Is Kohli too poor to be captain

G_B_

If captaincy is so overrated how come we lost 9 consecutive finals under Ganguly? And how come 3 of our 5 ICC trophies were won under Dhoni? And if you think today's track was not on the slowish side helping spinners you either didn't watch the game or you don't know cricket. The ball was turning and hitting wasn't that easy when you were new at the crease.

You remember Ganguly lost most finals to worlds beat odi side ever that was aus.Captaincy is overrated it does matter but it has to be logic not luck.Yeah Dhoni had some great calls which were given to luck where as it was logic as misbah had hit bhajji easily.But still mostly matches are decided by players.

Just now, Ultimate_Game said:

See this is where you are mistaken. Nobody is going after Kohli. Folks are simply calling him out for his poor captaincy and decision making just like folks do with every team. E.g., I have called out Mumbai for sending McClenaghan up the order instead of someone like Krunal, or for Hyderabad to have Henriques at 3 and pushing likes of Hooda down the order.

I, and I'm sure others, want Kohli to learn and improve coz I want to update my signature often :agree::isalute: 

Hell yeah. Hope we also get test exploits in your signature, like most weeks at no 1, most consecutive wins, elusive series wins in RSA/Aus etc. :isalute:

1 minute ago, CG said:

You remember Ganguly lost most finals to worlds beat odi side ever that was aus.Captaincy is overrated it does matter but it has to be logic not luck.Yeah Dhoni had some great calls which were given to luck where as it was logic as misbah had hit bhajji easily.But still mostly matches are decided by players.

Ganguly lost finals to teams like Sri Lanka and New Zealand for crying out loud! It wasn't as if he lost all 9 finals to Australia.

33 minutes ago, CG said:

You have to remember dhoni was not a bowler and it was not Turning track.Mumbai Indians threw there first 4 wickets and one was a tailender.No Team in world can chase 140 on Turning track.Captaincy is overrated.

Quoting this for future reference. Its going to be Fun exposing the hypocrisy of many people. :giggle: 

7 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Hell yeah. Hope we also get test exploits in your signature, like most weeks at no 1, most consecutive wins, elusive series wins in RSA/Aus etc. :isalute:

I would love for us to win a series in Aus and SA and I can say "won test series in every country". TBH that's the only thing I care about in Tests after the ICC trophies. I couldn't care less about bilateral series. Just win ICC trophies and Test series in SA and Aus :agree: 

I don't care about the head-to-head. Just win ICC trophies and overseas Test series :pray: 

Edited by Ultimate_Game
1 minute ago, Ultimate_Game said:

I would love for us to win a series in Aus and SA and I can say "won test series in every country". TBH that's the only thing I care about in Tests after the ICC trophies. I couldn't care less about bilateral series. Just win ICC trophies and Test series in SA and Aus :agree: 

Surely you enjoy it when we sweep countries in tests like we did in this grand Indian home season. 4-0, 3-0 etc are much better than the 1-0/0-0 borefests we were used to in the 2000s.