Hats off to Delhi think tank!!!

Ultimate_Game

1 minute ago, rahulrulezz said:

I hate Mathews. Just hate him. Only reason I can't support Dd is cuz they bid for him.

Same here. Stopped supporting Delhi when they bought Mathews.

Zero commitment and just there to collect his cheque.

The way he was running first run was shameful. Missed 3-4 doubles due to him. Iyer almost lost it at him at one point of time.

2 minutes ago, rahulrulezz said:

I hate Mathews. Just hate him. Only reason I can't support Dd is cuz they bid for him. Corey is 10 times better than Mathews. Also,Nair has always been crap in T20s and 50,Shreyas is our future. Also Pant is a legend in making. 

Matthews or Morris could have been sent in today at one down instead o; Nair. Even though Corey was wrog dropped, since Matthews olayed today, he did bat with a strike rate of 170+ play in first 20 balls until last over. Had he come for Nair and had Morris come for Matthews, Delhi would have won today.

Honestly, Nair-Samson pship of 2nd wicket slowed it down. Our runrate dropped there.

Just now, speedheat said:

Zaheer isn't brainless, him being a bowler let's dravid to do all the decisions regarding batting while he himself handles onfield decisions, dravids brainlessness was exposed today

"Brainless" was the wrong word to use in that context. Meant to say I doubt Zaheer involves himself with such decision making and probably leaves it to Dravid. What I'm seeing is eerily similar to watching Rajasthan Royals from 2014 :fear: 

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Dude I i am saying he is better than Nair to bat up, ideal want both Morris and Matthews ahead od them as they are better hitters than Nair. Read above before you comment. Matthews was battinf with a striker rate of 170 until last over where he faced yorkers. 

Had Matthews and Morris come ahead, DD would have won.  Bair slowed it down in the middle with that Samson p'ship.

You said I thought Nair was the best  player. Maybe you should think before you comment. Until the 19th over, Matthews was 25(19). how is that a s/r of over 170?

1 minute ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Nair shouldn't even be in the team. He's too slow for T20s and neither does he score big. What's the point with him in the team? may as well go with an extra bowler. And Morris not getting to face a ball after his 9 ball 38 is criminal :wall: 

Nair has gotten enough chances. I am afrid if he manages to score a 50 batting first Delhi will be stuck with him. Its like Pakistan stuck with Shazhad and Akmal.

We need to seriously consider sending our all rounders up the order at the fall of first wicket or Pant.

6 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

Apparently Dravid used to pick bowling at toss to improve our chasing in odis. It did improve as we won 16 non stop chases in 05-06 season. How does he miss this simple Morris thing? Weird

We were lucky with chasing at the time as we had Dhoni at his best and an in form Yuvraj at the time. Those two pulled us out of the fire so many times. India won so many of those games despite Dravid's "tactics" and not because of him.

Nair has gotten enough chances. I am afrid if he manages to score a 50 batting first Delhi will be stuck with him. Its like Pakistan stuck with Shazhad and Akmal.

We need to seriously consider sending our all rounders up the order at the fall of first wicket or Pant.

But that's the frustration with Dravid. Whether Nair scores a 50 or not, how can you see him part of this Delhi team? TBH I can't.

Just now, laaloo said:

You said I thought Nair was the best  player. Maybe you should think before you comment. Until the 19th over, Matthews was 25(19). how is that a s/r of over 170?

I meant firs t10-15 balls he wa fast than got slow, but had they advanced him instead of Nair, we could have won. Him coming early would have even gotten Morris early to bat where he has been batting. Morris would have liked to be in by 15th over. 

I mentioned in the match thread long time back, DRAWid is and will be the main reason DD has underachieved year after years...

get rid of him, you've a fantastic team... Only he's capable of screwing up even after having such a good team...

WTF is Zak doing in the team as captain? He should be there only as a mentor... :wall:

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I meant firs t10-15 balls he wa fast than got slow, but had they advanced him instead of Nair, we could have won. Him coming early would have even gotten Morris early to bat where he has been batting. Morris would have liked to be in by 15th over. 

AD Mathews 10* (9b 1x4)

AD Mathews 13* (12b 1x4)

AD Mathews 21* (16b 2x4)

This is fast for you when rrr is 15?

13 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Should have sent Morris for Nair. Imagine Morris and Nair that time? When Nair was sent, we could have been 110-1 in 12 overs instead of 80ish which Nair was making it happen.

Later things would have been easier. Matthews scored well in the end if you vheck his score, but they could have utilised Morris up todya in a big chase. Or they could have sent Matthews up early and sent Morris at Matthews place. Either way, both should have batted ahead of Nair

but I thought you said there was nothing wrong with batting order :hmmm:

21 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Zaheer is too brainless to make any calls. It's Dravid who calls the shots behind the scenes. Those of us who followed Rajasthan Royals with Dravid at the helm can see his "strategy" fingerprints all over the place :giggle: 

Manju Part 2 :giggle:

4 minutes ago, Lord said:

but I thought you said there was nothing wrong with batting order :hmmm:

I am more pissed of at our bowling because we were known to have best bowling attack, and were more bowling side than batting. We were gloating about how we have reserves like Rabada and hilfenhaus and Shami and spinners like Mishra and Nadeem, but we did not manage to use our bowlers well. We are still a bowling side than batting as that is our strength, but dropping Nadeem was crap. Changing bowling combination which has been working isn't good. 

I am more pissed of at our bowling because we were known to have best bowling attack, and were more bowling aide than batting. We were gloating about how we have reserves like Rabada and hilfenhaus and Shami and spinners like Mishra and Nadeem, but we did not manage to use our bowlers well. We are still a bowling aide than batting as that is our strength, but dropping Nadeem was crap. Changing bowling combination which has been working isn't good. 

Matthews bowled very well right? :p:

Edited by laaloo

I am more pissed of at our bowling because we were known to have best bowling attack, and were more bowling aide than batting. We were gloating about how we have reserves like Rabada and hilfenhaus and Shami and spinners like Mishra and Nadeem, but we did not manage to use our bowlers well. We are still a bowling aide than batting as that is our strength, but dropping Nadeem was crap. Changing bowling combination which has been working isn't good. 

Change Captain first... maybe he can fake a niggle or something... that's the least sacrifice he can do for the team...