Rising Pune Supergiant is imploding !!!

velu

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

He has a "job" even now by that account.....if Dhoni is on the coaching staff or something sure if not with csk he can get that job anywhere....all I am saying is he is not going to be used as "the brand "by someone like mama who looks out for himself like every other corporate in the world.

unless he has some emotional connection like number said

goal keeping ciach ? :p:

10 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Dhoni has emotional connection with Chennai.It happens when u play for a city for 8 years.

That's why he even owns the Chennai football team in ISL.

Obviously hard for idiots to understand but that's understandable.

You are deluded if you think Dhoni has connection with anything but money. Even the ISL was to exploit his chennai fans just like SRK does with Kolkata

1 minute ago, helperononline said:

You can blame dhoni`s batting to some extent but cannot blame dhoni`s captaincy for poor performance you give him bowler like dinda,R P singh,Ishant sharma ,irfan pathan not to forget two star player leaving the team midway ie peterson ,smith the team is bound to lose some  matches and it was new formed team they should have provided dhoni some more time to settle but they sacked him straight away too harsh. 

Let me see how good the current team performs under young and respected captain Smith this year.

Professional sport is harsh. One has to deal with it. Smith currently is a far better bet than Dhoni to get them any success. Dhoni doesn’t captain any team in any format (obviously because he is over the hill), so there is no reason why corporate owners will swear by him. Even Faf would have been a better option than Dhoni.

3 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Yes his brand will continue to be used by Mama.Becoz his brand is bigger in chennai than anywhere else I(probably except Ranchi).Thatshe is already the brand ambassador for TNPL.

So Srini will only continue to Benifit by associate with him.

As of now maybe.... in t20 cricket who is a bigger brand than Chris Gayle?.. look at him today... by next year he will be out of even PSL probably.

You can't take that for granted.

Also Dhoni having emotional connection with chennai is a load of crap... he bought a team there because obviously a.chennai is a much bigger market than Ranchi and b. He thought like a corporate to use his brand which is exactly the point I am trying to make.

1 minute ago, BeautifulGame said:

Dhoni has emotional connection with Chennai.It happens when u play for a city for 8 years.

That's why he even owns the Chennai football team in ISL.

Obviously hard for idiots to understand but that's understandable.

don't see Kohli's attachment with Bangalore or RCB or Mallyas for that matter. Or Harbhajan with Mumbai.

As of now maybe.... in t20 cricket who is a bigger brand than Chris Gayle?.. look at him today... by next year he will be out of even PSL probably.

You can't take that for granted.

Also Dhoni having emotional connection with chennai is a load of crap... he bought a team there because obviously a.chennai is a much bigger market than Ranchi and b. He thought like a corporate to use his brand which is exactly the point I am trying to make.

You are clueless if you think Gayle and Dhoni brand are remotely comparable :cantstop:

2 minutes ago, Magneto said:

Professional sport is harsh. One has to deal with it. Smith currently is a far better bet than Dhoni to get them any success. Dhoni doesn’t captain any team in any format (obviously because he is over the hill), so there is no reason why corporate owners will swear by him. Even Faf would have been a better option than Dhoni.

smith is a dumbsass captain much like maxi

don't see Kohli's attachment with Bangalore or RCB or Mallyas for that matter. Or Harbhajan with Mumbai.

Not everyone is the same.

Shearer left chances to win trophies to play for Newcastle .

Buffon stayed with Juventus despite relegation.

Zlatan runs after everyteam to pays him most.

Not everyone is the same.

1 minute ago, BeautifulGame said:

You are clueless if you think Gayle and Dhoni brand are remotely comparable :cantstop:

Did you miss the point for real or tried to overlook it for argument purposes?

Where did I compare Gayle and Dhoni :facepalm:

All I am saying is Brand matters....if slowly Dhoni's aura is a player is going down....corporates will not use him...may be for nostalgic purpose may be one more year at CSK,if he doesn't pull up his socks he will be done soon too.

Did you miss the point for real or tried to overlook it for argument purposes?

Where did I compare Gayle and Dhoni :facepalm:

All I am saying is Brand matters....if slowly Dhoni's aura is a player is going down....corporates will not use him...may be for nostalgic purpose may be one more year at CSK,if he doesn't pull up his socks he will be done soon too.

So is every player.What exactly are u even trying to make here ?

Or you seriously take fun posts about Dhoni screwing Pune seriously :hysterical:

Edit :

Does this mean all your Rohit posts were serious :fear1:

Just now, BeautifulGame said:

So is every player.What exactly are u even trying to make here ?

Or you seriously take fun posts about Dhoni screwing Pune seriously :hysterical:

Dhoni is clearly having a negative vibe there...obviously it is the view of a lot of people....it is not tangible and we might be wrong but if a majority feel that way there must be something to it.....Now this negativity plus his own performances will not hold him in good stead no matter who is backing him at the moment especially if the person backing him is known to be a ruthless businessman.

The point is that simple

3 minutes ago, velu said:

the stat is for the last IPL ? :p:

You guys made me look up the stats actually.

Smith - 270 runs in 8 games @ 153 SR

Dhoni - 284 runs in 14 games @ 135 SR

Faf - 206 in 6 games @ 127 SR

So basically 4th best behind Rahane, Smith and Faf. Who are the other batsmen? Saurabh Tiwary and Rajat Bhatia. KP left after playing 4 games.