Kohli: "Australian cricketers will never be my friends again" and now clarifies his stance through twitter

20 minutes ago, Vilander said:

might sound cliche, but i have lost some respect for the Australian people on this account. its been pathetic the articles i can understand, the comments leaves one wondering, very unfortunate.

The ugly side is over-represented on the interwebs.  Don't read too much into it.  

2 hours ago, Forever Indian said:

The conference video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZwbuizu43c (starts from 2:35)

Not as bad as it's been portrayed here, think Kohli is just pissed that they mocked his injury. But we have also done similar things in past like Dhawan mocking Watson injury, so he needs to just chill out and forget it at the end of the series.

FI, Dhawan only mocked Watson in retaliation after Watson and his cohorts mocked the way Dhawan was limping after being dismissed - he was cramping up.   Only difference was that Twatto did it in a slick way not explicitly like Dhawan.    

6 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

What exactly did aussie players do to get him holding a grudge so ?

forget Aussie media and board . Separate thing. Why so against Aussie players so grudgingly . I genuinely dont get it skipper 

They must have disrespected him.   VK takes disrespect very seriously.   Him saying that you will not hear those words "ever again" is no small thing.  Remember what he said about Johnson during the Australia tour last time around.  He's already hinted that they said a lot about his injury at Ranchi.  They must have been mocking him when he came out to bat in T3 - the whole reference to the Physio - "Oh Call Patrick, my shoulder hurts".  Shyte like that.  We don't know the extent of it - but there's a reason why VK brought that up in the press conference - from his perspective, mocking a player for a serious injury crosses the line.  Maxwell clearly mocked him with the shoulder grab as well.    

If Smithbot can call Jadeja - the #1 bowler who's been taking a bunch of wickets and scoring runs against them - useless, you think him and his team will hold back against VK?  Their designated target and "head of the snake"?   Its the Aussie way - spew all kinds of garbage and filth at a player and then expect that all should be forgotten just by offering to "have a beer together".     No need to accept that as the "norm" in cricket.  Its not.  

9 minutes ago, sandeep said:

They must have disrespected him.   VK takes disrespect very seriously.   Him saying that you will not hear those words "ever again" is no small thing.  Remember what he said about Johnson during the Australia tour last time around.  He's already hinted that they said a lot about his injury at Ranchi.  They must have been mocking him when he came out to bat in T3 - the whole reference to the Physio - "Oh Call Patrick, my shoulder hurts".  Shyte like that.  We don't know the extent of it - but there's a reason why VK brought that up in the press conference - from his perspective, mocking a player for a serious injury crosses the line.  Maxwell clearly mocked him with the shoulder grab as well.    

If Smithbot can call Jadeja - the #1 bowler who's been taking a bunch of wickets and scoring runs against them - useless, you think him and his team will hold back against VK?  Their designated target and "head of the snake"?   Its the Aussie way - spew all kinds of garbage and filth at a player and then expect that all should be forgotten just by offering to "have a beer together".     No need to accept that as the "norm" in cricket.  Its not.  

+1

They expect their opponents to play like gentlemen yet are themselves rowdies of the highest order. Difference in culture probably but that's no excuse for rowdiness. 

As long as Virat is not abusive, I have no problem. This heat will carry on in the IPL considering that Smith, Warner and Maxwell are also IPL captains. 

10 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

No, their faces at the end of D3 and D4 is revenge enough.  I think Indians are too sensitive or have bloated image of oneself to care about such banter and take it personally. It is like ragging in college, where the seniors become friends after being so mean . 

Exactly.. Kohli needs to let it go and focus on different and better things. What's the point of saying all this on PC?

Kohli has reason to be pissed with the Aussies. I learnt through reliable sources, that they made several derogatory comments about Anushka. Kept asking why Anushka is nowhere to be seen while Mrs. Rahane, Mrs. Pujara were all in attendance.

I am sure the Aussies have no business talking about Kohli's GF and when they do it, they are obviously not going to be his friends. 

2 minutes ago, Dinx - the Jinx said:

Kohli has reason to be pissed with the Aussies. I learnt through reliable sources, that they made several derogatory comments about Anushka. Kept asking why Anushka is nowhere to be seen while Mrs. Rahane, Mrs. Pujara were all in attendance.

I am sure the Aussies have no business talking about Kohli's GF and when they do it, they are obviously not going to be his friends. 

This reminds me of how Gilchrist (the so=called saint) asked one of the reporters about Nagma during the 2001 test during a cricket press conference.  This was at a time when the Indian tabloids were reporting an affair between Nagma and the much-married Ganguly.   Apparently everything's fair if the Aussies do it.  But if anybody talks back, its not the "done thing".  Leave it on the field.  blah blah.    

Same reason I don't consider Smith's apology as genuine - its just PR management.  Just like he decided he needed to let Australian reporters know he offered to go to the Indian dressing room to "have a beer".  By the way, the norm is that the winning team goes over to the loser's change room - not the other way around.   He knew very well that his offer wasn't going to be accepted.  I just hope the Indian players have long memories.  I don't want to see excessive "bonhomie" during IPL with some of the prime offenders.  Although a few of them aren't even good enough to really be in the IPL anyway.   

Indians never go to such extent. What Aussies did to Virat is definitely not within the limits. I am no fan of Virat. I saw him smashing the bottle in the dressing room during Bangalore test and posted about it here. But what Aussies did to him just for the sake of winning  f&ing series is not gentlemanlike and hence the outburst. I wish he thrashes them left, right and center during the IPL as well.

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Well said. Aussies are sneaky characters trying to cover up with their bogus beer friendship. They need to be kept at arm's length and not trusted at all.