Every IPL Playing XI should have two slots for uncapped Indian players

express bowling

One of the purposes of the IPL is or should be to develop young Indian players. Make them ready for international cricket by providing them with the experience of  playing against and with top international players, playing in crunch situations in front of a huge vocal crowd etc. etc.

With that in mind, it is a good idea to reserve two slots in the playing XI of every team for either uncapped Indian players OR  Indian players who have played less than 5 international matches.  (  Perhaps a age cap of 30 should also apply to these 2 slots too. )   After all, it is the Indian Premier League.

We are seeing the Praveen Kumars and Munaf Patels playing while the likes of Nathu Singh warm the benches. There are lots of examples like this.

Please discuss.

Edited by express bowling

Most teams fill that criteria that you mentioned of 2 players either uncapped or played less than 5 internationals : 

RPS : Tripathi, Shardul, Chahar

GL : Kishan, Kaushik, Thampi

RCB : Mandeep, Aravind

MI : Rana, Krunal

DD : Pant, Iyer, Samson

KXIP : Vohra, Sandeep

KKR : Suryakumar Yadav, Kuldeep

SRH : Ojha

SRH is the only team lacking.

Edited by Sidhoni

6 minutes ago, Sidhoni said:

Most teams fill that criteria of you mentioned of 2 players either uncapped or played less than 5 internationals : 

Vijay Shankar, Mohd Siraj.

10 minutes ago, Sidhoni said:

Most teams fill that criteria of you mentioned of 2 players either uncapped or played less than 5 internationals : 

Yes.... but all these players have not played in all the  matches.

I am talking about the playing XI of every match.

1 hour ago, Sidhoni said:

Deepak Hooda

Some Franchise are good in giving chances to youngsters, but some are very rigid & are not ready to give youngsters more opportunities.

We have seen how Thampi, Shardul, Nitish, Rishabh, Pandya brothers, have impressed after getting enough opportunities.

Bains, Kejoroliya, Sangwan, Shankar, Sundar, should get opportunities to show their talent & they can be more impressive than the older players

6 minutes ago, tweaker said:

Some Franchise are good in giving chances to youngsters, but some are very rigid & are not ready to give youngsters more opportunities.

We have seen how Thampi, Shardul, Nitish, Rishabh, Pandya brothers, have impressed after getting enough opportunities.

Bains, Kejoroliya, Sangwan, Shankar, Sundar, should get opportunities to show their talent & they can be more impressive than the older players

Add to that Nathu, Navdeep Saini, Gopal, Lomror 

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Yes.... but all these players have not played in all the  matches.

I am talking about the playing XI of every match.

I am also talking about playing 11. Take any match and you will find 2 players per side that fit the criteria mentioned in OP.

30 minutes ago, Pixel said:

The IPL has sold it's soul for corporate dollars.

Domestic comps like the PSL, BBL and CSL promote more organic talent which becomes a breeding ground for the national team.

I like the premise of the OP and although it won't happen, would improve the integrity of the competition

You mean the one where initially unsold players are called up to play the final? :phehe:

Edited by Sidhoni

2 minutes ago, Sidhoni said:

You mean the one where initially unsold players are called up to play the final? :phehe:

Ishant Sharma was originally unsold (lol) and could yet play a final.

I don't see your point 

3 minutes ago, Sidhoni said:

But he is playing the whole tournament as well, not being called up from his house to play in the final.

To be honest, Ishant shouldn't be playing full stop. Would much rather see a young kid be given a chance rather than a washed up player 

Just now, Sidhoni said:

Way to run away from the point :nice:

Not running away, just trying to stick with the premise of the Thread. Of been a victim of flogs ruining and derailing my Threads so don't want to do the same. 

Would you rather an untried kid play the IPL or are you happy with Ishant's selection

1 minute ago, Pixel said:

Not running away, just trying to stick with the premise of the Thread. Of been a victim of flogs ruining and derailing my Threads so don't want to do the same. 

Would you rather an untried kid play the IPL or are you happy with Ishant's selection

Ishant is not even in the discussion lol. I was just calling you out for bringing PSL in the discussion of T20 leagues. That league is a joke and doesn't deserve to be talked about in an IPL forum.