Supreme Court blocks Srinivasan comeback as BCCI representative to ICC

So, Again the great Supreme Court has come back between the wishes of BCCI state units to have Srinivasan fight for BCCI's rights at the next ICC meeting, lets see who attends the meeting and what happens to India's share of money (currently at 20% eventhough the contribution is more than 70%).

" A shock return for N Srinivasan to the boardrooms of the ICC has been ruled out by India's Supreme Court.

In a ruling delivered on Monday in Delhi by a three-judge bench, the court ruled that Srinivasan, a former BCCI president and ICC chairman, cannot attend crucial ICC meetings next week as the Indian board's representative. Instead, the court directed the BCCI's acting secretary Amitabh Choudhary and CEO Rahul Johri to attend the ICC's second round of quarterly meetings in Dubai between April 23-27.

The ruling should temporarily end a recent push by BCCI officials to bring Srinivasan back into the fold for the ICC meetings. It is an important week for world cricket as members are expected to move closer not only to deciding how to govern the game, but, significantly, how to divide its financial pie. The BCCI left the last board meeting in February unhappy with the new financial model that was presented, in which its share of ICC revenues was considerably reduced from the previous model created by the Big Three. "

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/1092913.html

i think its time Srinivasan quit cricket and setout his conflicting interests properly. I dont get the logic behind trying to get him back, he is not some don figure to scare anyone, there needs to be shrewd politicking to get BCCI's interests protected. India is filled with people who do politics all the time, yes most are dumb but surely we can find some third rate politicking administrators who play dirty politics well, that should be pretty easy to find in Mumbai or Delhi,comeon it should be too easy, why do they need Srinivasan to do it.

7 minutes ago, Vilander said:

i think its time Srinivasan quit cricket and setout his conflicting interests properly. I dont get the logic behind trying to get him back, he is not some don figure to scare anyone, there needs to be shrewd politicking to get BCCI's interests protected. India is filled with people who do politics all the time, yes most are dumb but surely we can find some third rate politicking administrators who play dirty politics well, that should be pretty easy to find in Mumbai or Delhi,comeon it should be too easy, why do they need Srinivasan to do it.

The State units just want to be sure that the person going to the ICC meeting will protect their interests and who better than Srinivasan for the job as he knows the last financial agreement inside out as he was the one who fought for it and drafted it.

The ICC chaired by our own traitor is hell bent on reducing the India's share to just 10% along with reducing the total pot itself by ICC banking many millions too which then they can use as they wish. ICC new agreements also has the clause for India losing points for refusing to play Pakistan in the rankings, there are many such things which compromise Indian crickets' position which need to defended and the meeting is in  ten days time, there is nobody better than Srinivasan for this job.

Also, what more conflict does Srini have? His son in law did betting and the team was suspended for two years for that , punishment is already given. I am no Srini fan and i think he should retire after tearing up this new ICC agreement but we have to look out for the best person to protect Indian cricket's interest which will affect the next decade if a strong counter-politics, counter-pushing is not done at the next ICC meeting in ten days time.