Basil Thampi

PBN

10 hours ago, maniac said:

He has 2 variations of slower balls as well and can regularly bowl at 140ks...a winner in my book

And Andrew Tye has many variations of knuckle balls itself. My comment of one trick pony was a reply to other poster who said Andrew the was one trick pony unlike Thampi.

The problem with hype brigade is they want only praise to be showered on the flavour of the season. If you say as it is they feel their flavour of the season is undermined. I made it clear two times that I actually like Thampi and rate him.So its not like he is a loser in my book which I don't maintain. :nice:

Edited by Pollack

Article about Thampi in today's TOI newspaper. Thampi said that he has learnt to bowl the back of the hand slower one only recently while training in the Guj Lions camp. He will get better at it as he bowls more of that slower delivery. It is a good sign that he is picking up skills quickly. Thampi also talks about his training stint with McGrath in MRF and how McGrath told him to never compromise on pace.

Dwayne Bravo spoke  about Basil Thampi who has impressed him the most in the Lions camp. He noted that  Thampi is one of the most exciting youngsters in India. He went on to say that Thampi will go on to represent the national side someday soon.

“Basil Thampi is a very, very talented youngster. I would say he will get the opportunity to play for Team India in a year or so. He has the talent, obviously, but he also has a lot of heart, pace and the skill. He’s always willing to learn,”.

22 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

12 innings 10 wickets. Economy rate of 9.48. Flop show from him this IPL. Not taking enough wickets neither choking runs. Fielding is bad too.

Thats to harsh at a youngster.....

Too much expectation, with such lil experience we shud only look at the talent that any youngster have. Consistency comes with experience