Great Discussion on Bhagat Singh & Co.

surajmal

Bhagat Singh is quite literally the most overrated Indian 'revolutionary' ever. 100s of people have done more and not gotten even 1/100th the recognition.

Ironically, it's the bapu who is most overrated,bhagat singh, subash Chandra Bose, Chandrasekhar azaad, Rani laxmibai are by far the most Iconic revolutionaries of India .

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, vayuu1 said:

Ironically, it's the bapu who is most overrated,bhagat singh, subash Chandra Bose, Chandrasekhar azaad, Rani laxmibai are by far the most Iconic revolutionaries of India .

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

Well, yes, Bapu is overrated- but he is still one of the top guy in terms of impact towards independence. We didn't need to deify him but then again, we are no different- history shows that leaders of successful independence movement get demi-God status in their countries. Such as Washington, Bolivar, etc.

My gripe with Bhagat Singh worship, is that he is quite literally one amongst hundreds/thousands in terms of what he did. I can list atleast 30 people on top of my head who are more deserving than Bhagat, but 99% of Indians don't even know them.

Edited by Muloghonto