Umpires caught napping or cheating by SRH?

flat_wicket_bully

Bumrah to Warner, FOUR, beautiful timing. Hint of width from Bumrah, Warner waits and then opens the bat face late to glide this between point and third man

Bumra has never dismissed Warner in the IPL. Can that change tonight?

End of over 6 (8 runs) Sunrisers Hyderabad 34/0 (RR: 5.66)

• DA Warner26 (21b 5x4)
    • S Dhawan7 (15b)
    • JJ Bumrah2-0-12-0
    • SL Malinga2-0-11-0

Here's Mitch McClenaghan against a struggling Dhawan. Oh, wait, it's Warner who is facing the delivery. The umpires have been caught napping here.

McClenaghan to Warner, 1 run, looks to go over long-on but toe-ends it, on the bounce to the boundary rider

Your thoughts?

Edited by flat_wicket_bully

1 hour ago, Ultimate_Game said:

I put the blame on Mumbai as well. If I had been on the field I would've pointed it to the umpires and made sure the batsmen switched ends. IMO Mumbai players were caught napping as well along with umpires.

Everyone seems to be napping on the field. Hope atleast the spectators are awake!

This is where Match Referee, who is being paid to watch the game inside a room with AC, needs to make the move. I mean what do you have him for? You can't even have him intervene when their is a howler given by an on field umpire, then at least have him do the sanity to the game by letting him alert the umpire during such scenarios.

ICC doesn't know how to utilize the "Third Umpire" amd Match Referee option.

3 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

This is where Match Referee, who is being paid to watch the game inside a room with AC, needs to make the move. I mean what do you have him for? You can't even have him intervene when their is a howler given by an on field umpire, then at least have him do the sanity to the game by letting him alert the umpire during such scenarios.

ICC doesn't know how to utilize the "Third Umpire" amd Match Referee option.

Match referee is fine but surely you would've expected Mumbai players to notice it and call it out coz it was in their best interest to keep Warner off strike as much as possible. If the Mumbai players, who were on the field, weren't too bothered I wouldn't blame the referee. It's almost like blaming an umpire for not giving a batsman out when the bowling side didn't even appeal for the dismissal.

15 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Match referee is fine but surely you would've expected Mumbai players to notice it and call it out coz it was in their best interest to keep Warner off strike as much as possible. If the Mumbai players, who were on the field, weren't too bothered I wouldn't blame the referee. It's almost like blaming an umpire for not giving a batsman out when the bowling side didn't even appeal for the dismissal.

How is warner off strike when he is the one who played both those balls?

5 hours ago, New guy said:

How is warner off strike when he is the one who played both those balls?

I'm saying that Mumbai players should've noticed Warner was on strike the first ball next over and made sure to raise it to the umpire coz it was in their best interest to keep him off strike. They failed to do so.