How much Dhoni mek?

Magneto

With the emergence of Pant, we need to send the best WK to the ICC Champions Trophy. So it’s necessary to put Dhoni’s form and performances under the scanner. Expecting him to score 3-4 50s and a couple of 70s in the remaining matches. Hope Dhoni comes out trumps. :cheer:

Edited by Magneto

He is a complete waste it seems.Jadhav with the finishing skills and Pant (will mature more as a wk batsman),cover both aspects which Dhoni did so well for India.Time is running out ,I heard for the zillionth time he was trying to consolidate in T20 cricket today.

Personally I will give both Dhoni and Yuvi the Champions trophy.Dhoni has looked good in ODIs whenever batted at 5 and only one apart from Kohli can trust in scoring under pressure. Yeah Jadhav has been great but is still kinda greenhorn away from India.

Personally I will give both Dhoni and Yuvi the Champions trophy.Kohli already is a very new captain.So dont wanna risk too much in CT.

They showed good form in the last ODI series and IPL is T20 format.So kinda deserve to play in CT anyway.

But if Dhoni struggles in CT , then time to look past him.Same goes for Yuvi.

As for Pant , should come into the T20 teamin asap.Also would try to open with him in the ODIs .

6 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Rahul

Rohit

Kohli

Kedar

Pant

Dhoni/Karthik

Jadeja

Ashwin/kuldeep

Shami/Bhuvi

Umesh

Bhuvi/J Bumrah

.....Want this but obviously won't happen. 

Karthik has clarified that he wants to play as a pure batsman. I think it’s better that way, because his keeping will always be questionable. No point putting him under pressure assigning him the keeping job. Pant can keep, if Dhoni is completely out of form.

7 minutes ago, BCCI said:

ODI is still okay I guess but enough is enough in T2Os.Good it wil be a good quiz question,which batsman scored his 1st and only 50 in his last match :p:

T20Is are a waste. No one really cares. When’s the next World T20?

21 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Rahul

Rohit

Kohli

Kedar

Pant

Dhoni/Karthik

Jadeja

Ashwin/kuldeep

Shami/Bhuvi

Umesh

Bhuvi/J Bumrah

That's one strong team. 2 among Shami/BK/Bumrah should play. Umesh should only be in the squad if some fast bowler gets injured. He is more useful in test atm. Yuvi is looking in great nick. He should be in there too.

Edited by Mosher

Rahul

Rohit

Kohli

Kedar

Pant

Dhoni/Karthik

Jadeja

Ashwin/kuldeep

Shami/Bhuvi

Umesh

Bhuvi/J Bumrah

Umesh ahead of Bumrah in in shorter formats is nonsense.

Umesh Yadav at best is 4th choice seamer in our limited overs set up behind Shami Bumrah and Bhuvi.Probably also Pandya as he is an all-rounder.

Also kinda unfair on Yuvi to drop him when he has been performing well.

Why we need to drop Dhoni to accomodate Pant? Both can play and should play. 

People want Pant so badly that they always think since he is keeper, so lets drop Dhoni because he is the keeper currently and blocking Pant. For me, Dhoni is as valuable to the team as Kohli is.

Lets stay bit humble guys. Our Odi team doesn't have steady openers as Rohit is just returning from injury, and Rahul is sort of injured and Dhawan has been inconsistent and so is Yuvraj. In that case, we need to play Dhoni every game in Champions trophy to e sure there is some experience. 

Pant can replace Yuvi but not Dhoni. Dhoni is a proven long time performer. 

1 minute ago, Magneto said:

T20Is are a waste. No one really cares. When’s the next World T20?

Agree to an extent.

Eye balls would be on Dhoni in CT,if he doesnt perform then I think debate of Pant will crop up.As for now,I think he is a sure shot selection as WK for CT.

Karthik has clarified that he wants to play as a pure batsman. I think it’s better that way, because his keeping will always be questionable. No point putting him under pressure assigning him the keeping job. Pant can keep, if Dhoni is completely out of form.

What Karthick meant was , he would want to get into the team as pure Batsmen as WK/bat is not possible as Dhoni is already there.

Not that he wants to play as pure bat.He still keeps wicket in domestic cricket in all forms including Ranji and IPL.

Agree his keeping is awful for consideration for tests.Dont think it's much of an issue in ODI s or T20s.Though if they want to build on Pant,then it may be irrelevant.

4 minutes ago, Mosher said:

That's one strong team. 2 among Shami/BK/Bumrah should play. Umesh should only be in the squad if some fast bowler gets injured. He is more useful in test atm. 

4 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Umesh ahead of Bumrah in in shorter formats is nonsense.

Umesh Yadav at best is 4th choice seamer in our limited overs set up behind Shami Bumrah and Bhuvi.Probably also Pandya as he is an all-rounder.

Also kinda unfair on Yuvi to drop him when he has been performing well.

Yes . You are right. Umesh should be back up. I mixed formats a bit especially since he did good against NZ in ODI.

3 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Why we need to drop Dhoni to accomodate Pant? Both can play and should play. 

People want Pant so badly that they always think since he is keeper, so lets drop Dhoni because he is the keeper currently and blocking Pant. For me, Dhoni is as valuable to the team as Kohli is.

Lets stay bit humble guys. Our Odi team doesn't have steady openers as Rohit is just returning from injury, and Rahul is sort of injured and Dhawan has been inconsistent and so is Yuvraj. In that case, we need to play Dhoni every game in Champions trophy to e sure there is some experience. 

Pant can replace Yuvi but not Dhoni. Dhoni is a proven long time performer. 

An out-of-form Dhoni has the capability to lose CT singlehandedly. Rather lose it with new guys with good future potential. Form is crucial, and that’s what this thread is keeping an eye on. If Dhoni is in decent form, he should get in, no questions asked.

13 minutes ago, Magneto said:

Anyone can keep. There are like four keepers in this team. :phehe:

Pant and Dhoni solid

Rahul and kedar liquid 

Karthik is in gaseous.

Edited by Pollack

1 minute ago, Magneto said:

An out-of-form Dhoni has the capability to lose CT singlehandedly. Rather lose it with new guys with good future potential. Form is crucial, and that’s what this thread is keeping an eye on. If Dhoni is in decent form, he should get in, no questions asked.

Lol, he is not blocking future players if he and Pant are playing together. You should read full post and see what i am suggesting.

Regardless of his IPL form ,both Dhoni and Yuvi will play the CT I think.

As Cricketics said there are already too many injury issues in the top order so can't see Kohli disturbing the middle order that worked against England.Regardless of their form in IPL.

7 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

What Karthick meant was , he would want to get into the team as pure Batsmen as WK/bat is not possible as Dhoni is already there.

Not that he wants to play as pure bat.He still keeps wicket in domestic cricket in all forms including Ranji and IPL.

Agree his keeping is awful for consideration for tests.Dont think it's much of an issue in ODI s or T20s.Though if they want to build on Pant,then it may be irrelevant.

You’re probably right (in terms of what he meant) but being selected as a batsman (in case he makes the cut) will be good for him only. His batting form can get seriously ruined if he misses a couple of stumpings or an easy catch. That will linger on his mind and his batting will go downhill too.