Indian media watch thread

Number

TOI / MSM LIES ? :

" A female volunteer of the AAP had alleged molestation by Kumar Vishwas during campaigning for the Lok Sabha elections in Amethi. "
LINK In another TOI Article "molestation" is not even mentioned :
" The party volunteer approached DCW claiming that "false rumours" of Kumar Vishwas having illicit relationship with her were ruining her reputation and that he should come forward to clarify. The woman has alleged that Vishwas took no action towards dispelling the "rumours"
In the first article Kumar Vishwas is accused of "Molestation" and in the 2nd article apparently the volunteer's only complaint is that Vishwas has not done enough to dispel rumors of a relationship http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Kumar-Vishwas-in-fresh-row-Delhi-Commission-for-Women-summons-him-on-AAP-volunteers-complaint/articleshow/47145185.cms

TOI / MSM LIES ? : LINK In another TOI Article "molestation" is not even mentioned : In the first article Kumar Vishwas is accused of "Molestation" and in the 2nd article apparently the volunteer's only complaint is that Vishwas has not done enough to dispel rumors of a relationship http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Kumar-Vishwas-in-fresh-row-Delhi-Commission-for-Women-summons-him-on-AAP-volunteers-complaint/articleshow/47145185.cms
ToI just publishes narrative that it would receive from their masters.

Remember, the masters could be Gandhis... KV has been very critical of Pappu, off late. He also took on Pappu in last elections from Amethi... Don't try to find a Modi/RSS angle here...

Remember' date=' the masters could be Gandhis... KV has been very critical of Pappu, off late. He also took on Pappu in last elections from Amethi... Don't try to find a Modi/RSS angle here...[/quote'] Well.. part of it could be from Congress as well. I am not denying that. But one thing which no person can deny in honesty that Media has completely turned itself on AAP. And it is not all about criticism of government. It's about malicious campaign which they are running. However it will not be much effective within Delhi as AAP cadre is directly connected with the masses, as we saw in assesmbly elections, but else where it can stop AAP from spreading further.

this is a month old allegation . i have posted the 1 month old articles how they tried to accuse Kumar Vishwas of having an illicit relationship with a volunteer and how Social media lynch mobs were salivating over a non-existent video. But now this same MSM has conjured up a Molestion case ! even the girl has made no such claim . and they want to us to believe MSM is pro AAP :haha: As i have stated before , All that the MSM needs ; to tie any grievous crime to an "AAP leader" is an "AAP topi".

Well.. part of it could be from Congress as well. I am not denying that. But one thing which no person can deny in honesty that Media has completely turned itself on AAP. And it is not all about criticism of government. It's about malicious campaign which they are running. However it will not be much effective within Delhi as AAP cadre is directly connected with the masses, as we saw in assesmbly elections, but else where it can stop AAP from spreading further.
There is daily drama in AAP. the people who leave AAP contact media and show some tapes , proofs etc. There was a live suicide in AAP rally. And still you people blame media. Whenever there is silence in AAP media stop covering them but again they explode bomb and blame media for covering it

Prannoy Roy on The Tabloidization of Indian News http://www.ndtv.com/opinion/prannoy-roy-on-the-tabloidization-of-indian-news-760247 Well said.
NDTV also do tabloisation of news. Just remember Rohtak sisters case , NDTV like other channels showed that news but when truth started coming out NDTV did not showed it. The truth is all channels in India cater their section of viewers . English channels cater urban educated class while Hindi and regional news channel cater their people and that's why they show astrology and saa bahu news.

NDTV also do tabloisation of news. Just remember Rohtak sisters case ' date=' NDTV like other channels showed that news but when truth started coming out NDTV did not showed it. The truth is all channels in India cater their section of viewers . English channels cater urban educated class while Hindi and regional news channel cater their people and that's why they show astrology and saa bahu news.[/quote'] NDTV is still the least sensational news channel/group among the major media groups in India.

Untitled.jpg Similar headlines appeared on multiple news publications. Who has accused him of MOLESTATION ? Was this a victimless crime ? When the Molestation charge did not stick they switched to allegations of "illicit relationship" . But the girl says they are false rumors which are destroying her life , so who is alleging illicit relationship ? :hmmm:

When investing in "paid news" , is it better to invest in news agencies and news wires because they are syndicated and subscribed by multiple publications ? :hmmm:

"There is no accountability in the media. While some candidates willingly pay for positive coverage, in most other cases candidates have to pay to prevent negative coverage. The media is getting increasingly criminalised, and acting as extortionist," : commentator Swapan Das Gupta .

Untitled.jpg Similar headlines appeared on multiple news publications. Who has accused him of MOLESTATION ? Was this a victimless crime ? When the Molestation charge did not stick they switched to allegations of "illicit relationship" . But the girl says they are false rumors which are destroying her life , so who is alleging illicit relationship ? :hmmm:
When girl herself says that rumors are false it means there was no illicit relationship either, No molestation, no illicit relationship, so what are the charges? Why Women commission summoned him ? Just because there were orders from top for that? I don't understand what this hulla-boo about. Am i missing anything?

When girl herself says that rumors are false it means there was no illicit relationship either, No molestation, no illicit relationship, so what are the charges? Why Women commission summoned him ? Just because there were orders from top for that? I don't understand what this hulla-boo about. Am i missing anything?
You are missing the "Order from top" to the girl to go and lodge a complain in the Women Commission... Rest all the other things you've already covered...

Prannoy Roy on The Tabloidization of Indian News http://www.ndtv.com/opinion/prannoy-roy-on-the-tabloidization-of-indian-news-760247 Well said.
Very well written and relevant article. I was going to post it too, but you beat me to it. That is why despite the blatantly Congressi views, I still prefer to watch NDTV because they tend to sensationalize news the least. I do hope though that quality is appreciated by advertisers over quantity.

It is perplexing the depths to which Indian MSM has sunk . 1 Month ago this same issue was raised and it died out because the MSM did not find any traction or evidence. kumar vishwas is first accused of "Molestation" and then an "illicit relationship" , but there is no accuser !! though i am averse to conspiracy theories , this news manufacturing trend is difficult to ignore. Any day now , A man wearing an "AAP topi" will be accused of **** , Terrorism and perhaps even desecrating the national Flag .

It is perplexing the depths to which Indian MSM has sunk . 1 Month ago this same issue was raised and it died out because the MSM did not find any traction or evidence. kumar vishwas is first accused of "Molestation" and then an "illicit relationship" , but there is no accuser !! though i am averse to conspiracy theories , this news manufacturing trend is difficult to ignore. Any day now , A man wearing an "AAP topi" will be accused of **** , Terrorism and perhaps even desecrating the national Flag .
Accusation is not even of illicit relationship but of "not doing enough to deny rumors of illicit relationship". Don't know what charges can be framed for such. Surprising was that all media outlets put this new prominently. This is not even subtle now. The rate at which media is losing credibility is alarming.

Indian media was never fair.In 1984 more than 3000 sikhs were killed by ruling party in Delhi, apart from Indian express hardly any newspaper covered that and you people must be living in fantasy world thinking that media is fair. There are several media houses which are pro govt but this time if you ask me media houses are quite fair. they are attacking Modi govt , AAP and even mocking Congress .