain at short notice for the decider.If he loses.....he will be the one getting all the blame. He must be under more pressure than Kohli would have been because Kohli is riding a longish success wave and would have been forgiven.

4 minutes ago, rahulrulezz said:

Luckily bowlers supported him. Or else I didn't much energy on the field in the first innings. Also, getting first innings lead and crucial breakthroughs in 2nd innings at the top helped him a lot. 

In short he he was decent, but tbf bit low on energy. 

Yeah no send-offs etc :(