Your openers for Champions Trophy?

32 minutes ago, Sidhoni said:

I'll probably be killed for this but I want Rahane, at least in the squad and then see how the warmups go.

Rohit, Rahul, Dhawan, Rahane : play 3 of them in top 3 for both warmups. 

Rahane in his debut ODI series opened the innings in England and did well.

Its just a confidence/temperament issue with him. Technically he is perfect foil for someone like Dhawan. But if he plays with Rohit we'll probably have 35-40 after 10 which is not acceptable.

Rohit and Rahane opening is a recipe for disaster. Rahul and Rohit or Rahul and Rahane would be fine. But I am not sure about Rahane in ODIs.Dhawan and Parthiv should be backup openers.

Edited by Pollack
2 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Rohit and Rahane opening is a recipe for disaster. Rahul and Rohit or Rahul and Rahane would be fine. But I am not sure about Rahane in ODIs.Dhawan and Parthiv should be backup openers.

Rahul and Rahane??? Lol

There is only one constant.

Can we just have a smiley or a mathematical symbol attributed to Rohit's accomplishment as an opener...will save me the trouble of typing them over and over and educating the masses :facepalm:

Rohit or Rahul-1st choice

Rohit or Dhawan-2nd choice

Rohit or Rahane-3rd choice

Rahul and Dhawan-Last choice

Rahul and Rahane-When we have no choice

Rahane and Dhawan-When the only other choice is cricketing suicide

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

Rahul and Rahane??? Lol

There is only one constant.

Can we just have a smiley or a mathematical symbol attributed to Rohit's accomplishment as an opener...will save me the trouble of typing them over and over and educating the masses :facepalm:

Rohit or Rahul-1st choice

Rohit or Dhawan-2nd choice

Rohit or Rahane-3rd choice

Rahul and Dhawan-Last choice

Rahul and Rahane-When we have no choice

Rahane and Dhawan-When the only other choice is cricketing suicide

Wait for few year or I would say just one year you would see why I don't rate Rohit as highly inspite of he being one of the ace ODI batsman at the moment.

Rohit and Rahul - First choice.

Rahul and Rahane - Second.

Rahul and Dhawan - Third.

Rahul and P.P - Fourth.

Rohit and Parthiv - Fifth.

Rohit and Dhawan- Sixth.

BTAsiaW Rahul in thethe middle order is also a good Idea considering we are carrying some dead woods.But Opening becomes a problem. Maybe open with Pant and Rohit then and just hope he somehow clicks. But again slogging down the order would be an issue.

Rohit-Dhawan opening and Rahul at number 4. 

Rozilla and Jaat jee were instrumental in our triumph 4 years ago and have prior experience of English conditions. Rohit, after Virat is our biggest match winner in ODIs and Dhawan is a big match/tourney player. In fact of the present lot, if I have to choose someone as my go to guy in an all important ICC match I will choose Dhawan over Virat because of his past credentials.

Rahul is a dynamic player who can slot in at no 4 in stead of Yuvi. Yuvi will be toast against quality bowlers(pace or spin) in England. Rahul can play all types of bowling and can also play according to the situation.

Rahane is my back up opener in case we are greeted with a green top. He should open in such situations with either of Rohit/Dhawan depending on their form.

This would be my lineup... I would have Dhawan in my team as he shows up in big tourneys. He won us the CT 2013 and was our top performer in 2015 WC with runs against all the tough opponents.

Rohit

Dhawan

Kohli

Rahul

Dhoni

Jadhav

Pandya

Jadeja

Bhuvi

Shami

Bumrah

Other players in the 16 member squad... if the pitch is flat or supports spin I would replace Shami with Ashwin in the playing XI.

Manish Pandey

Ashwin (if fit)

Pant

Umesh or another pacer in form

One pick based on the guy who's in tremendous form in IPL

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Rohit-Dhawan opening and Rahul at number 4. 

Rozilla and Jaat jee were instrumental in our triumph 4 years ago and have prior experience of English conditions. Rohit, after Virat is our biggest match winner in ODIs and Dhawan is a big match/tourney player. In fact of the present lot, if I have to choose someone as my go to guy in an all important ICC match I will choose Dhawan over Virat because of his past credentials.

Rahul is a dynamic player who can slot in at no 4 in stead of Yuvi. Yuvi will be toast against quality bowlers(pace or spin) in England. Rahul can play all types of bowling and can also play according to the situation.

Rahane is my back up opener in case we are greeted with a green top. He should open in such situations with either of Rohit/Dhawan depending on their form.

Yuvi will most likely play. Kohli's backing.So Rahul cannot be in place of Yuvi. Rohit, Kolhi , Dhoni and Yuvraj, Kedar are fixed. So either Rahul or Dhawan for one opening slot. If want to accommodate Rahul in middle order then Kedar or Yuvi needs to be dropped. But the confidence that kohli has on Yuvi its not gonna happen.

If we go with likes of Yuvraj and Rahane in the playing XI we may as well kiss the trophy goodbye. Yuvraj is done and Rahane is not made for shorter formats. We have enough decent players to win the tourney and for once I wish selectors show some balls. Highly unlikely though given Yuvraj was handed a contract and Rahane is the VC :sad: 

32 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I get the feeling that it will be based on IPL performances.

Whether that is the right approach or not, I am not sure.

Some player might get into the squad, but doubt we will try a totally new player as an opener for Champions Trophy. Yes, If Dhawan fails in IPL, then his selection is certainly going to be decided based on his performance in IPL but I don't see a new guy getting picked as an opener right now based on his IPL performance.

6 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Dhawan

Rohit

Kohli

Rahul

MSD

Yuvi

Kedar

Jadeja

Ashwin

Umesh

Bhuvi

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Expecting Yuvi-Kedar to bowl 10 overs??

Also need Bumrah, otherwise we'll concede 100 runs in last 10. Bhuvi has improved but one bowler can't contain on his own.

Edited by Sidhoni
2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Some player might get into the squad, but doubt we will try a totally new player as an opener for Champions Trophy. Yes, If Dhawan fails in IPL, then his selection is certainly going to be decided based on his performance in IPL but I don't see a new guy getting picked as an opener right now based on his IPL performance.

Pant can get picked if he does good in IPL.Unfortunately they want him to fit in lower middle order aka slogger spot. Don't know if its right for the kid.

Just now, Pollack said:

Pant can get picked if he does good in IPL.Unfortunately they want him to fit in lower middle order aka slogger spot. Don't know if its right for the kid.

Don't think he will get picked as opener now right away as he wasn't tried earlier when picked in 2020. As I said, new players might get picked into squad, but they are not going to pick a brand new opener from IPL for a tournament like Champions trophy. They will just probabaly watch how Dhawan does and might keep Dhwan if he does well, if he doesn't they will stick with Rohit and Rahul for chanpions trophy. IPL is very important for Dhawan mainly. Kind of for Rohit too who hasn't played for a while needs to be among the runs before foing into Champions Trophy. Need to start all over again.