Kohli likely to return for Mumbai Indians clash

HippoSucks

Having lost two of their three games thus far in IPL 2017, Royal Challengers Bangalore received a massive boost ahead of their next fixture, against Mumbai Indians on April 14, with regular skipper Virat Kohli likely to make his comeback after a brief injury lay-off.

Kohli, who was sidelined for at least the first week of IPL due to a shoulder injury, is all set to return to the field when RCB host the Rohit Sharma-led side at the Chinnaswamy Stadium in the day game of Friday's double header.

"Can't wait to get back onto the field now. Almost there. 14th April," Kohli posted on his Instagram account.

Virat Kohli was sidelined due to a shoulder injury sustained during the third Test of the India-Australia series. The Indian captain had earlier stated that he would only take the field when he is "120 percent fit".

"The priority is Indian cricket with the Champions Trophy coming up and I don't want to take any risks. I have not set any date and I will only return when I am 120 percent fit. Having said that I would like to return on field as soon as possible," Kohli said on air during RCB's opening clash against Sunrisers.

"I would say I have not got a bit used to it as I have already missed a Test match. But it is frustrating that you can't play because of injury on just one part of your body," he added.

There is a noticeable lack of vigor in the RCB batting line-up. It was made more evident with the Shane Watson-led side struggling to post competitive totals on the board. In the two games that they've batted first, RCB couldn't get past 160.

With Kohli soon returning to the fold, RCB can buy themselves some breathing space. If and when he takes the field, one of Stuart Binny or Mandeep Singh is likely to warm the bench.

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/93930/royal-challengers-bangalore-rb-captain-virat-kohli-likely-to-return-for-mumbai-indians-clash-on-friday-april-14