Yuvraj

MSD (Wk)

Kedar

Hardik

Jadeja

Ashwin/Shami (Based on condition)

BK

Bumrah

Reserves:- Gambhir,Pant,Ashwin/Shami,Umesh.

Guys unfortunate to miss out but can be drafted in if any injury occurs :- Manish,Kuldeep/Chahal.

No place for Rahane,Raina,Mishra.

Edited by ShebbySB

Why the consensus about Rohit before Dhawan as opener?  If anything Rohit needs to prove fitness and form -Dhawan already has - and is a much needed lefty bat in that top order.  Proven Clutch ODI performer - his test mediocrity and T20 shytehouse performances make people forget about his ODI quality.  

There will be a couple of names who miss out - the likes of Pandey, Karthik who are going to feel aggrieved.   Thank god for Indian batting reserves.  Our batting rejects would be country level ATGs for a majority of test countries in ODIs.  

Looking at the hitting form of Jadhav & Pandya,I am getting excited for the tournament :yess:

Virat will do his thing

Question mark over MS and Yuvi,hopefully both are up for it & have a good tournament.

Rohit as a opener is a lottery don't know which match he is gonna click especially in tournaments ,but he is a certainty.Second opener is a quandary ,I am unsure.

Bhuvi,Shami,Umesh,Jaddu,Kuldeep,Ashwin,Bhumrah will make up bowling resources.

That leaves 1 more spot ,confused which 2 openers to get in to partner Rohit,Rahul & who :hmmm:

Final verdict : Looks good.

If Yuvi and MSD are there in the XI I will skip CT and directly join in Lanka test series. Our selectors are so spineless and have high tolerance for mediocrity. Contrast this to how ruthlessly Aussie selectors dropped half their squad after the home series loss against RSA.  

Dhawan is a gun ODI batsman. India will leave him out at their own peril. The guy has won matches by himself in Champions Trophy in England, World Cup in Australia and other crucial matches and averages 40+ at a SR of 90. He should be the first to be picked after Kohli and Dhoni.

Edited by kubrickian
10 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

Dhawan is a gun ODI batsman. India will leave him out at their own peril. The guy has won matches by himself in Champions Trophy in England, World Cup in Australia and other crucial matches and averages 40+ at a SR of 90. He should be the first to be picked after Kohli and Dhoni.

Somehow he comes across as mediocre.Gets stuck against spin bowling and generally slow to start which is another negative considering Rohit is in the same boat.He has good numbers but they are not everything, players like him should have gone to the next level by now but we are still here talking about what he did in 2013 etc.I think we should move on.

Rahul

Rohit

Dhawan
Kohli(c)

M.Pandey
Dhoni
Jadhav
Hardik
Jadeja

Ashwin

Shami
Bhuvi
Bumrah

Kuldeep
Umesh

Umesh deserves a spot after bowling really well in test season and he is a wicket taker. Could be picked if conditions are helpful for seamers.

Also selectors are more likely to pick Yuvraj, Rahane or Raina over Manish Pandey but they should move on as they have given enough chances to the former trio over the last few years without results.

12 minutes ago, BCCI said:

Somehow he comes across as mediocre.Gets stuck against spin bowling and generally slow to start which is another negative considering Rohit is in the same boat.He has good numbers but they are not everything, players like him should have gone to the next level by now but we are still here talking about what he did in 2013 etc.I think we should move on.

You cant leave out a match winner and someone who has done well in overseas conditions. He has done well in Deodhar Trophy and if he does well in IPL, he should be back in the squad.

16 minutes ago, BCCI said:

World Cup was in 2015 by the way. Dhawan was the highest scoring Indian batsman in that tournament and averaged 51. 

13 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

World Cup was in 2015 by the way. Dhawan was the highest scoring Indian batsman in that tournament and averaged 51. 

Cannot dispute his numbers as I said earlier but the problem with our LOI side two openers starting the innings at same pace.Both of them have same modus operandi.I am tempted to stick with Rohit due to his prowess of hitting sixes and playing big innings when set.

Edited by BCCI
4 minutes ago, BCCI said:

Cannot dispute his numbers as I said earlier but the problem with our LOI side two openers starting the innings at same pace.Both of them have same modus operandi.I am tempted to stick with Rohit due to his prowess of hitting sixes and playing big innings when set.

With two new balls especially in England, you need to be circumspect at the start. Dhawan can always make up for it once he is set like he has done in the past as his overall SR is 90 which is well above average in ODIs. There are other batsmen down the order who can accelerate as well. Run rate in first 10 overs is not an issue. 

Edited by kubrickian