SPEED & PERFORMANCE OF FAST BOWLERS N TRUNDLERS IN 2017 IPL

vishalvirsingh

8 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

You cannot know that unless given a chance. Sandeep has outbowled most of the bowlers you mentioned in IPL, which is the closest you will see to intl level. Bowling is about taking wkts and not about a speed competition. Bowling is about out-thinking a batsman and bowling to a plan and not just hurl the delivery as fast you can. Bowling is about understanding your strengths and using them to prise out wickets and not about bowling bouncers at 140 kph with no brains.

Sandeep's biggest strength is his unwavering line & length and I doubt any of the bowlers can beat him in that category and that's why he deserves a chance. Sandeep has shown his strengths work at whatever level he has played and have helped him succeed and his performances at all levels speak to the same. Aaron bowling at 140 kph and getting thrashed to all corners is meaningless. I would take Sandeep's accuracy and discipline ahead of those 140 kph thunderbolts which crash into boundary boards. As I said earlier, domestic performances do mean something and just because someone thinks Rayudu is better than Jadhav doesn't make it so. We are seeing the same scenario here. In shorter formats I don't see anyone other than Bumrah and Bhuvi ahead of Sandeep based on performances.

Sandeep is good ..I agree.

But trundlers are attacked big ..n even fast bowlers with less control are murdered.

Only guys who are truly fast and guys who swing at good pace like jimmy Anderson succeed.

Even all rounders like stokes manage themselves but Stuart binny who also swings at 125 to 129 k are history.

Stokes is all rounder bowling 13o to 145 k with control n bats...hardik is tying to be similiar so he will goto england for champions.

9 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

You cannot know that unless given a chance. Sandeep has outbowled most of the bowlers you mentioned in IPL, which is the closest you will see to intl level. Bowling is about taking wkts and not about a speed competition. Bowling is about out-thinking a batsman and bowling to a plan and not just hurl the delivery as fast you can. Bowling is about understanding your strengths and using them to prise out wickets and not about bowling bouncers at 140 kph with no brains.

Sandeep's biggest strength is his unwavering line & length and I doubt any of the bowlers can beat him in that category and that's why he deserves a chance. Sandeep has shown his strengths work at whatever level he has played and have helped him succeed and his performances at all levels speak to the same. Aaron bowling at 140 kph and getting thrashed to all corners is meaningless. I would take Sandeep's accuracy and discipline ahead of those 140 kph thunderbolts which crash into boundary boards. As I said earlier, domestic performances do mean something and just because someone thinks Rayudu is better than Jadhav doesn't make it so. We are seeing the same scenario here. In shorter formats I don't see anyone other than Bumrah and Bhuvi ahead of Sandeep based on performances.

In international cricket just bowling line and length wont suffice. To succeed in international cricket, pace is important along with the ability bowl yorkers accurately and vary their pace. Bhuvi and Bumrah are the examples of the complete package that is needed to succeed in LOI's. Sandeep lacks those 2 crucial things atm- yorkers at pace and good slower balls. For those who have followed Indian cricket for a long time have seen many medium pace bowlers who were good at line and length but lacked pace and good yorkers/slower deliveries and were hammered in LOI's.

Just now, vishalvirsingh said:

Sandeep is good ..I agree.

But trundlers are attacked big ..n even fast bowlers with less control are murdered.

Only guys who are truly fast and guys who swing at good pace like jimmy Anderson succeed.

Even all rounders like stokes manage themselves but Stuart binny who also swings at 125 to 129 k are history.

Stokes is all rounder bowling 13o to 145 k with control n bats...hardik is tying to be similiar so he will goto england for champions.

If someone succeeds at all the levels he's given a chance at, the said player deserves a shot at the next one. So far Sandeep has done well at the following levels: u-19, List A, Domestic T20, FC and IPL. In fact his stats are better than most of the pacers who have played for India or are being considered for the same. Sandeep deserves the same consideration. there are multiple ways to skin the cat and Sandeep has shown he can get the job done. Theoretically you can look at a bumblebee and say it can't or shouldn't be able to fly but it does. Just because Sandeep is not express pace doesn't mean he can't succeed. he has shown he can at every level he has played and deserves a chance ahead of folks like Aaron who have been given chances. It's only fair Sandeep gets his chances too rather than being confined to domestics despite out-performing and out-bowling his competition.

And seriously you are comparing Sandeep with Binny :facepalm:Have you seen the two bowl? Do you think everyone who bowls at a particular pace similar? hardik Pandya and Ben Stokes bowl around 140-142 kph - the same pace as Mcgrath used to bowl. Do you think that comparison makes sense? This is how absurd your comparison with Stuart Binny looks. As I mentioned in my earlier post (which you clearly didn't read) speed isn't everything in bowling. There are lots of aspect to taking wkts and not hurling the ball from Point A to Point B as fast as you can.

10 minutes ago, Mosher said:

In international cricket just bowling line and length wont suffice. To succeed in international cricket, pace is important along with the ability bowl yorkers accurately and vary their pace. Bhuvi and Bumrah are the examples of the complete package that is needed to succeed in LOI's. Sandeep lacks those 2 crucial things atm- yorkers at pace and good slower balls. For those who have followed Indian cricket for a long time have seen many medium pace bowlers who were good at line and length but lacked pace and good yorkers/slower deliveries and were hammered in LOI's.

How do you explain Sandeep's success in IPL across last 4 seasons in that case? Surely he should have been found out by now but somehow he hasn't. Show me one domestic bowler who has succeeded at the following levels - u-19, List A, FC and IPL? I can't think of too many. Sandeep has proved himself at every level and deserves a chance just like any other who has performed well consistently.

11 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

If someone succeeds at all the levels he's given a chance at, the said player deserves a shot at the next one. So far Sandeep has done well at the following levels: u-19, List A, Domestic T20, FC and IPL. In fact his stats are better than most of the pacers who have played for India or are being considered for the same. Sandeep deserves the same consideration. there are multiple ways to skin the cat and Sandeep has shown he can get the job done. Theoretically you can look at a bumblebee and say it can't or shouldn't be able to fly but it does. Just because Sandeep is not express pace doesn't mean he can't succeed. he has shown he can at every level he has played and deserves a chance ahead of folks like Aaron who have been given chances. It's only fair Sandeep gets his chances too rather than being confined to domestics despite out-performing and out-bowling his competition.

And seriously you are comparing Sandeep with Binny :facepalm:Have you seen the two bowl? Do you think everyone who bowls at a particular pace similar? hardik Pandya and Ben Stokes bowl around 140-142 kph - the same pace as Mcgrath used to bowl. Do you think that comparison makes sense? This is how absurd your comparison with Stuart Binny looks. As I mentioned in my earlier post (which you clearly didn't read) speed isn't everything in bowling. There are lots of aspect to taking wkts and not hurling the ball from Point A to Point B as fast as you can.

I did not compare sandeep to Binny...

Sandeep is way too good.

No comparison dear.

I just said why binny was dumped n hardik preferred.

I compared hardik  and he was preferred because he was faster.

I am saying if sandeep increases his pace by 5 k n same swing and control ..he may succeed.

Sandeep is coming up well but he has to further increase his pace n swing.

Edited by vishalvirsingh

Just now, vishalvirsingh said:

I did not compare sandeep to Binny...

Sandeep is way too good.

No comparison dear.

I just said why he was dumped n hardik preferred.

I compared hardik  was preferred because he was faster.

I am saying if sandeep increases his pace by 5 k n same swing and control ..he may succeed.

Binny was dumped coz he sucked with both bat and ball. Hardik wasn't just preferred because of pace. It was coz of batting as well and the fact they had similar stats. In Sandeep's case he has clearly outperformed others at every level. If other bowlers were  in the same ball-park and were faster I can understand but in this case Sandeep is heads and shoulders above others. It's almost like saying Tait should be preferred over McGrath coz Tait can bowl faster.