Former Naval Officer Kulbhushan Jadhav Sentenced To Hang In Pakistan

Gollum

54 minutes ago, Gollum said:

PakMil trying to create a bargaining chip.  

A country where Lakhvi, Masood Azhar, Sayeed - all walk free because of "lack of evidence".  And this guy?  All they have proof of that he was "spying" i.e. collecting information - thanks to his incompetence.   And his so-called confession is filled with jargon out of a bad spy novel - he confessed to coming to Balochistan to meet people and "achieve set targets" and "deteriorate the law and order situation".  Yeah.  that's believable stuff right there.  Totally his words.  Not something that out of an ISPR press release.    

Sad thing is, most Pakistanis will instantly support this action - instead of recognizing the facts and details.  Its so easy for their government to play the "us vs them" card against Evil India.   It will be decades, before the Pakistani people start realizing that the actions of their government and military are actually wrong, and not in their best interests.  

1 hour ago, Texan said:

When did he even undergo a trial? Was he ever given consular access even? Typical kangaroo court justice from Pakistan. And dumb Pakistanis will see this as a great move to infuriate India. 

You have to understand that the PakMil has been dumping propaganda on their public for their entire existence.  Think about how a majority of North Koreans actually support and revere that fat dictator.  That's all the reality they have ever known.  When you are facing an existential threat as a society - real or imagined - it is very easy to just get sucked in by a tribal, nationalistic patriotism.   And in the case of Pakistan, its also coupled with a strong religious hook as well.   Can't blame them for being fooled really.  

The sad part is when even the educated ones, who are exposed to information when they escape the PakMil information bubble, they still prefer to stick to the "company line", while knowing in their hearts, what the truths are.  

20 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Hang the latest ISI spy we allgedly got.

We don't have military courts. SC is spineless, bordering on insane. See their latest judgements w.r.t AFSPA, cricket etc,  we have no hope. They can only damage India. 

1 hour ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Pakistan understands this language.Nothing else.

So, for you, making Pakistan "understand" is more important than rule of law etc.  

Brilliant.

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

We don't have military courts. SC is spineless, bordering on insane. See their latest judgements w.r.t AFSPA, cricket etc,  we have no hope. They can only damage India. 

And this mahashay would rather prefer a Drumfian "strong" leader instead of the current setup.  That's not to say the Indian supreme court is perfect and blameless.  But I guess emotional responses falling into the trap of tribal patriotism are not limited to one side of the partition line.  

Just now, sandeep said:

And this mahashay would rather prefer a Drumfian "strong" leader instead of the current setup.  That's not to say the Indian supreme court is perfect and blameless.  But I guess emotional responses falling into the trap of tribal patriotism are not limited to one side of the partition line.  

As far as I am concerned Indian judicial system is sold out, hopeless and beyond repair. If you feel different, fine by me. 

And what are you talking about? Tribal patriotism? WTF is that? We have a fellow Indian brother about to be murdered illegally in Pakistan, you want us to keep quiet? Saurabh Kalia, Sarabjit Singh...remember? Why is this always supposed to be one sided? Entire medieval period we were apologists and forgiving, what happened? In 1971 we released 91000 PoWs, did we get something out of it? We were soft in Shimla agreement, did Pak mend it's ways?

In a matter between 2 countries reciprocity is of prime importance.

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

As far as I am concerned Indian judicial system is sold out, hopeless and beyond repair. If you feel different, fine by me. 

And what are you talking about? Tribal patriotism? WTF is that? We have a fellow Indian brother about to be murdered illegally in Pakistan, you want us to keep quiet? Saurabh Kalia, Sarabjit Singh...remember? Why is this always supposed to be one sided? Entire medieval period we were apologists and forgiving, what happened? In 1971 we released 91000 PoWs, did we get something out of it? We were soft in Shimla agreement, did Pak mend it's ways?

Nobody's asking to "keep quiet".  I would expect that the Indian government will do all it can to get this guy back.   But calling for retaliatory executions is just 2 wrongs trying to make a right.  

Big challenge for the Indian govt infact...will be a big win if they can use diplomacy to get Jadhav back...don't see that happening though...unfortunately for Jadhav and his family-You don't get trapped in hell,there is no coming back from it...and Pakistan is the closest to it.

21 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Nobody's asking to "keep quiet".  I would expect that the Indian government will do all it can to get this guy back.   But calling for retaliatory executions is just 2 wrongs trying to make a right.  

Even I want him back. Hope we swap him for some Pak prisoner. Feel for his family and friends.

But if Pak hangs him anyway I want us to retaliate hard, had enough of their nonsense. 

Edited by Gollum

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Even I want him back. Hope we swap him for some Pak prisoner. Feel for his family and friends.

But if Pak hangs him anyway I want us to retaliate hard, had enough of their nonsense. 

Agree 100%.  Retaliation without any softness is important.  But not without due process.  I don't mind if Indian govt hangs x number of Pak agents.  But only those who have been proven of crimes that are worthy of capital punishment.  And with due process and consular access.   And if we don't have anybody that fits the bill, catch them.  Hang 10 for one Indian - but do it right.  The difference matters.

Our army buries the enemy dead with proper rites and respect.  Their army disowns their own men when the going gets tough.  Fight the bad guys.  Show no mercy.  But no need to cross lines that make us proud.  Just for the sake of retaliation.  

38 minutes ago, maniac said:

Big challenge for the Indian govt infact...will be a big win if they can use diplomacy to get Jadhav back...don't see that happening though...unfortunately for Jadhav and his family-You don't get trapped in hell,there is no coming back from it...and Pakistan is the closest to it.

That's right. But as a spy, you go into Pakistan knowingly putting your life at risk as part of your duty and your patriotism. If Yadav is a spy, then salutes to him.

We should try everything (spy-swap etc) to bring him back. And then think about retaliation later on if efforts fail.

Edited by randomGuy

17 minutes ago, Sajid_Rana said:

You do the crime you do the time. Hang the convicted criminal in public. 

Completely agree with you :hello:

Just hope you don't moan when we hang the Pakistani jihaadis rotting in our jails. But you won't keep quiet then, will you?