Reviving the art of chocking : King Kohli

BeautifulGame

Has the opposition at 7 for 4 and still manages to choke and lose the game with an over to spare:hysterical:

First game back as Kaptaan and already managed to revive their art of chocking :hail:

What a return :hysterical:

08b41be733aab2be8c4f606e79afc486.jpg

RCB fans reactions be like :cantstop:

1e66bff0344c30e836b8cfbea10aad0d.jpg

Edited by BeautifulGame

RCB started off well virat was attacking MI batsman well with bradree  until his quota of over got finished and after that i think the game drifted i donno why arvind , mill were bowling those overs in btw I felt they should have attacked  pollard  early with spinners from both end.

I have to say it's worrying to see Kohli captain in shorter formats. In Asia Cup (2014 IMO) he let Pakistan get away with the win with his decision of a spinner bowling the last over against a hack like Afridi. In today's match the game was won. Mumbai were 10/4 after 4 overs and he let them get away! IMO his bowling changes were poor. He brought in Negi too late and didn't use Chahal too well.

Watching Kohli I worry we wouldn't be able to win an ICC trophy under him. He doesn't know how to finish off an opponent when he has his foot on opponent's neck and his captaincy in shorter formats leave a lot to be desired.

9 minutes ago, New guy said:

Nothing happened, dew just.settled in and seamers were completely useless

Not true. In fact Aravind bowled way above himself and was the second best bowler for B'lore. Kohli totally missed using Negi properly. Negi bowling against somebody like Pollard first up was something you would want to do but somehow he didn't. When Negi was brought on, Pollard was set and too late.

3 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

RCB are on paper the best team in the IPL.

Its like driving a ferrari like a maruti 800 with kohli at the helm

Beginning to agree with that sentiment. It was a slowish pitch today. badree, a spinner, had taken a hattrick and showed how difficult it was to get a spinner away. Pollard had just come on to the pitch who is a pretty poor player against spin especially at the start. Kohli had two other decent spinners at his diposal along with Badree in Chahal and Negi.

Anyone and his dog would have brought on Negi and/or Chahal early and bowled most of their overs to get Pollard and put more pressure on Mumbai. What does Kohli do? He bowled his pacers allowing Pollard to get set and by the time he brought on Negi it was too late. Anyone who sees the bowling figures would think it was the bowlers' fault but if you watched the match you knew the captain messed it up. Absolutely zero situational awareness.

We saw the same brainfades against England in the recent odi series when he nearly allowed England to chase 370 with his weird decision making and today he allowed a team to chase 140 odd comfortably (won with more than an over to spare) when the team was 10/4 after 4 overs!!!

3 minutes ago, Sidhoni said:

I don't think he was talking about just this season. 

Oh ok,disagree even there,Time n again its proved best team in t20s is one which has best bowling lineup.You can stack as many batsmen as you want.If RCB had Badree n Starc playing in a season along with batting legends,then I can say its the best team of the tournament.

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Great test captain but has to improve in the shorter formats.

In shorter formats he is just as good as Dhoni but not as lucky. But that isn't an endorsement because Dhoni was pretty mediocre at the helm in ODIs/T20s. 

Not true. Dhoni was a beast as a captain in shorter formats. Give him a sniff and he would finish you off. He wouldn't lose matches when he had an opponent at 10/4 on a turning track and 3 spinners at his disposal. You can take lot of shots against Dhoni but his shorter format captaincy will not be on the list.