Your openers for Champions Trophy?

Who do you think should be our openers? 

Do you want to see KL Rahul open with Rohit?

Do you want Shikhar and Rohit and Rahul coming in the middle order to solidify our middle order?

Dhawan seems to be scoring runs and has done well in England, so you still want to keep him out and try someone else? 

I see Shikhar like Guptill, we need to keep him in our ODI's. Can't drop him from both the formats. I think he is very valuable to our ODi line up in ICC tournaments especially.

Also, Rohit hasn't played any international cricket so the Champions Trophy will be his first tournament back, it will be only good if he walks out with an experienced Shikhar Dhawan instead of an inexperienced and yet to accomplish big things as an ODI player in Rahul. 

Rahul can be tried as a middle order player where he can really work well for us. 

Rohit has to show fitness and form after his return from injury - yet to show it.   Rahul has potential, but he is very inexperienced, and can play in the middle order also.   You know Rahane's also in the mix for the opening slot - he just can't bat middle order in ODIs.  Its either opener or bench for him.  And he's blown too many opportunities to be even a sure thing for the squad, forget the XI.  Dhawan has to stay in the mix.   Best thing about him is that he does bat selflessly and carries the runrate - and also tends to come up with good performances in big games.   He is not good in T20s, and been rightly displaced in tests by Rahul.  But should still be in the ODI mix until Rohit and Rahul demonstrate a bit of form and consistency.   

I hate to say it, but I'm concerned about the middle order also - carrying 2 aging veterans in Yuvi and Dhoni in the middle is a bit of a concern.  You don't want your best batsman (VK) to have to worry about run-rate - others should take risks and carry the run-rate around him while he bats big.  We are not putting VK in positions where he is most likely to succeed - can't keep asking him to be Tendulkar every other game.  

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Rohit has to show fitness and form after his return from injury - yet to show it.   Rahul has potential, but he is very inexperienced, and can play in the middle order also.   You know Rahane's also in the mix for the opening slot - he just can't bat middle order in ODIs.  Its either opener or bench for him.  And he's blown too many opportunities to be even a sure thing for the squad, forget the XI.  Dhawan has to stay in the mix.   Best thing about him is that he does bat selflessly and carries the runrate - and also tends to come up with good performances in big games.   He is not good in T20s, and been rightly displaced in tests by Rahul.  But should still be in the ODI mix until Rohit and Rahul demonstrate a bit of form and consistency.   

I hate to say it, but I'm concerned about the middle order also - carrying 2 aging veterans in Yuvi and Dhoni in the middle is a bit of a concern.  You don't want your best batsman (VK) to have to worry about run-rate - others should take risks and carry the run-rate around him while he bats big.  We are not putting VK in positions where he is most likely to succeed - can't keep asking him to be Tendulkar every other game.  

Would be ideal if Yuvi is kicked out and Hooda comes in his place, but too late for that now.

Just now, jusarrived said:

I would like to see Rahul tried in the middle order . I think he has the skill to play both in the toporder as well as a in the lower order and we desperately need good batsmen who can hitting/finish off games for us down the order.

Why tinker with something that has been successful....Rahul is our test opener...should automatically open.....we rather find better power hitters for the middle order.....I will get hate for saying this but I still doubt Jadhav's effectiveness in England against quality pace

Just now, maniac said:

Why tinker with something that has been successful....Rahul is our test opener...should automatically open.....we rather find better power hitters for the middle order.....I will get hate for saying this but I still doubt Jadhav's effectiveness in England against quality pace

its still early days in his career and hes done much in ODI's yet . imo its much harder to find finishers than top order players . Virat is our best bat and when he gets out thats our last hope , we really need a quality player down the order and KL may be can be groomed for that role . 

Still not a big fan of Jadhav , hes played some top knock but just doesnt come across as some one you can completely trust .

I'll probably be killed for this but I want Rahane, at least in the squad and then see how the warmups go.

Rohit, Rahul, Dhawan, Rahane : play 3 of them in top 3 for both warmups. 

Rahane in his debut ODI series opened the innings in England and did well.

Its just a confidence/temperament issue with him. Technically he is perfect foil for someone like Dhawan. But if he plays with Rohit we'll probably have 35-40 after 10 which is not acceptable.

8 minutes ago, maniac said:

If you had previously followed how he fared in Aussie A tours you wouldn't have this doubt.

Just now, Forever Indian said:

If you had previously followed how he fared in Aussie A tours you wouldn't have this doubt.

I have busted the myth a million times before...Aussie pitches these days are pattas and pitches for A tours are super duper pattas(if such a thing exists)

Naman Ojha scoring 200's for fun and Umesh Yadav hitting almost a 100-how ridiculous does that sound

1 minute ago, Sidhoni said:

I'll probably be killed for this but I want Rahane, at least in the squad and then see how the warmups go.

Its just a confidence/temperament issue with him. Technically he is perfect foil for someone like Dhawan. But if he plays with Rohit we'll probably have 35-40 after 10 which is not acceptable.

Since he was picked recently in the squad, I won't be surprised if he is retained again in the odi squad for Champions Trophy.

BCCI selection has showed recently that they want to have a similar looking team for ODI's and Tests

4 minutes ago, Sidhoni said:

I like Rahane too , but yes there is no way Rohit and Rahane can open for us .