Rahane's player performance thread

Rahane was in brilliant form in the test matches.He had a horrid time in the LOIs and that seems to have destroyed his form and confidence.He looked extremely edgy and circumspect.Finally got out playing to a wide all from Anderson.May e its about time to write off Rahane from ODIs and play him in tests only.

Edited by BeautifulGame

I was just wondering how come no one on this forum is gunning for Rahane's head. i totally agree that Rahane doesnt have a place in ODIs Even in tests, I think he hasnt set the house on fire. And I am not saying he needs to be dropped from tests at this stage but if he doesnt get his act together in this series, then he has to be I'm afraid 

3 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Calm down.  He's had a few bad innings.  Look at his FC record - that was in India, not on Mars.   He'll be fine.  

Its disappointing to see him gift his wicket like this.  But he'll make it up..

Good players at his age score truck load of runs and are consistent. He has yet to do either in any series. Scores one 100 and then saves his spot. But he won't in this series. I am willing to bet on it. 

Will be dropped soon from all formats. He has already lost his ODI and T20 spot. Test to follow soon.

Edited by WC2011INDIA
Although I want to bet on him to fail... I hope his failures doesnt cost us dearly as a team.

Yeah... if they drop him, who will play at No. 5? Karun Nair?

Also Rahane never gives a confidence.. he is neither aggressive like Virat nor the Rahul Dravid kind.

Rahane will be a gun test player but for that he must be preserved for tests only.He is perhaps our best pure test bat.

Whenever few dismissals like that happens to a top player a big knock is around the corner.When virat madse 200 in Wi he had few off innings after that and people went crazy then also. But a top players know how to comeback. Rahane is a top top player

15 minutes ago, WC2011INDIA said:

Good players at his age score truck load of runs and are consistent. He has yet to do either in any series. Scores one 100 and then saves his spot. But he won't in this series. I am willing to bet on it. 

Will be dropped soon from all formats. He has already lost his ODI and T20 spot. Test to follow soon.

40 minutes ago, WC2011INDIA said:

I am calling it now, he will have a bad series and will be dropped from all the formats. Will have to go back to domestics and score there. Then only will he get a chance to make any sort of comeback. 

:laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:

Rahane is the pillar of this batting order , u cannot touch him test cricket........

19 minutes ago, WC2011INDIA said:

I'll take that bet?  50k?  

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Whenever few dismissals like that happens to a top player a big knock is around the corner.When virat madse 200 in Wi he had few off innings after that and people went crazy then also. But a top players know how to comeback. Rahane is a top top player

:laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:

Rahane is the pillar of this batting order , u cannot touch him test cricket........

He didn't look like a pillar today...was clueless and looked like getting out any second..

Some people cant do it in alll formats and thats okay. Vijay has ceased to be a good T20 bat he was (in the IPL anyway) since rediscovering himself as a test opener. Cook is an decentish ODI bat but a world class test player. We'd rather haver Rahane good at one format, than middling in two or three. He shouldnt play LOI cricket, certainly not T20

Edited by Sooda

Lol. I am not worried. Even if we he fails for next 8 innings, I will consider it as just one bad series for him as he hasn't had one in a a very long time after touring the world in last 2 years. He just won the Indian test player of the year award for a reason. And regarding his odi form showing in, his ODI game is not affecting anything to his test. He just played some bad shots and should work on it. Thats it.

Dhoni should know Rahane's value in the team. I lost count on how many occasions he had saved Dhoni's arse from getting whitewashed in that last overseas tour. I feel he should play a season or two in domestics and get back his confidence. He is getting paid like 15 crores per Test match, so shouldn't be too bothered about missing out some worthless LOIs.