Kohli vs Sachin . Can we stop this embarrassing comparison (POLL)

Has Virat surpassed Sachin as a cricketer?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Has Virat surpassed Sachin as a cricketer?

Just now, Cricketics said:

OP is being too sensitive.

Why are you feeding the troll? Do you agree with what he said? No wonder this forum never progressed when cheap trolls are constantly fed scraps. You do know these guys plan outside ICF on coming and trolling here in groups? Also these trolls decide which sides to take and what arguments to use to rile up the most number of people

1 minute ago, New guy said:

How is Kohli ahead in shorter format by just winning at home which we already did? Sachin almost single handedly won a series in Australia and was top scorer in two worldcups

Though I agree with you mostly, it is completely wrong to say he won the CB series single handedly.

No, that is just some made up criteria. Kohli has shown through his chasing skills and being the man of the tournament in two world cups that he does fine under pressure. That is the only reason performance in WC is important.

Exactly.Thats why he is a definite great in T20s.No two ways about it.

Now which ODI world Cup has dominated .I don't remember any.

Do I consider Kohli a great ODI player ? Yes

But is he at the level of Sachin? Clearly no.

As I earlier said Sachin was dominating world cups in every sense at this age.Thats the sort of player we are talking about.

2 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Which format are we talking about? In shorter formats Kohli is already ahead. In Tests, if Kohli wins away from home I would rate him higher for his batting and captaincy. But across all formats combined I would take Kohli ahead of Tendulkar.

That is a myth.How did you come up with that?

T20's? sure absolutely what is there to argue.

But in ODI's no way. If you are comparing 10 years of SRT's career with Kohli's which is about now then may be but if you compare total SRT's career where he finished to Kohli now-that is  just a random emotional statement.

Just now, New guy said:

How is Kohli already great in ODIs when he has nothing outside of India or in big tourney? Sachin was top scorer in two world cups and has a series win in Australia which no other team had

Comparison shouldn't be there since Kohli hasn't even scored half the runs. Till Kohli does that and score more consistently in next few years, he can't be termed greater than Sachin like you know. 

But people shouldn't feel said when little things of Kohli are compred to Sachin as Kohli has already won plenty of games for India in ODI's in a short career at a crazy chase rate which not many in world crixket have done ever.

So total comparsion isn't right yet but little comparions shouldn't be blown out of propotion. I think OP took it literally :)

How is Kohli already great in ODIs when he has nothing outside of India or in big tourney? Sachin was top scorer in two world cups and has a series win in Australia which no other team had

He bailed us out in the CT 2013 final when we were 66/5. He hasn't dominated a 50 over tournament yet but it's only a matter of time.

Why are you feeding the troll? Do you agree with what he said? No wonder this forum never progressed when cheap trolls are constantly fed scraps. You do know these guys plan outside ICF on coming and trolling here in groups? Also these trolls decide which sides to take and what arguments to use to rile up the most number of people

Whoa.....I mean don't know to be sad or feel emotional that ICF has become an institution where it is faces a scenario like Russians rigging US election type conspiracy damn!!!

I think OP is offended by something you said to him and hence he is trying to create pro tendulkar thread to get in good terms with sachin fans like you? I think that is what it is. 

Agreed....scary fact is in their first world cups both performed above average

Sachin scored 283 runs in 1992 and Kohli 282 in 2011...reincarnation :fear1:

But yes Virat faltered away in 2015 after a dream start where Sachin topped the charts in 1996.

Sachin had an average 1999 WC by his standards-now if Virat tops the charts in 2019-then the comparisons will get stronger.

Already Virat has had some dream innings just like Sachin has outside the WC.

Yes T20 Virat is in ATG category and adding T20+ODI is already staking a claim for a LOI great

Couple of things though.

Sachin batted at no.5 and 6 in 1992.So kinda unfair to compare him to Kohli who batted at no.4 throughout the tournament.

Also the par scores in Australia 1992 were way below what was in 2011.So the 283 runs in 92 in far more impressive that Kohli's runs in 2011.Context always matters most imo.

Just now, New guy said:

How is Kohli ahead in shorter format by just winning at home which we already did? Sachin almost single handedly won a series in Australia and was top scorer in two worldcups

Kohli is ahead the way he bosses the shorter formats and how he wins the game on his own. I'm sorry but I never saw Tendulkar do that. You have a sense of inevitability when Kohli is batting while chasing. When he gets to his 50 you know he's gonna finish the game. And as for T20s i don't even need to say anything.

5 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Exactly.Thats why he is a definite great in T20s.No two ways about it.

Now which ODI world Cup has dominated .I don't remember any.

Do I consider Kohli a great ODI player ? Yes

But is he at the level of Sachin? Clearly no.

As I earlier said Sachin was dominating world cups in every sense at this age.Thats the sort of player we are talking about.

I don't think he is at Sachin's level in ODIs either. But there is no debating that he is already an ATG in LOIs. 

2 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Couple of things though.

Sachin batted at no.5 and 6 in 1992.So kinda unfair to compare him to Kohli who batted at no.4 throughout the tournament.

Also the par scores in Australia 1992 were way below what was in 2011.So the 283 runs in 92 in far more impressive that Kohli's runs in 2011.Context always matters most imo.

The 283 vs 282 is  just a cool tidbit.

Sure can pull out stats etc but one thing we cannot deny is Kohli is the new Sachin for the Indian fan.

He is the guy whom every one has those level of expectations