Hats off to Delhi think tank!!!

Ultimate_Game

Just now, BeautifulGame said:

Dravid is a hopeless strategist in shorter formats .

Simple as that.

He's a p**s poor strategist. Period. I don't see how he will be better in Tests where you will have your heart in mouth every session what new gameplan Dravid will come up with :nervous: And his backing of Karn Sharma for Australia Test tour shows what he would do there. Probably have Nair along with Karn Sharma for eternity :fear::afraid: 

1 minute ago, Ultimate_Game said:

I guess you are not familiar with how Rahul Dravid's brain works :laugh: 

Hmmm to me it looks like zaheer who is more intent on timepassing and enjoying..contrast this with Gambhir and it sucks.. kkr intact saw Narine doing well in Pak leagues and opened with him. Delhi saw Morris hit 38 of 9 and still 

Just now, Lord said:

Not sure why you are blaming him only.Its always the captain that makes these decisions

That is only true if you have powerful captain like dhoni. Amongst Zaheer and dravid, dravid definitely would have more say in team selections, batting order while Zaheer will handle on field responsibilities. Also mostly in IPL it is seen most decisions are made collectively by entire team management unlike Internationals where captain has his way.

People are talking about Dravid is just a coach and Zak is the captain,so Zak must be having a say in these decisions.Yes Zak must be involved in these decisions but Zak was not there in Rajasthan Royals derailing a smooth ride.There is only one constant.Nadeem was bowling economically ,picking wickets but suddenly there was an urge to change the side and two smart alecky moves to include Shami and Jayant.

And what about Corey ,last game he was ill,not recovered yet,whats his mysterious illness?

Dont want to reiterate about the batting slots for the zillionth time.

I can envision some more fcuk ups as we go deep into the season.

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Matthews did fine, all were yorkers to him, still Matthews did fine. Him coming ahead of Morris was 't wrong as he did score well today. Nair is the only wrong move. We did not bowl well, that is where we lost.

Morris did not abt because we did not lose too many wickets.

Yes ideally he could be sent as hitter but then he is better at late order hitting and today we did not lose any wicket down the order.

Okay,I'm out :bye:

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Matthews did fine, all were yorkers to him, still Matthews did fine. Him coming ahead of Morris was 't wrong as he did score well today. Nair is the only wrong move. We did not bowl well, that is where we lost.

Morris did not abt because we did not lose too many wickets.

Yes ideally he could be sent as hitter but then he is better at late order hitting and today we did not lose any wicket down the order.

:facepalm:

1 minute ago, Vk1 said:

Hmmm to me it looks like zaheer who is more intent on timepassing and enjoying..contrast this with Gambhir and it sucks.. kkr intact saw Narine doing well in Pak leagues and opened with him. Delhi saw Morris hit 38 of 9 and still 

Delhi doesn't have firepower in the middle. We do need to send one of the hitters from the bottom up early at times.

1 minute ago, Vk1 said:

Zaheer is too brainless to make any calls. It's Dravid who calls the shots behind the scenes. Those of us who followed Rajasthan Royals with Dravid at the helm can see his "strategy" fingerprints all over the place :giggle: 

2 minutes ago, Lord said:

Okay,I'm out :bye:

Morris could be sent ahead od Nair or Iyer. You think Matthews is a bad hitter compare to Iyer and Nair? 

Matthews is pretty good than what you make of him.

Morris could have come for Nair up early when we had lost a wicket.

2 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Zaheer is too brainless to make any calls. It's Dravid who calls the shots behind the scenes. Those of us who followed Rajasthan Royals with Dravid at the helm can see his "strategy" fingerprints all over the place :giggle: 

Apparently Dravid used to pick bowling at toss to improve our chasing in odis. It did improve as we won 16 non stop chases in 05-06 season. How does he miss this simple Morris thing? Weird

3 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Should have sent Morris for Nair. Imagine Morris and Nair that time? When Nair was sent, we could have been 110-1 in 12 overs instead of 80ish which Nair was making it happen.

Later things would have been easier. Matthews scored well in the end if you vheck his score, but they could have utilised Morris up todya in a big chase. Or they could have sent Matthews up early and sent Morris at Matthews place. Either way, both should have batted ahead of Nair

2 minutes ago, laaloo said:

lol you're defending Matthews and saying I have no idea? lol and I thought Nair was the best player? When? Put the pipe down.

Dude I i am saying he is better than Nair to bat up, ideal want both Morris and Matthews ahead od them as they are better hitters than Nair. Read above before you comment. Matthews was battinf with a striker rate of 170 until last over where he faced yorkers. 

Had Matthews and Morris come ahead, DD would have won.  Bair slowed it down in the middle with that Samson p'ship.

Zaheer isn't brainless, him being a bowler let's dravid to do all the decisions regarding batting while he himself handles onfield decisions, dravids brainlessness was exposed today

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Should have sent Morris for Nair. Imagine Morris and Nair that time? When Nair was sent, we could have been 110-1 in 12 overs instead of 80ish which Nair was making it happen.

Later things would have been easier. Matthews scored well in the end if you vheck his score, but they could have utilised Morris up todya in a big chase. Or they could have sent Matthews up early and sent Morris at Matthews place. Either way, both should have batted ahead of Nair

Nair shouldn't even be in the team. He's too slow for T20s and neither does he score big. What's the point with him in the team? may as well go with an extra bowler. And Morris not getting to face a ball after his 9 ball 38 is criminal :wall: