Curious strategies of Rahul Dravid

Ultimate_Game

Not satisfied with coming up with left field decisions and head scratching plans for Rajasthan Royals, Dravid has taken his game to the next level for Delhi Daredevils :clap: After all who can ever forget the IPL 2-3 years ago when RR had nearly wrapped up the playoff spot when Dravid started his tinkering, lost 3 games in a row and Mumbai sealed a miraculous win by hitting a 6 against RR to seal the final playoff spot by bumping RR.

One would've thought that he would've learnt his lesson but so far he has single-handedly ensured that Delhi lose regularly despite having one of the best rosters in IPL. Apparently Dravid's love for his RR proteges (Samson and Nair) knows no bounds and if it costs Delhi the wins so be it. Karun "wlaking wkt" Nair is sent up the order along with Samson every match despite having one of the brightest talents in Rishabh Pant at his disposal. Anyone and his dog can see that Pant deserves to bat at the top and make the most of PP overs but Dravid's love for Nair & Samson has blinded him.

Not content with pushing Pant down the order, our strategy guy also dropped the best bowler for Delhi in IPl so far in Nadeem. Yes, the guy whose ER is 4.9 this IPL and has looked unhittable and the best bowler was dropped. Probably coz Nadeem didn't play for RR and thus doesn't have Dravid as his godfather. I'm sure Dravid will be trying his best to push Nair and Samson in the Indian CT team the same way he managed to push Karn Sharma as the spinner in India's Test suad to Australia coz Karn played for IPL team coached by Dravid :facepalm: As for Pant, Nadeem and others my advice would be to nominate Dravid their godfather the way likes of Nair, Samson and Karn Sharma did :pray: 

I thought Nadeem was dropped keeping in mind two left handed openers but that didn't happen & furthermore Shami was used in the middle overs where Nadeem couldn't have been worse.So the decision in the end made no sense.

So I heard Cory was dropped because he was ill,but with Rahul you never know last year dropped Carlos after winning man of the match.

In T20s its always good to be flexible and go horses for courses but with Dravid these decisions come across as by whims n fancies.You rightly pointed out about the 2014 IPL where Dravid was the main reason behind derailing a smooth RR campaign and last year with DD was not much different.

Edited by BCCI

59 minutes ago, BCCI said:

And I am disappointed with Dravid ,he is not pushing for a batting replacement,which Delhi very much needs,these Nair's,Iyer's,Samson's are all similar players in a way.

Iyer is better than Nair and Samson. Nair should be dropped ASAP. I've never seen a player milk one fluke performance (that 300) for so long. The guy has yet to phucking cross a 30 since then and Dravid is gonna give him entire IPL! :facepalm: What I'm scared of is Nair or Sampson coming up with a fluke good performance later this IPL and Dravid pulling strings to get either of them in the CT squad :nervous::afraid: 

34 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Iyer is better than Nair and Samson. Nair should be dropped ASAP. I've never seen a player milk one fluke performance (that 300) for so long. The guy has yet to phucking cross a 30 since then and Dravid is gonna give him entire IPL! :facepalm: What I'm scared of is Nair or Sampson coming up with a fluke good performance later this IPL and Dravid pulling strings to get either of them in the CT squad :nervous::afraid: 

:laugh: Just hoping Rishabh is promoted atleast now.

I felt he was going to experiment in this match. Since this was only the 4th game, it's not an issue. However, he can't afford to do it anymore. The league is very competitive this year and DD need to win at least 6 of their next 10 games. Get those wins out of the way and then do whatever experimenting you want in the last few group games. 

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

@Ultimate_Game which IPL team coached by RD karn sharma played ? Please enlighten us.

Don't recall but he was pushed for by Dravid for Test selection. I clearly remember Dravid's remarks and various articles where he actively pushed for Karn. here are a few I can find...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-india-2014-15/content/story/795801.html

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/ipl/interviews/Leggie-Karn-Sharma-looks-forward-to-IPL/articleshow/46842541.cms

In both these articles as well as various others if you google you will read about Dravid calling and pushing for Karn Sharma's inclusion in India's Test squad to Australia.

51 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Don't recall but he was pushed for by Dravid for Test selection. I clearly remember Dravid's remarks and various articles where he actively pushed for Karn. here are a few I can find...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-india-2014-15/content/story/795801.html

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/ipl/interviews/Leggie-Karn-Sharma-looks-forward-to-IPL/articleshow/46842541.cms

In both these articles as well as various others if you google you will read about Dravid calling and pushing for Karn Sharma's inclusion in India's Test squad to Australia.

Karn never played under  RD in ipl. Dravid  coaches u19 and A teams and he pushes for guys who he finds good. Pant, pandya, Shankar, shardul all have played under him those teams.