India squad of 15 for Champions Trophy '17-Probables

37 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

With two new balls especially in England, you need to be circumspect at the start. Dhawan can always make up for it once he is set like he has done in the past as his overall SR is 90 which is well above average in ODIs. There are other batsmen down the order who can accelerate as well. Run rate in first 10 overs is not an issue. 

Runrate in 1st 10 overs is an issue for India - I think we are not even in the top 5 in that statistic - thanks mainly to Rohit Sharma's Ganguly-esque failure to rotate strike while he's getting "set".  To Sharma's credit, if he lasts past 60-odd, he does step it up, and ends up with a positive i.e. >100 strike rate.  But Dhawan bats far more positively and selflessly - he starts attacking after crossing 30-odd, and often carries the run-rate burden while Mr. 200 is tuk-tuking away to glory.   

On top of all this, Dhawan has been playing and performing for a few months now - Sharma has yet to have even a single meaningful innings after his return from surgery.  He has to do a lot more before he just walks back into the national ODI team.  

Too early...let IPL enter into last stage and then we can take better call.

However, we got to pick players based on IPL performance and fitness.

Dhawan

Rohit

Kohli

Yuvraj

Pant (wk)

Kedar

Pandya

Jadeja

Ashwin

Umesh

Bhuvi

I am one of the biggest MSD fans but its time now to give Pant a full run.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, kubrickian said:

With two new balls especially in England, you need to be circumspect at the start. Dhawan can always make up for it once he is set like he has done in the past as his overall SR is 90 which is well above average in ODIs. There are other batsmen down the order who can accelerate as well. Run rate in first 10 overs is not an issue. 

I keep reading this ,this is just hogwash.I hope you saw ODI series between Eng-NZ,ENG-PAK,ENG-SL recently,400s and 300s were norm.Opening is a big issue,especially their tempo.Eng have Roy,Aus have Warner,SA have Dekock.And we have none.

2 hours ago, BCCI said:

I keep reading this ,this is just hogwash.I hope you saw ODI series between Eng-NZ,ENG-PAK,ENG-SL recently,400s and 300s were norm.Opening is a big issue,especially their tempo.Eng have Roy,Aus have Warner,SA have Dekock.And we have none.

True.  England have bought in into the modern ODI batting theory.  Their ODI pitches now are absolute roads.  

21 hours ago, ShebbySB said:

This is mine:-

First XI:-

Rahul

Rohit

Kohli (c)

Yuvraj

MSD (Wk)

Kedar

Hardik

Jadeja

Ashwin/BK (Based on condition)

Shami

Bumrah

Reserves:- Dhawan,Pant,Ashwin/BK,Umesh.

Guys unfortunate to miss out but can be drafted in if any injury occurs :- Manish,Kuldeep/Chahal.

No place for Raina,Mishra.

Bhuvi is a far better bowler than Bumrah in lois including the death overs.

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

If Yuvi and MSD are there in the XI I will skip CT and directly join in Lanka test series. Our selectors are so spineless and have high tolerance for mediocrity. Contrast this to how ruthlessly Aussie selectors dropped half their squad after the home series loss against RSA.  

What wrong has Yuvi done since comeback

1 hour ago, SecondSlip said:

Most likely squad: 

1. Rohit Sharma 
2. Shikhar Dhawan 
3. Virat Kohli (C
4. Yuvraj Singh 
5. MS Dhoni (WK
6. Kedar Jadhav 
7. Hardik Pandya 
8. Ravi Jadeja 
9. Ravi Ashwin 
10. Bhuveneshwar Kumar 
11. Mohammad Shami 

12. Jasprit Bumrah 
13. Umesh Yadav 
14. Amit Mishra 
15. Lokesh Rahul 

Mishra? What for? Surely Chahal and Kuldeep have both leapfrogged over him by now.