Former Australian players slam Virat Kohli for carrying drinks during fourth Test

G_B_

What’s the story?

Virat Kohli might have missed the fourth Test with a shoulder injury but the fact that he was carrying drinks on day one has also come under scrutiny by former Australian Test players. Brendon Julian and World Cup-winning keeper Brad Haddin both questioned the reason why India’s captain across all formats was carrying drinks when he had an injury and should have had “ice” on his shoulder.

"The one sight out there that was quite puzzling was Virat Kohli out there running some drinks. This is the captain that said, 'I can't actually play because I have a shoulder injury' out there running the drinks," Julian said.

Brad Haddin added that while Kohli was trying to just be a team player, his move might have undermined Ajinkya Rahane’s captaincy.

The former Australian wicketkeeper said: “I also think he’s good for the game and he's a world class batter, but what about Rahane. He (Rahane) was out there captaining the team and you don't want him running on because you know how big a personality he is in the change-room. It's his time to captain and what if he had different views on what Kohli has. Talk to him by all means in the change-room, but you're injured. Sit down and get some ice on your shoulder.”

https://cricket.yahoo.com/news/former-australian-players-slam-virat-192200660.html

First time in my life...I saw a guy who gave them what they deserved....I m sure some cricket fans from england RSA and NZ would have liked it..

All this while they got away with all that **** by saying "what is said and done on the field stays on the Field"...

But now thy are saying that there limits to what should be said on the field but the fact is they crossed the Limit long time back

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, gakgupta said:

One more curious question ......r they any educated folks in australian team??

I got the general impression that they are usually from country side - uneducated -rogue youth getting into cricket team

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Most of them are what you would call rednecks or "white trash". You only need to look at someone like Warner to know all you need to know. Never knew Aussie sledging manual had a protocol for carrying drinks to the field as well :dontknow: