Does anyone think we wasted the new ball ?

NareshK

I think there is a lot of help in this pitch for seamers especially if they hit the deck a bit harder. Also some swing available first up with the new ball. We should have picked up 3 wickets in the first hour. After the first hour, the pitch becomes flat and easier for batting. 

Indian seamers leaked a lot of runs and didnt bowl well enough and neither of them created enough chances. 

Kuldeep bowled wonderfully to bring back India in the game. If it wasnt for him, Australia would have piled on a huge score and then they would've had a big advantage with their seamers on this track.

As it stands, Indian openers have their work cut out tomorrow to see off the new ball. First hour will be very tricky. If they can bat well tomorrow, they can get a lead and put pressure on Australia. 

Edited by NareshK
3 minutes ago, fineleg said:

Karun Nair catch first ball Warner and aussies would have been all out for 240

Some people are talking about batting for 2 days on this pitch. I dont think its that easy. Seamers will create enough chances here. Need a big score from someone if we need to take a lead as we have only 5 batsmen. My bet is on Rahane as he is the best against seamers in this side after Kohli.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

I saw first few overs and there was not much for our seamers. Not much swing.there is no better exponent of swing than BK. Tall Aussie bowlers might get a bit more out of the pitch.

Agree. They will get some seam movement as they will look to hit the deck harder around the back of length area. Pitch seems to have decent bounce too. There will be some swing with the new ball, at least for first 10 overs or so.