Why is Delhi wasting Pant down the order???

Ultimate_Game

Can someone please explain the logic in sending Pant way down the order? I mean even lower than Karun "walking wkt" Nair??? Pant comes to the crease with barely a few overs to go, looks one of the best DD batsmen but loses his wkt going for quick runs. Can Delhi for once send Pant up the order where Pant was so successful in u-19 WC and where a stroke maker of his caliber should be given a go? Or are Delhi going to go with the same tried and tested "strategy" where they wasted someone like Kedar Jadhav for years down the order and then let him leave? :facepalm: 

1 minute ago, Number said:

Billings

Samson

Iyer

Pant

Nair

This is how top 5 should be.

I feel Pant is not suited for top order. Seems to have weakness against short ball.

Mine would be...

Billings

Pant

Samson

Iyer

No Nair as he's of no use at the moment and it makes sense to look for another player. I say let pant go first up and exploit the PP overs so Samson and Iyer can play their natural game before likes of Morris and Anderson take off at the death.

Mine would be...

Billings

Pant

Samson

Iyer

No Nair as he's of no use at the moment and it makes sense to look for another player. I say let pant go first up and exploit the PP overs so Samson and Iyer can play their natural game before likes of Morris and Anderson take off at the death.

Yes agreed that's the right combo, sending pant below iyer was baffling.

16 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Rishabh is in form batsman. In such form he will bat better in T20 than out of form Karun Nair, Shreyas, Sanju. Yes, Sanju scored a 100 but even Rishabh would have played a long innings. I agree that he is being wasted lower down the order.

Sanju is a favourite of Dravid,he will always get that extra cushion.

Can this match finally prove to Delhi team management and Dravid that Pant batting below Nair is idiotic. Give Pant time to play a long innings and let him open. Dravid's love affair with Nair and company (maybe from Rajasthan Royal days) will doom a pretty solid Delhi team.

Please send Pant up the order from now on Delhi :pray: