Sign in to follow this  
Rasgulla

Rishab pant smashes greatest Indian phasttt bowler for 64664

Watching Highlights od Dd vs Kkr 

Pant smashed our greatest indian phasttt bowler for 64664 

bhuvi on other hand took a useless 5er and won SRH a match

Hence proved Umesh the phasttt yadav is better than Bhuvi the trudler kumar.

Will find a youtube video if i can and add it here

Discuss :Giggity: calling out all phasttt gang 

Edited by Viper

12 minutes ago, laaloo said:

Umesh clearly underperfomed so pant can replace the old man Tony. Shatranj ka khel khela Yadav be. That's how you defeat your enemy. Well done Yadav :kkr1:

lol

underperforming deliberately but we know that happens. Some players in Pune also trying to do that. haha

Umesh clearly underperfomed so pant can replace the old man Tony. Shatranj ka khel khela Yadav be. That's how you defeat your enemy. Well done Yadav :kkr1:

Guess with the 3rd worst Econ rate in cricket history ,must be underperforming his entire career.

Is that his ultimate plan to screw India? :cantstop:

460a21acdc15985d93b7b2cda825b79a.jpg

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Watching Highlights od Dd vs Kkr 

Pant smashed our greatest indian phasttt bowler for 64664 

bhuvi on other hand took a useless 5er and won SRH a match

Hence proved Umesh the phasttt yadav is better than Bhuvi the trudler kumar.

Will find a youtube video if i can and add it here

Discuss :Giggity: calling out all phasttt gang 

No it only proves bhuvi is a better LOI over bowler than Umesh, Were u sleeping when umesh was bowling so well in test

Even steyn has been smashed by Samson in IPl, wud u say chucker narine was better than steyn

Ye bhi thread bna de na - Pant outperforms dhoni in IPL, so he shud replace him in Indian team

Umesh had an off day ...he took a 4fer in last game

Last yr dhoni only had 1-2 gud games, this yr not even that. So u mean to say for umesh its crime to have a bad day....n his good days shud be forgettable 

16 minutes ago, Viper said:

Ipl section me Tests kaha se agaya :wp85:

Wow steyn vs Umesh comparison :hysterical: 

One off day since 2013... chalo its ok just off day

From 2013, ODI 

Bhuvi- 48 games , 47 wkts , avg of 42

umesh - 39 games 63 wkts, Avg 0f 28

Umesh not only a better test bowler but ODI to in recent times, Chal t20 men bhuvi aish karne de. Yes but logic noted performing in IPL makes u a better bowler in all formats :adore::adore::adore::adore:

Lao har keeper ko jo 2013 se dhoni se better kiya hai IPL men .......pappu, karthik, samson, pant all of em 

47 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Umesh Yadav is not a short format bowler. He should stick to Tests.

Actually he hasnt been that bad, leaks runs for sure but he does pick wkts. As u can see stats above. 

Choking runs are important in ODI but nothing affects the RR then wkt. Also he is the best fielder among fast bowler so he actually adds there. 

Rather he shud only avoid t20, he is decent in ODI

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

From 2013, ODI 

Umesh not only a better test bowler but ODI to in recent times, Chal t20 men bhuvi aish karne de. Yes but logic noted performing in IPL makes u a better bowler in all formats :adore::adore::adore::adore:

Lao har keeper ko jo 2013 se dhoni se better kiya hai IPL men .......pappu, karthik, samson, pant all of em 

Actually he hasnt been that bad, leaks runs for sure but he does pick wkts. As u can see stats above. 

Choking runs are important in ODI but nothing affects the RR then wkt. Also he is the best fielder among fast bowler so he actually adds there. 

Umesh leaks way too many runs in odis and IMO we have plenty of options in shorter formats. I would have Bhuvi, Bumrah, Shami and Sandeep ahead of Umesh and when you factor in Pandya as the pace all-rounder, surely there's no spot for Umesh in shorter formats.

I would rather Umesh focus on Tests as he's our best Test bowler and one of the best wicket taking option in that format. No point risking him in shorter formats when we already have bunch of options.

45 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

From 2013, ODI 

Incorrect. This is from 2014 (Umesh's best year in ODIs when he averaged below 25 at ER below 5.5 for the only time in his career).

When you don't couple averages with ER, the stats are useless. Often batsmen will get out trying to hit out and gift free wickets after hitting a few fours/sixes. Hence, wickets can add up, but it does nothing much in restricting scoring.

If you want to talk about recent form, then here are Umesh's "recent" stats.

