RAINA still got it. Should be back for CT 2017 at #6.

WC2011INDIA

Whatever little I have seen of him in IPL has convinced me that he should be played at lower order in CT 2017. Will play a few crucial knocks for sure. Need someone who can accelerate and he can do that. Moreover, he has loads of experience and historically good against Pak, England, Bangladesh, all of whom we might face at some point in the tournament.

6 minutes ago, sourab10forever said:

Just one small innings and the bugals go off..

Every player who play a decent innings in IPL gets to go to CT. Wah!

he has got more than decent tournaments throughout the history of the IPL

10 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

As of now kedhar has sealed the spot. Would be unfair to drop him. 

Raina will definitely more as a fielder than jadhav, but cant drop jadhav now

But Jadhav the bowler v Raina the bowler?

I think Jadhav gets the edge due to the recent form. Plus the keeper in case MSD gets injured/rested.

So clearly Jadhav winning the case against raina

We have so many young players performing that I am not sure if Raina falls in the top 2-3 players who can bat 5 or lower and start hitting. I like what he brings to the table i.e. being able to hit from ball 1, bowl few overs and field well, but looking at the IPL, there are some more contenders.

20 minutes ago, sourab10forever said:

But Jadhav the bowler v Raina the bowler?

I think Jadhav gets the edge due to the recent form. Plus the keeper in case MSD gets injured/rested.

So clearly Jadhav winning the case against raina

Jadhav is more or less similar bowler to Raina. He troubled English batsmen in recent series.  

There is no open spot for Raina in the XI.. Jadhav has secured his No. 6 spot.. 

Toss up between Yuvraj and Pandey for 4.. I wish Pandey is the first choice, but I'm sure the selectors will go with Yuvraj.. 

What I wish for 4,5,6 : Pandey, Dhoni, Jadhav with Raina as back up

What they will play at 4,5,6 : Yuvraj, Dhoni, Jadhav with Pandey as back up

Edited by bowl_out

^ Either way its pathetic middle order for slogging. Dhoni can't do shyt at no. 5 nowadays.At no 5 you also need to be good striker.Just in case.Dhoni will come and take mighty single,risky doubles and after match would ask did you see him running? 

Yuvraj is also past it.But I think he can still slog if he gets going.Problem is he rarely gets going nowadays..

If Raina is to be included he should be in place of Yuvraj or Dhoni(almost improbable though)

Edited by Pollack

^Yeah!    In any case I won't give much importance to Raina's IPL performance. I dont think he can survive quality bowling.He is notorious for being IPL legend. Raina, Rahane, Rohit etc bat like possessed in IPL anyway.