Is MSD a liability in the IPL?

G_B_

2 minutes ago, Sidhoni said:

Serious delusion in this thread. Go check who is the best Indian batsman after Kohli in T20Is in last 3 years.

Who is it, if you think its Dhoni then you are seriously deluded. Dhoni never was good in T20s. He was/is always a liability in T20s  because of his limited shot arsenal. There is a reason why he has  single fifty in T20s which he scored in in his 75th T20.

14 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Who is it, if you think its Dhoni then you are seriously deluded. Dhoni never was good in T20s. He was/is always a liability in T20s  because of his limited shot arsenal. There is a reason why he has  single fifty in T20s which he scored in in his 75th T20.

Then you tell me who it is?

On 09/04/2017 at 0:32 PM, New guy said:

As he ages, his keeping against pace becomes more and more suspect 

keeping is not his main problem ..

focus is on his batting .. dont want him to screw his legacy like <you know who is he> :hehe:

Edited by velu

There are many contenders but Dhoni is not one of them. Dhoni never was second best batsman in team at any point in his career in T20s. ODIs is different story.

It means u haven't followed indian T20 cricket much in last two years .

He has the 3rd best average and 2nd best strike rate of all Indian players in last 2 years.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, BeautifulGame said:

He has the 3rd best average and 2nd best strike rate of all Indian players in last 2 years.

That average is inflated by 5*, 8*, 10*, 20* type of innings. Only one decent innings in three years I guess. 

24 minutes ago, Magneto said:

That average is inflated by 5*, 8*, 10*, 20* type of innings. Only one decent innings in three years I guess. 

obviosuly we cnat blame hom for his not outs

Edited by velu

1 minute ago, BeautifulGame said:

Who cares about averages in T20s,His average is due to amount of insane not outs he has gathered by coming in last overs after everything has been setup for in silver platter. show me one innings other than his 50 in last T20 where Dhoni did something substantial with bat.

There is a reason why recently India has gone how Kohli has gone in T20s, he is playing setup and finishing guy in this team. Yuvi when he was good was very good but that was ages ago.

What Maxwell has done this innings is called playing perfect finishing role in T20s not what Dhoni does by taking singles and hitting occasional boundary.

55 minutes ago, putrevus said:

There are many contenders but Dhoni is not one of them. Dhoni never was second best batsman in team at any point in his career in T20s. ODIs is different story.

Not true. Just last year alone in Asia Cup and WT20 he was the second best batsman after Kohli.

2 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

He did more than any other batsman not named Virat Kohli. Check out the stats from those tourneys and you will see.

Scoring below 20 runs and  that too with very average strike rate is not playing any important role. He lost many T20s just due to his inability to hit boundaries.

Match against WI in USA is one example and matches against NZ are others.

He has played most number of T20s if I am wrong for India and he is one guy who has the least match winning innings to his name. All the players who played as many games as he has have excelled in at least few games.

Dhoni is still an excellent ODI player because he can run like gazelle and maintain SR around 100. In T20s you need SR over 200 for a batting spot Dhoni bats so to give his SR and compare it to top order batsman is ridiculous. 

He will get exposed this year in IPL now that he cannot hide behind captaincy.