Munaf - Very pacy - Mid to high 80 MPH

Don

Re: Munaf - Very pacy - Mid to high 80 MPH yeah... if u manage to digest the fact that speedguns in australia are a good 10 kph off..... and also the so-called potential fast bowler called Asif clocks 80 mph...... 88-89 mph is very pacy... on aussie speedguns, it will read 93....

Re: Munaf - Very pacy - Mid to high 80 MPH I wouldn't really characterize him as 'pacy'. Pacy to me is ability to consistently hit 90mph (mid nineties to be express). But you don't have to be pacy to be successful. Look at McGrath, and Pollock. Dev wasn't pacy either. Neither is Asif. Munaf is actually faster than most of the ones I listed above. International quality batsman cannot be hustled out by speed alone. It helps of course, but a much more important commodity is accuracy. Munaf had it today, and hopefully he can come back strong in England. His fielding is terrible, and that hurts in ODIs, but when playing Tests...as long as he can bowl accurately and catch well...he'll be a real asset.

Re: Munaf - Very pacy - Mid to high 80 MPH

Sreesanth is another Pathan in the making. Runstruck.
Based on his performance on these flat decks ? Sreesanth relies on swing & seam movement, bowls at a fair pace. Fullish lengths in Saffie pitches worked great for him. But on these decks, he has to adjust his length a bit on the shorter side. He needs to hit the deck more like Munaf to keep the batsman quiet. He is a quick learner, he will bowl well in better pitches.