Since 2016: Average 40, ER: 6.7

Not so good looking now, right? 

3 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

Guess with the 3rd worst Econ rate in cricket history ,must be underperforming his entire career.

Is that his ultimate plan to screw India? :cantstop:

460a21acdc15985d93b7b2cda825b79a.jpg

Wait. What?

Why the heck are you looking at useless things like Economy Rate?? You should be looking at Speed Guns and Speed Guns only. That is the most important stat in cricket today, you didn't know?

13 minutes ago, Texan said:

Wait. What?

Why the heck are you looking at useless things like Economy Rate?? You should be looking at Speed Guns and Speed Guns only. That is the most important stat in cricket today, you didn't know?

I'm glad McGrath and Shaun Pollock didn't play these days coz armchair phaast bowling fans would've rated likes of Shaun Tait and Mohd Sami over them :phehe: 

Happy for Pant.  Fast bowlers can go for plenty much like Dale steyn went for. I was mad at Ummie when he did the same in all format. Now he is good in Tests. In T20 I am fine.  Bhuvaneswar has added a yard of pace. to his bowling. That makes him more threatening.

Edited by vvvslaxman

7 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

I'm glad McGrath and Shaun Pollock didn't play these days coz armchair phaast bowling fans would've rated likes of Shaun Tait and Mohd Sami over them :phehe: 

Shaun tait was a damn good ODI bowler. At least check his stats before spouting nonsense. His issue was injuries, not bowling. And why only Sami. Was he the only fast bowler in the world. Why don't you take names like Brett Lee, Shane bond, Donald, starc, shoaib.

Some people completely tend to miss the steep bounce generation aspect by some pacers and its importance. Bounce also hurries batsmen and forces them to commit mistakes.

McGrath and Pollock were very tall bowlers who got steep bounce and cannot be compared with short medium pacers who do not get bounce.

Aniket Chaudhari is an Indian pacer who usually bowls less than 140 k in 4-day games but many of us want him in the test team because he too gets steep bounce from 6'4" height.

Shaun tait was a damn good ODI bowler. At least check his stats before spouting nonsense. His issue was injuries, not bowling. And why only Sami. Was he the only fast bowler in the world. Why don't you take names like Brett Lee, Shane bond, Donald, starc, shoaib.

Don't feed a troll

Seriously man this laughable, McGrath and Pollock you mentioned were never a trundlers especially when they first bursted on to the scene, pace is tool for success and should be the first one to be seen in any rookie pacer, rest other things can be taught or learned even the great McGrath once said that I tried to bowl as fast as possible and was even seen consistently clocking 140to143 k in 2003 WC ( just youtube his 7wickets vs namebia). McGrath’s height was also critical to his success, his ability to extract bounce from his clean, economical action would often find him taking the edge. Tall fast bowlers have this advantage and it is an underestimated weapon for a bowler, but they have to have the patience to maintain their length. His action was supreme, bio mechanically efficient, an economical run-up, high front arm, still head and easy action allowed him to bowl long spells. Pollock you mentioned use to be freakishly fast in the first half of his career very close to samis pace

Refer some old you tube videos, one saf commie (can't remember the name) once while commenting a match said that pollock use break helmets after helmets when he debut their domestic that's how sharp he was !!

Shaun Tait you mentioned was highly rated by Aussies and even gave him a new ball over mcgtgrath in 2007 WC and was instrumental in winning that wc for them,

Lol you're having one example of sami over a tones of other successful bowlers in internationas like west indies pace batteries, wasim waquar shoib bond Lee akhtar Flintoff harmison malinga starch boult amir etc.

10 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Perhaps it is you whose cricketing knowledge is sourced exclusively from cricinfo? Because people who watched those two bowlers know exactly how fast they were in the first half of their careers.

Edited by sarchasm

15 hours ago, laaloo said:

Umesh clearly underperfomed so pant can replace the old man Tony. Shatranj ka khel khela Yadav ne. That's how you defeat your enemy. Well done Yadav :kkr1:

Chi chi chi......humare players aur Pakistani player men kuch to farq rakho

17 hours ago, laaloo said:

But this is for the betterment of indian cricket :isalute:

rf

Pant 26 in one over

When I was in school,HANSRAJ was one hell of player in mid 70's, but he was dis appear within few years.i wish R.Pant ji doing better and better everyday in all cricket.

3 hours ago, speedheat said:

Don't feed a troll

Troll :dontknow: Coz I don't believe in Umesh in shorter formats and his performances so far have backed my view? Yeah sure.

Maybe let's have Aaron, Umesh and whoever bowls phaast as the 3rd seamer in India and anybody who doesn't agree can be termed a troll :agree: 

3 hours ago, speedheat said:

Seriously man this laughable, McGrath and Pollock you mentioned were never a trundlers especially when they first bursted on to the scene, pace is tool for success and should be the first one to be seen in any rookie pacer, rest other things can be taught or learned even the great McGrath once said that I tried to bowl as fast as possible and was even seen consistently clocking 140to143 k in 2003 WC ( just youtube his 7wickets vs namebia). McGrath’s height was also critical to his success, his ability to extract bounce from his clean, economical action would often find him taking the edge. Tall fast bowlers have this advantage and it is an underestimated weapon for a bowler, but they have to have the patience to maintain their length. His action was supreme, bio mechanically efficient, an economical run-up, high front arm, still head and easy action allowed him to bowl long spells. Pollock you mentioned use to be freakishly fast in the first half of his career very close to samis pace

Refer some old you tube videos, one saf commie (can't remember the name) once while commenting a match said that pollock use break helmets after helmets when he debut their domestic that's how sharp he was !!

Shaun Tait you mentioned was highly rated by Aussies and even gave him a new ball over mcgtgrath in 2007 WC and was instrumental in winning that wc for them,

Lol you're having one example of sami over a tones of other successful bowlers in internationas like west indies pace batteries, wasim waquar shoib bond Lee akhtar Flintoff harmison malinga starch boult amir etc. emoji28.png

Laughable is the fact that you don't understand the role of impeccable line, length and control likes of McGrath and Pollock had. It was not pace or height which made them great but the fact how they could literally bowl a ball on a coin if they wanted to and had wonderful control over their deliveries. You would seldom recall Mcgrath or Pollock bowl a loose delivery in a match, forget an over or a spell. You never saw them bowl short and wide or down the leg. That level of control and mastery over line and length was the key to their success. And both of them were never tearaway pace bowlers either and at their best could maybe touch early 140 but for the most part bowled in 130s. And neither was Shaun Pollock that tall - he was 6'2''. Decent but not overtly tall.

If not for McGrath and Pollock's wonderful line, length and control, their pace or height wouldn't have helped them one bit. That's why Umesh and Aaron struggle in shorter formats. Coz they simply don't have that control and will give away hit me deliveries and runs nearly every over. Umesh is suited for Tests coz he bowls plenty of wkt taking deliveries as well but Aaron lacks in both. I'm sorry but Umesh and Aaron aren't good short format bowlers unless they add more control and variety to their bowling. They are way too predictable.

2 hours ago, sarchasm said:

Perhaps it is you whose cricketing knowledge is sourced exclusively from cricinfo? Because people who watched those two bowlers know exactly how fast they were in the first half of their careers.

They were wonderful bowlers when they bowled in 130s for the most part. If you think their success was built on pace I doubt you watched them or know much about their bowling.

Troll :dontknow: Coz I don't believe in Umesh in shorter formats and his performances so far have backed my view? Yeah sure.

Maybe let's have Aaron, Umesh and whoever bowls phaast as the 3rd seamer in India and anybody who doesn't agree can be termed a troll :agree: 

You're sandeep type bowlers will be thrashed in internationals, hell even Zimbabwe batsman smacked him, yesterday I got a dream that rashid khan smacked him for six

Don't worry will go with studs like sandeep yo Mahesh and vinnu kooomar next in Lois , khush??? :hysterical:

13 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

:hysterical::hysterical: If they bowlll phastttt that's enough for phasttt boys 

Who cares about mccgrath and pollock 

9 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Don't worry will go with studs like sandeep yo Mahesh and vinnu kooomar next in Lois , khush??? :hysterical:

Sandeep doesn't belong in the same category as Mahesh, Vinny koomar and the lot.

See that's the problem with relying on speed guns. you have no clue whatsoever about bowling other than "Oh he bowled a delivery at 143 kph!!!" This post betrays your lack of knowledge.

15 minutes ago, speedheat said:

You're sandeep type bowlers will be thrashed in internationals, hell even Zimbabwe batsman smacked him, yesterday I got a dream that rashid khan smacked him for six emoji28.pngemoji28.png

So far haven't seen that coz Sandeep has clearly out-performed likes of Umesh and Aaron in the IPL. I would rather go with someone who "might" be thrashed compared to someone who actually is :agree: 

So far haven't seen that coz Sandeep has clearly out-performed likes of Umesh and Aaron in the IPL. I would rather go with someone who "might" be thrashed compared to someone who actually is :agree: 

Sorry OK not might be, sandeep WAS thrashed by Zimbabwe batters

Sandeep doesn't belong in the same category as Mahesh, Vinny koomar and the lot.

See that's the problem with relying on speed guns. you have no clue whatsoever about bowling other than "Oh he bowled a delivery at 143 kph!!!" This post betrays your lack of knowledge.

So going by your logic all those bowling coaches wasim waquar thommo Andy Roberts who demands for 140+ bowlers too betrays lack of knowledge, GREAT !!!

GOD JUST KILL ME !!!

1 minute ago, speedheat said:

So going by your logic all those bowling coaches wasim waquar thommo Andy Roberts who demands for 140+ bowlers too betrays lack of knowledge, GREAT !!!

GOD JUST KILL ME !!!

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji120.png

I didn't hear anyone of those say "Look at the speedgun and select the bowlers". I'm sure you think likes of Sami and Tait are greater than McGrath and Pollock but not true. At the end of the day bowling is about picking wkts at as low an average as possible. But I guess in your world pace is everything and that's why Aaron should be picked ahead of Sandeep :popcorn: 

I never knew 1 T20 for a debutant is the criteria for judging someone :dontknow: By that logic Umesh should never play again :phehe: 

OK umesh is a trundler should never play again what a waste he is, its time to introduce a 5footer

I didn't hear anyone of those say "Look at the speedgun and select the bowlers". I'm sure you think likes of Sami and Tait are greater than McGrath and Pollock but not true. At the end of the day bowling is about picking wkts at as low an average as possible. But I guess in your world pace is everything and that's why Aaron should be picked ahead of Sandeep :popcorn: 

If only you had played some cricket in school you would have realised what pace is , but any way let's praise watch sandeep Malcolm sharma

OK umesh is a trundler should never play again what a waste he is, its time to introduce a 5footer emoji23.pngemoji106.png

Reading & Comprehension failure. The sentence should be: Sandeep deserves a run in the short formats coz of the consistent performances he has displayed at all levels since his u-19 days right to IPL :agree: 

Reading & Comprehension failure. The sentence should be: Sandeep deserves a run in the short formats coz of the consistent performances he has displayed at all levels since his u-19 days right to IPL :agree: 

I never knew 1 T20 for a debutant is the criteria for judging someone :dontknow: By that logic Umesh should never play again :phehe: 

Who on this earth says no to the next Malcolm marshel with silky hair

Just now, speedheat said:

If only you had played some cricket in school you would have realised what pace isemoji28.png , but any way let's praise watch sandeep Malcolm sharma emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Played enough to realize to know results are everything. Just because likes of Rayudu and Aaron "look good" doesn't mean they deserve to be picked ahead of likes of Jadhav and Sandeep :agree:

Played enough to realize to know results are everything. Just because likes of Rayudu and Aaron "look good" doesn't mean they deserve to be picked ahead of likes of Jadhav and Sandeep :agree:

Jadhav no doubt is class I will take him over raydu any day but seriously man you're hate for aeron is going for next level. You should stop analysing pacers

I don't know :dontknow: Maybe guys with a fetish for speedguns who would love to pick Aaron over actual performers :phehe: 

Unfortunately for you selectors saw enough talent in sandip those 2 overs he bowled vs zimboks to drop him

Just now, speedheat said:

Jadhav no doubt is class I will take him over raydu any day but seriously man you're hate for aeron is going for next level. You should stop analysing pacers

Jadhav is class coz folks have finally seen what he can do and that his domestic performances did warrant his selection in the first place. Sandeep is bowling equivalent of Jadhav. Jadhav didn't have "X factor" or didn't look "solid" etc. and Sandeep doesn't bowl faster than others.

The key to cricket and any sports or in fact any facet of life is performance and not how you look doing it. If Sandeep can take wkts at a pretty good average and ER so be it. He deserves a shot. I had similar thread for Jadhav that he deserved chances 3-4 years back and again there were people like you saying how Rayudu and Rahane or Mandeep were better prospects in the shorter formats.

Unfortunately for you selectors saw enough talent in sandip those 2 overs he bowled vs zimboks to drop him

That's the bane of Indian cricket. After all they are the ones who see more potential in the likes of Rayudu and Rahane in shorter formats compared to Jadhav :dontknow: 

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.