Kohli vs Sachin . Can we stop this embarrassing comparison (POLL)

Has Virat surpassed Sachin as a cricketer?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Has Virat surpassed Sachin as a cricketer?

Kohli is already an ATG is LOIs, and is the best batsman in our team by far. He can't be compared with Sachin in tests though. 

You have to dominate world cups to be an all time great in ODI/ score in knock outs.

Kohli has nothing yet.Has time on his side obviously but scoring in bilaterals doesn't make u All time great.

I guess in LOI's Kohli is at a stage where we can start comparing him with Sachin. 

Again the key word here being in LOI's. Obviously Sachin never played T20I's bar that one inconsequential game where Dinesh Karthik of all people was the man of the match IIRC.

In Tests Sachin is head and shoulders above Virat.

Overall too there is no comparison-Sachin is  ahead.

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

Real sachin chamchas are yet to show up.. Hiding in there bunkers prob:phehe:

Maybe they are not replying  because they know virat kohli is miles ahead and how many matches he won us singlehandedly compared to somme overrated dude who played for his personal milestones only.

Sorry but Like a  harsha bhogle, who is an embarrassment to whatever he represents imo - his city, his college etc. too many of sachin fans are also just an embarrassment to whatever they represent.   

Just now, maniac said:

I guess in LOI's Kohli is at a stage where we can start comparing him with Sachin. 

Again the key word here being in LOI's. Obviously Sachin never played T20I's bar that one inconsequential game where Dinesh Karthik of all people was the man of the match IIRC.

In Tests Sachin is head and shoulders above Virat.

Overall too there is no comparison-Sachin is  ahead.

Sachin at this stage of career already dominated the 1996 WC .

Kohli has played 5 knock out matches in world cup in his career and hasn't even scored a single fifty.So Kohli still have a long way to go in that regard too.

It's only in T20s Kohli is a true great.

I think no one was comparing them in a big deal or in serious way until OP created this thread. I think OP is wanting people to discuss this and have some kind of fight among fans. 

Most Kohli fans already know that he is going to be great but know that Kohli hasn't scored even half the runs Tendulkar scored. Until then Sachin will always be higher than any current great.

Good try by OP to create fight among fans.

Just now, Cricketics said:

I think no one was comparing them in a big deal or in serious way until OP created this thread. I think OP is wanting people to discuss this and have some kind of fight among fans. 

Most Kohli fans already know that he is going to be great but know that Kohli hasn't scored even half the runs Tendulkar scored. Until then Sachin will always be higher than any current great.

Good try by OP to create fight among fans.

Dude Kohli is regularly compared with Sachin on ICF.Maybe u need to check more posts on ICF lol

I actually created this thread after seeing the nonsense comparison for umpteenth time .

It's just nonsense.

Lol little bit of his batting will always be compared, we have to be less sensitve and move on since Kohli has already achieved great things. 

i don't agree with the comparison either but  little achievements will always be thrown on the forum, they always are, and will be whenever a player will go on to win so many games for a country in a short ODI career. 

18 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

You have to dominate world cups to be an all time great in ODI/ score in knock outs.

Kohli has nothing yet.Has time on his side obviously but scoring in bilaterals doesn't make u All time great.

No, that is just some made up criteria. Kohli has shown through his chasing skills and being the man of the tournament in two world cups that he does fine under pressure. That is the only reason performance in WC is important.

29 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

ODIs - Kohli. 

Tests - SRT. Not even worth comparing.

Ps: start a poll.

How is Kohli already great in ODIs when he has nothing outside of India or in big tourney? Sachin was top scorer in two world cups and has a series win in Australia which no other team had

29 minutes ago, Viper said:

:wall::wall::wall: How are you comparing Run machine to some selfish dude.. 

Virat Kohli is miles ahead.. He doesn't choke in finals atleast.. Can't remember proper match sachin won us chasing..Virat will eat him for breakfast and dinner

Please on what basis are you saying that ? 

OP is being too sensitive.

Just now, Ultimate_Game said:

Which format are we talking about? In shorter formats Kohli is already ahead. In Tests, if Kohli wins away from home I would rate him higher for his batting and captaincy.

How is Kohli ahead in shorter format by just winning at home which we already did? Sachin almost single handedly won a series in Australia and was top scorer in two worldcups

5 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Sachin at this stage of career already dominated the 1996 WC .

Kohli has played 5 knock out matches in world cup in his career and hasn't even scored a single fifty.So Kohli still have a long way to go in that regard too.

It's only in T20s Kohli is a true great.

Agreed....scary fact is in their first world cups both performed above average

Sachin scored 283 runs in 1992 and Kohli 282 in 2011...reincarnation :fear1:

But yes Virat faltered away in 2015 after a dream start where Sachin topped the charts in 1996.

Sachin had an average 1999 WC by his standards-now if Virat tops the charts in 2019-then the comparisons will get stronger.

Already Virat has had some dream innings just like Sachin has outside the WC.

Yes T20 Virat is in ATG category and adding T20+ODI is already staking a claim for a LOI great