Heart warming to see rohit fight it out after a career threatening injury

maniac

Rohit needs to practice some spin bowlers in the nets if he is already not doing. That could be his current weakness which is where he is having hard to score runs. 

Especially leg spinners. Mumbai should have lot of leg spinners bowl to him in the nets to get him ready.  

The only reason is because he has just come out of injury and his feet is not moving as much as it used to, so spending some more time in the nets to spinners will just help him get back to old ways against spinners. Because he can really hit spinners to long distance when in full form. 

It is common for a player to struggle against spin when he his just back from injury due to rustiness and lack of feet movement after long hiatus. 

37 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

The only reason is because he has just come out of injury and his feet is not moving as much as it used to, so spending some more time in the nets to spinners will just help him get back to old ways against spinners. Because he can really hit spinners to long distance when in full form. 

It is common for a player to struggle against spin when he his just back from injury due to rustiness and lack of feet movement after long hiatus. 

It's not just about footwork. Rohit is struggling to read the spinners. Today he had no clue about Rashid' googly and same when he played against Tahir and Kuldeep. I doubt footwork can do anything when you have no idea what the bowler is bowling.

1 hour ago, Ultimate_Game said:

It's not just about footwork. Rohit is struggling to read the spinners. Today he had no clue about Rashid' googly and same when he played against Tahir and Kuldeep. I doubt footwork can do anything when you have no idea what the bowler is bowling.

Feet not moving is part of foot work and run regime. The moment he start being among runs against even pacers, is when he will even look better to spinners and will start reading well.

As I said, it is mental thing right now with him and hence needs more time in the net to spinners so he can get his feet moving.

Once he gets that going, his confidence will come back to score runs and you will see him hitting sixes to these same spinners whom you think he is not able to read. 

1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

Feet not moving is part of foot work and run regime. The moment he start being among runs against even pacers, is when he will even look better to spinners and will start reading well.

As I said, it is mental thing right now with him and hence needs more time in the net to spinners so he can get his feet moving.

Once he gets that going, his confidence will come back to score runs and you will see him hitting sixes to these same spinners whom you think he is not abpe to read. 

all he needs is a match in Eden gardens

IF thats the case, even though i dnt wanna jump on conclusion so early  but if it is then that weakness can be exploited by quick bowlers. Specially with the incoming deliveries which have disturbed his furniture in the past as well

2 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

OP was mocking Dhoni yesterday but gone hiding for Rohit who is in equally poor form.

#SelectiveCriticism

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Well one is fighting it out after a career threatening injury and the other one is purposely underperforming to piss off an honest owner who truly cares about his team :p:

4 hours ago, Viper said:

Is this still an excuse..... 

Time to find a new one or will you pop up once he reaches double figures :giggle: 

Where is maniac uncle ? Nation wants to knowwww

He should ONLY OPEN INNINGS, his more opportunity till one more mos or so because he is captain.

BUttler /Parthiv doing good job but still RS need to make runs before Champion trophy

We not take injured player in Indian team to UK

1 hour ago, GoodEnough said:

Who?

Voluntary Retirement Scheme :giggle: 

On a serious note, Rohit should open. That's what his role in Team India is, that's his most successful position and that's where he should bat. Push Buttler down the order coz Buttler has shown he can do a lot of damage coming down the order. Mumbai is playing two players out of position and it shows.

Voluntary Retirement Scheme :giggle: 

On a serious note, Rohit should open. That's what his role in Team India is, that's his most successful position and that's where he should bat. Push Buttler down the order coz Buttler has shown he can do a lot of damage coming down the order. Mumbai is playing two players out of position and it shows.

We can see, if RS going further down or open Mumbai's innings, he not cope

As opener once he established very well as number 5 test batsman

He should open to gains confidences back in T20 or any other domestic 50/50

<MANIAC MODE ON> Rohit has achieved it all in LOIs - most sixes in an innings, two double centuries, handy offspinner, best fielder and what not. So he should just retire from the game to make way for the next generation who are already in awe of this once in many generations Cricketer. He is just in the field now to pass on his knowledge and motivate the next generation. So don't expect him to score runs now, he is just a mentor in the Playing XI. <MANIAC MODE OFF>

Just retire Rohit jee.