Reviving the art of chocking : King Kohli

BeautifulGame

4 minutes ago, BCCI said:

Oh ok,disagree even there,Time n again its proved best team in t20s is one which has best bowling lineup.You can stack as many batsmen as you want.If RCB had Badree n Starc playing in a season along with batting legends,then I can say its the best team of the tournament.

They did have Starc playing two full seasons in '14 and '15. 

Not true. Dhoni was a beast as a captain in shorter formats. Give him a sniff and he would finish you off. He wouldn't lose matches when he had an opponent at 10/4 on a turning track and 3 spinners at his disposal. You can take lot of shots against Dhoni but his shorter format captaincy will not be on the list.

You have to remember dhoni was not a bowler and it was not Turning track.Mumbai Indians threw there first 4 wickets and one was a tailender.No Team in world can chase 140 on Turning track.Captaincy is overrated.

6 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Sad to see all the hate Kohli is getting here. He has lost a frigging IPL match, get over it. If he loses us international matches repeatedly like Dhoni then we can lash out at him. 

Its not only this match. Kohli could never make RCB win a single title even with so many superstars in the team. MSD made the CSK team almost invincible. So there is a huge difference in captaincy caliber of both these players.

As an Indian fan we are worried if this will rub onto our national team as well. I think the criticism is quite fair TBH.

Somehow I feel Kohli does not take IPL too seriously and focuses more on Test cricket. Its a great thing but then he should let others captain the side.

Edited by Austin 3:!6

Hahaha just loving how the suffocating frustration of dhoni fans is erupting out here, they were waiting for something like this from ages I think lol, guys let me tel you one thing kohli even on his worst day is way batter then what dhoni with is phoney tactics was.

Ages ?

We are making and bumping this threads every season :cantstop:

21 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Sad to see all the hate Kohli is getting here. He has lost a frigging IPL match, get over it. If he loses us international matches repeatedly like Dhoni then we can lash out at him. 

See this is where you are mistaken. Nobody is going after Kohli. Folks are simply calling him out for his poor captaincy and decision making just like folks do with every team. E.g., I have called out Mumbai for sending McClenaghan up the order instead of someone like Krunal, or for Hyderabad to have Henriques at 3 and pushing likes of Hooda down the order.

I, and I'm sure others, want Kohli to learn and improve coz I want to update my signature often :agree::isalute: 

6 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Hahaha just loving how the suffocating frustration of dhoni fans is erupting out here, they were waiting for something like this from ages I think lol, guys let me tel you one think kohli evenon his worst day is way batter then what dhoni with is phoney tactics.

Ok whatever floats your boat.

9 minutes ago, CG said:

You remember Ganguly lost most finals to worlds beat odi side ever that was aus.Captaincy is overrated it does matter but it has to be logic not luck.Yeah Dhoni had some great calls which were given to luck where as it was logic as misbah had hit bhajji easily.But still mostly matches are decided by players.

Logic also dictated that Kohli bowled his spinners - Negi and Chahal - at pollard when Pollard was new to the crease with Mumbai floundering at 10/4. The thing about logic is that not too many captains act logical and Kohli's decision making today wasn't which is what he's being called out for. Hope he learns coz I don't want to see us struggle in CT.

Logic also dictated that Kohli bowled his spinners - Negi and Chahal - at pollard when Pollard was new to the crease with Mumbai floundering at 10/4. The thing about logic is that not too many captains act logical and Kohli's decision making today wasn't which is what he's being called out for. Hope he learns coz I don't want to see us struggle in CT.

Kohli did bowl chahal who never troubled Pollard and Pollard hit him for six with breaking a sweat.Pollard himself said he preferred spin after the knock.

Hardly a choke for t20 game chasing just 140.

Choke is an overused word in Cricket for a while now. Credit should be given to Pollard and Krunal, they deserve utmost respect for the way they batted instead of taking credit away from Pollard we are saying RCB choked. People say the same thing when South Africa loses any game, always seem to use same "choke" word unnecessarily at times. In t20s the format is such that the brilliance of one p'ship can change the game, such a short format. There are hardly any chokes in this format unless someone gives away 22 runs in the last over to lose the game or does not score 4 runs of the last over with wickets in hand.

Well played by Pollard and Krunal.

24 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Hahaha just loving how the suffocating frustration of dhoni fans is erupting out here, they were waiting for something like this from ages I think lol, guys let me tel you one thing kohli even on his worst day is way batter then what dhoni with is phoney tactics was.

looks like you are the one really frustrated here :hehe: