Sonu Nigam twitter controversy on Azaan from loudspeakers

Texy

Just ban loud speakers in public places and restrict to certain times.

Just noise pollution let alone going into the religious angle.

Isn't there a ban in place by SC on using Loudspeakers? Or is it only for Navratri? I think there's a ban on bursting crackers after 10pm. It's another matter whether the law is effectively enforced or not...

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

In this age, when even the poorest of the poor can afford a smart phone, there are apps that inform people of the Azaan times and have inbuilt alarms. One doesn't need Azaan from loudspeakers as a call to prayer.

The loudspeaker in a place of worship or during a procession, is simply a channel to enforce piety on those who belong to that the faith and a show of strength to those who don't.

+1 honestly. no disrespect to anyone. I think people should stop targeting Sonu alone for this and consider the idea behind it. I think this is our opportunity to stop use of any loud speakers during any occasion between 9p-7a all year long. 

Put it this way. The Azans are so invasive and annoying that by living in the middle east for 4 years, i practically memorized Surah Al Fatiha (that is the Azan call) involuntarily. Ie, driving to work every day or getting back from work, its blaring on the loudspeakers. Disgusting invasion of privacy and noise pollution. 

Apparently they found out that No Azaan can be heard at sonu place bcz nearest mosque to his house is still 600m far. Media people spend a morning outside sonu home to observe how loud it will be but they were rather unable to hear anything despite those quietest hours of early morning...

On 4/18/2017 at 3:08 AM, zen said:

It is true. If i recall correctly, even in Pak thry dont use loudspeakers to such an extent

they started over-using it like for everything; speeches etc with some mega sound systems... but new law restricted them to use it only for Azaans, Friday khutba and any emergency announcements etc, that too with only allowed type of speakers...

Put it this way. The Azans are so invasive and annoying that by living in the middle east for 4 years, i practically memorized Surah Al Fatiha (that is the Azan call) involuntarily. Ie, driving to work every day or getting back from work, its blaring on the loudspeakers. Disgusting invasion of privacy and noise pollution. 

BIG FAT LIAR YOU ARE

Al Fatiha is NOT the Azan call.

One can guage the tolerance of both the faiths judging from the responses to his tweets even though he mentioned temples as well.

All the gaalis coming from you know who.

Yet, some jokers here who falsely equate the two faiths.

Isn't there a ban in place by SC on using Loudspeakers? Or is it only for Navratri? I think there's a ban on bursting crackers after 10pm. It's another matter whether the law is effectively enforced or not...

Yes there is ban on bursting crackers .

Also ban on loudspeakers after 10 during election time .Not sure about regular times.

1 hour ago, Asim said:

Apparently they found out that No Azaan can be heard at sonu place bcz nearest mosque to his house is still 600m far. Media people spend a morning outside sonu home to observe how loud it will be but they were rather unable to hear anything despite those quietest hours of early morning...

600 meters. Well Azaan is not a bhaijaan who would catch an uber and reach Sonu's house through road. I am sure Air Distance would be less and anyway 600 meters is not such a big distance that early morning loudspeaker noise won't disturb. Try some other justification please.

2 hours ago, Asim said:

Oh wow, so you guys believe the Indian media now :giggle: how convenient :laugh1: