How much Dhoni mek?

Magneto

5 minutes ago, Magneto said:

You are getting there. Slowly. Gradually. At snail’s pace, but surely. Maybe go easy on the lols and you’ll get faster.

I repeat - the idea is to get the best possible candidate for Team India. And so, if, Dhoni’s form is rotten - we should look at a younger guy who is in great form. That also means, that if, Dhoni’s form is good - we should not bother.  Getting easy, or still confused? (I also said in the ‘very first’ post that I ‘hope' Dhoni would do well and come up trumps. Read again?)

Lol you are on it and defending yourself like crazy. You are contradicting yourself now. That is fine.

It is fine to have different opinions but one thing to not accept what you earlier said.

You clearly know Dhoni did well recently against England when he came up with Yuvi and scored runs, then you still have concerns about his keeping? 

7 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Lol you are on it and defending yourself like crazy. You are contradicting yourself now. That is fine.

It is fine to have different opinions but one thing to not accept what you earlier said.

You clearly know Dhoni did well recently against England when he came up with Yuvi and scored runs, then you still have concerns about his keeping? 

I will not ask you why am I contradicting myself, when I am repeating the same point over 10 posts now. Unless my words magically change when you start reading my posts. But I’ll let it go. It’s possible you misunderstood my posts and it touched a raw nerve and the Dhoni fanboy within you got livid and decided to deliberately misunderstand. 

Dhoni may have had a good series but he still looks scratchy to me. On his last legs. Flattering to deceive. But I’ll be glad if he suddenly looks sharp and does well. Have to see.

Edited by Magneto

4 minutes ago, Magneto said:

I will not ask you why am I contradicting myself, when I am repeating the same point over 10 posts now. Unless my words magically change when you start reading my posts. But I’ll let it go. It’s possible you misunderstood my posts and it touched a raw nerve and the Dhoni fanboy within you got livid and decided to deliberately misunderstand. 

Dhoni may have had a good series but he still looks scratchy to me. On his last legs. Flattering to deceive. But I’ll be glad if he suddenly looks sharp and does well. Have to see.

Lol first up, I am not Dhoni fan boy like many here as I like all players equally as long as they are performing. I know what you mean by "fanboy" as there are many such who get sensitive on little things and would even defend every little thing what Dhoni does wrong, I doubt I will ever defend that of kohli or Dhoni or anyone.

I am afan like I am a fan of other Indians like Tendulkar or Kohli or Dravid. And I will point out his good stuff or bad stuff always like he was shyt at times and stingy as captain a lot of times, I do not disagree with that, doubt a fanboy will ever say that about their favorite Tendulkar or Dhoni. 

Dhoni's batting style is primarily dependent on hand-eye coordination.  His technique was never great but he made up with his quick reflexes and strong common sense.

As is the case with such batsmen, as the reflexes slow down with age, they find it difficult to perform with consistency.  A batsman of his high calibre and experience  in limited over matches ,  will still play that occasional top quality innings.... but I  doubt that he will be able to show the consistency of his earlier years ever again, especially as a finisher.

In the future, we will perhaps see one or two good or really good innings on pitches that suit him and quite a few innings where he is unable to bat according to the needs of the team.

Nowadays, he is able to hang on when his team is in trouble and high SR is not required. But, when fast scoring is needed, he is usually unable to oblige unless he has played lots of deliveries and is very well set.

Playing him in LOIs will perhaps be a gamble from now on.... which can work both ways. 

Edited by express bowling

Dhoni missed a good opportunity of scoring a 40-ball 50* and padding up his stats.  Had he scored a tuk-tuk 50*, his average after the match would have been a staggering 67, and Dhoni fans could have said that he is in great touch irrespective of the outcome of the match. Now he averages a little below 10 after 3 matches. :frown:

1 minute ago, Magneto said:

Dhoni missed a good opportunity of scoring a 40-ball 50* and padding up his stats.  Had he scored a tuk-tuk 50*, his average after the match would have been a staggering 67, and Dhoni fans could have said that he is in great touch irrespective of the outcome of the match. Now he averages a little below 10 after 3 matches. :frown:

But he is still the 2nd best batsman on the team :nice: