Basil Thampi

PBN

15 hours ago, rkt.india said:

But these discussions haven't been based on pace alone. Anyway, for me pace is the first criteria for a fast bowler. Other aspects can be developed, taught. 

The reason I am telling you this is, I have seen the thread about speed and performances of bowlers. BK is leading the wicket tally, outstanding performance every single match and is the purple cap holder. Yet no a single post about him from the so called "thekedars" of bowling on ICF. However even if Umesh or Aaron go for runs, every time they clock over 140, a post is made. Pretty obvious to see how much performance matters and how much its just people viewing speed gun readings and posting it even if the bowler is bowling really, really bad. Nothing wrong with that, but then the same people pretend to be discussing about Indian bowling in every thread and posing as experts when the only thing they are experts at are speed gun readings. 

Edited by New guy

49 minutes ago, New guy said:

The reason I am telling you this is, I have seen the thread about speed and performances of bowlers. BK is leading the wicket tally, outstanding performance every single match and is the purple cap holder. Yet no a single post about him from the so called "thekedars" of bowling on ICF. However even if Umesh or Aaron go for runs, every time they clock over 140, a post is made. Pretty obvious to see how much performance matters and how much its just people viewing speed gun readings and posting it even if the bowler is bowling really, really bad. Nothing wrong with that, but then the same people pretend to be discussing about Indian bowling in every thread and posing as experts when the only thing they are experts at are speed gun readings. 

Bhuvi has been clocking very good speeds in this IPL as well as the last one.   Lots of 140 k to 143 k deliveries.

Bhuvi has been clocking 140+ consistently in this IPL also seen bowling @144kph that's massive improvement in his pace, he always had other aspects and now that he has improved his pace you can see what has he become.

2 hours ago, New guy said:

i think you are still scared of the bowlers like Dion Nash , razzaq , Hansie Cronje , azhar mohammed and overrate them  :p:

4 hours ago, New guy said:

I have barely watched IPL this season. Neither I have commented on anyone much apart from my disappointment about Aaron's performance. Because I have tracked that guy since 2008 when he was 18 and for me, it's disappointing to see India's quickest bowler not reaching the level I hoped for. Regarding Bk,  you can the speed thread and there are plenty of posts about him.

Edited by rkt.india

On 16/04/2017 at 7:48 PM, BCCI said:

Very impressive and unlucky at the same time.Bowled better than that one tricky pony AJ Tye.

Thampi too is one trick pony as of now. Just saying. He has potential and is quite raw at the moment.Important thing is he has control at higher speeds.

Edited by Pollack

4 hours ago, Pollack said:

Thampi too is one trick pony as of now. Just saying. He has potential and is quite raw at the moment.Important thing is he has control at higher speeds.

one trick is more than enough in the death if he can bowl those yorkers..

malinga use to bowl only yorkers in the death 

3 minutes ago, velu said:

one trick is more than enough in the death if he can bowl those yorkers..

malinga use to bowl only yorkers in the death 

Batsman are getting more smarter. Yorkers are guided nowadays for a boundary opening the face of the bat.

T20s are fine since only 4 overs are to be bowled. In one days need more tricks up the sleeves.By the way I actually rate him highly. 

Just now, Pollack said:

Batsman are getting more smarter. Yorkers are guided nowadays for a boundary opening the face of the bat.

T20s are fine since only 4 overs are to be bowled. In one days need more tricks up the sleeves.By the way I actually rate him highly. 

He has 2 variations of slower balls as well and can regularly bowl at 140ks...a winner in my book