Pakistan in West Indies 2017

Asim

1 hour ago, Lala said:

I bet PAK will win 2-0 (1 will be a draw) :money:

Shannon, Miguel, Alzarri - Windian pacers have some potential.  If they get a pitch with a bit of pace and bounce, they might run through Al-Bakistani batting lineup in a session.  And then there's their nemesis - the great Bishoo to wrap them up in the 2nd innings.  All the windies really need is some of their batsmen to stand up and score meaningful runs.  Pakistan is lucky that there won't be Darren Bravo around to boss them due to a BS dispute between him and WICB board president.  If he was in the team, I'd put the Windies as slight favorites!

7 hours ago, sandeep said:

Shannon, Miguel, Alzarri - Windian pacers have some potential.  If they get a pitch with a bit of pace and bounce, they might run through Al-Bakistani batting lineup in a session.  And then there's their nemesis - the great Bishoo to wrap them up in the 2nd innings.  All the windies really need is some of their batsmen to stand up and score meaningful runs.  Pakistan is lucky that there won't be Darren Bravo around to boss them due to a BS dispute between him and WICB board president.  If he was in the team, I'd put the Windies as slight favorites!

Misbah and YK are gonna dance around. 

Azhar will be solid

Sami Aslam dropped from test team?  Classic Pak politics.  The chewtiyapa continues.  I guess even "Inzi the legend" can be counted on to toe the corrupt company line.  How do you expect Pak batting to improve if you don't back the prospects with the best potential.  

On Wednesday, April 05, 2017 at 8:58 PM, sandeep said:

Sami Aslam dropped from test team?  Classic Pak politics.  The chewtiyapa continues.  I guess even "Inzi the legend" can be counted on to toe the corrupt company line.  How do you expect Pak batting to improve if you don't back the prospects with the best potential.  , 

And worst of all, Shan Masood picked. It's understandable to pick Ahmed Shehzad who has performed reasonably in domestic recently, So would be an automatic choice with Sharjeel not available.

Sami Aslam was a solid batsman who performed well in England, Should have been in the starting XI rather not even in squad of 15.

On the other side, Good to see Usman Salahuddin being picked, He is very solid like Azhar Ali and has very good test batting approach, Have a look over him if he gets a chance to bat. :) 

Edited by Autonomous
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 6:31 AM, BCCI said:

Just read about WI's ODI selections,couldnt stop :rofl: @ Carlos Braithwaite at IPL.

He should not go to IPL 'cause his country needs him for World cup chances more than money.Currently WI # 9 in ICC ranking in ODI,World champion now slips to # 6 in t20.

9 hours ago, GoodEnough said:

He should not go to IPL 'cause his country needs him for World cup chances more than money.Currently WI # 9 in ICC ranking in ODI,World champion now slips to # 6 in t20.

Reality is he's not an integral piece of that ODI lineup.  Hasn't learned how to bat more than 20 balls, and his bowling is part-timer level.  Jason Holder can do that already, bowl a bit better, although probably likely to hit a boundary or 2 less than him.  A good ODI squad doesn't need them both.  Braithwaite is a good slugger, but a limited batsman at this point.  From both the money and player development perspective, he's better off playing the IPL right now.  

Arguably Nicholas Pooran should be in the Windies scheme of things, wonder why he hasn't really gotten a callup yet.  Windies should groom him.  

I like watching this young kid Alzarri bowl.  Love the ever-present scowl on his face.  Dude is the proper heir to Steyn - not Rabada - he looks like a smiling clown most of the time, decent bowler he is though.

Pakistan playing with 5 bowlers, and Shoaib Malik and Hafeez.  England complex - bowling options all over.  Seem to put a bit of belief in Imad Wasim and Shadab Khan's batting abilities.

Edited by sandeep
2 hours ago, sandeep said:

Reality is he's not an integral piece of that ODI lineup.  Hasn't learned how to bat more than 20 balls, and his bowling is part-timer level.  Jason Holder can do that already, bowl a bit better, although probably likely to hit a boundary or 2 less than him.  A good ODI squad doesn't need them both.  Braithwaite is a good slugger, but a limited batsman at this point.  From both the money and player development perspective, he's better off playing the IPL right now.  

Arguably Nicholas Pooran should be in the Windies scheme of things, wonder why he hasn't really gotten a callup yet.  Windies should groom him.  

Nicholas Pooran was completely failure when given chance but I forget vs whom he played?

I will finds it for you later on