Jump to content
vishalvirsingh

SPEED & PERFORMANCE OF FAST BOWLERS N TRUNDLERS IN 2017 IPL

Recommended Posts

Cummins is serious pace and it's high time Team India takes zaheer into coaching setup.

 

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

 

 

 

Yes seriously,zak is a genius we need him to nurture our up and coming tear ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MK55 said:

Quite disappointed from what Ive seen so far.

No Aaron, Shami, Sangwan, Khejroliya, Thampi. Overdose of Kulkarni Mohit Praveen Dinda :facepalm:

 

IPL's one big waste of time for me.

Feeling the same.

 

Even Aniket C has been dropped after one match in which 3 catches were dropped off  his bowling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Feeling the same.

 

Even Aniket C has been dropped after one match in which 3 catches were dropped off  his bowling.

This is because of our love for Aussie brains..Watson looks like a captain passing his pre retirement days.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pre-tournament hype sorrounding some serious pace prospects has not panned out, its amazing to see this trundler-loving mentality persist despite the faith shown in raw pace by the national team management and when we have seen its benefits in recent series. The newcomers rarely get a consistent run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Bhuvi has been quite slow today ..i didn't see all his overs so I will request others to report about his pace.

Nehra bowled 131 to 139k whatever I saw. Did he bowl faster than 139k.

Nehra 130 k to 140 k

Bhuvi  125 k to 138 k

 

excluding slower balls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Hope Thampi is not dropped after this match. Thampi is clearly nervous today. Whenever I have seen him bowl in SMA, he has bowled with good control. But he should cut down on the slower balls.

Definitely needs to be given more chances. You can't drop a youngster after just a single game. If he fails in multiple games, fair enough but you can't go "one and done".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brad Hodge looked very nervous in his interview.  

 

Raina blamed his bowlers atleast 4 times in the post match interview and said that their batting was ok..... despite getting bowled out for 135.

 

The morale of the GL think-tank looks really down.

 

I am having a bad feeling about the future of Thampi, Nathu etc.  with this franchise.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Awful awful captaincy, when is Brenda taking over??? Thampi will need branda as a captain to succeed, can't see him growing under raina, thampi isn't just an death bowler he can swing the new ball with pace,could have caused few problems to warner and dhawan with new ball unleashing him against a well set warner was suicidal for his confidence.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, vipin said:

What pace was Thampi bowling at today?

 

 

Thampi bowled only  four or five faster deliveries

 

That included  142 k, 140 k and 139 k.

 

He will bowl much faster when he stops bowling 60% slower balls.

Edited by express bowling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some observations on the short spell by Thampi

 

  • He got some right-hander's inswing at good pace when he bowled faster deliveries
  • 21 runs off 2 overs , bowling to a set Warner in a T20 match.  It is not that bad really.  For reference, today even Bumrah gave away 15 runs in his first over and the great Malinga gave away 20 runs in his first 2 overs.
  • He should stop bowling so many slower balls in the middle of the innings.  
  • His specialties are fast yorkers and fast bouncers and he should attempt those deliveries sufficiently.  The only inswinging yorker he bowled. he looked good.
  • He should get his line right.
  • He looked very nervous. Hopefully, his nerves settle down if he gets to play another match.
  • He needs to be supported. Even Kohli had a horrible first test series against a weak WI, Rahane started  his international career poorly.  While evaluating talented young players.... these things have to be kept in mind.  If the talent and potential is there.... back him hard.

 

Edited by express bowling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Some observations on the short spell by Thampi

 

  • He got some right-hander's inswing at good pace when he bowled faster deliveries
  • 21 runs off 2 overs , bowling to a set Warner in a T20 match.  It is not that bad really.  For reference, today even Bumrah gave away 15 runs in his first over and the great Malinga gave away 20 runs in his first 2 overs.
  • He should stop bowling so many slower balls in the middle of the innings.  
  • His specialties are fast yorkers and fast bouncers and he should attempt those deliveries sufficiently.  The only inswinging yorker he bowled. he looked good.
  • He should get his line right.
  • He looked very nervous. Hopefully, his nerves settle down if he gets to play another match.
  • He needs to be supported. Even Kohli had a horrible first test series against a weak WI, Rahane started  his international career poorly.  While evaluating talented young players.... these things have to be kept in mind.  If the talent and potential is there.... back him hard.

 

He didn't bowl any bouncer.After he was hit for consecutive boundaries, may be Raina told him to bowl slower one.

 

He had some issues with his shoes also, he was seen tyieng his lace after every ball.Once his shoes also came out.

 

Hope he gets another chance, but I think Raina will bring back Gony in next match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far its disappointing from our pacers no real quick balls, I think dinda is the fastest with 144k nobody has crossed 145k and on top of that teams like gujrat rats are busy playing grandpas like pk, frustrating!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, speedheat said:

So far its disappointing from our pacers no real quick balls, I think dinda is the fastest with 144k nobody has crossed 145k and on top of that teams like gujrat rats are busy playing grandpas like pk, frustrating!!!

That is because none of our established genuine fast bowlers have played a single game.    : )

 

The 2 newbies have bowled just 6 overs between themselves and have not bowled flat out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Some observations on the short spell by Thampi

 

  • He got some right-hander's inswing at good pace when he bowled faster deliveries
  • 21 runs off 2 overs , bowling to a set Warner in a T20 match.  It is not that bad really.  For reference, today even Bumrah gave away 15 runs in his first over and the great Malinga gave away 20 runs in his first 2 overs.
  • He should stop bowling so many slower balls in the middle of the innings.  
  • His specialties are fast yorkers and fast bouncers and he should attempt those deliveries sufficiently.  The only inswinging yorker he bowled. he looked good.
  • He should get his line right.
  • He looked very nervous. Hopefully, his nerves settle down if he gets to play another match.
  • He needs to be supported. Even Kohli had a horrible first test series against a weak WI, Rahane started  his international career poorly.  While evaluating talented young players.... these things have to be kept in mind.  If the talent and potential is there.... back him hard.
 

 

Again nicely analysed expressji, but don't accept support for him from gujrat rats, raina following the footsteps of his guruji dhoni will ruin him, actually i was really disappointed when he was fetched by the gujju rats in an auction,because trundler love mentality still persist in them, I was really hopping that he could be picked up by one of rcb or KKR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×