Wont allow Bahubali 2 release in Karnataka  even if army is brought in: Pro Kannada groups

BeautifulGame

19 hours ago, Pollack said:

Most south films are male chavunistic. The only acting required from actress is to look beautiful. Eve teasing is glorified. Fight sequences are hilariously depressing.The only positive I can say is at least each of them have some story to narrate.

why single out south indian movies? look at any famous bollywood movie and you see heroes harassing chaste ladies till they fall for them.heck Basanthi could have filed harassment case against Dheeru .

On 4/21/2017 at 5:25 PM, Pollack said:

Most south films are male chavunistic. The only acting required from actress is to look beautiful. Eve teasing is glorified. Fight sequences are hilariously depressing.The only positive I can say is at least each of them have some story to narrate.

you think north films make women look empowered, and have you see all south films including vijaya santhi masala movies and malayalam movies etc ? lol most south films apparently.

On 4/21/2017 at 5:40 PM, North Sea Tiger said:

The real protest must have been against the movie itself. Bahubali is so bad that its actually hard to believe that such dire crap passes for good movies these days. Most of the arrow firing scenes were directly lifted from Chinese movie Hero. 

Besides that, I really don't understand why people like Sathayaraj get involved in political movements -  this whole film fraternity standing up to social evils is a unique TN phenomenon. No where else have I seen actors and actresses protest about every single minute issue. They are all aiming for that CM seat. Shambolic state of affairs in TN as they keep voting nautanki after nautanki for CM.   

karnataka , andhra,punjab, even maharastra has seen this. its basically pretty Indian the fascination with film stars

2 hours ago, Vilander said:

you think north films make women look empowered, and have you see all south films including vijaya santhi masala movies and malayalam movies etc ? lol most south films apparently.

Yes Like I heaped a lot of praise on Bollywood. :phehe: Its all relative. No I haven't seen all movies and don't think its required.Everyone has better things in life than to watch all movies. You can guage the general pattern watching few.

On 22/04/2017 at 10:27 PM, cowboysfan said:

why single out south indian movies? look at any famous bollywood movie and you see heroes harassing chaste ladies till they fall for them.heck Basanthi could have filed harassment case against Dheeru .

Its all comparatively speaking that I am saying. Its not just about harrasment, the number of movies where actress has no role whatsoever other than look beautiful is significantly high.They have no script for actress unless it is a women centric movie.This is just my opinion.

3 hours ago, Pollack said:

Yes Like I heaped a lot of praise on Bollywood. :phehe: Its all relative. No I haven't seen all movies and don't think its required.Everyone has better things in life than to watch all movies. You can guage the general pattern watching few.

Its all comparatively speaking that I am saying. Its not just about harrasment, the number of movies where actress has no role whatsoever other than look beautiful is significantly high.They have no script for actress unless it is a women centric movie.This is just my opinion.

Mainstream movies are most probably like that and even within them, some tamil movies have strong women characters. There are lots of offbeat Tamil and Malayalam movies made every year as well which are probably not known to mainstream audiences outside which have good characters(including female), realistic storytelling and acting. (Many idiots think Rajnikanth type movies = South cinema) They typically get selected for international film fests and win a bunch of awards.

Most national awards are won by Tamil and Malayalam movies beside Hindi and Bengali.

Edited by kubrickian

7 hours ago, Pollack said:

What general pattern you can see just ranting. Don't single out south indian movies indian movies are equally crap.

On 4/21/2017 at 5:25 PM, Pollack said:

And this is relevant to the topic how?

or you just needed a random thread for a stereotype tirade lol 

4 hours ago, kubrickian said:

Mainstream movies are most probably like that and even within them, some tamil movies have strong women characters. There are lots of offbeat Tamil and Malayalam movies made every year as well which are probably not known to mainstream audiences outside which have good characters(including female), realistic storytelling and acting. (Many idiots think Rajnikanth type movies = South cinema) They typically get selected for international film fests and win a bunch of awards.

Most national awards are won by Tamil and Malayalam movies beside Hindi and Bengali.

Mainstream movies would obviously be used for judging.Those awesome other movies you are talking about are made in every regional cinema.Those are usually not crowd pullers neither are meant to be.

If Imran hashmi does a few devotional movie I won't say he has made career in devotional movies. The point is Mainstream popular movies would be used to judge.

1 minute ago, Pollack said:

Mainstream movies would obviously be used for judging.Those awesome other movies you are talking about are made in every regional cinema.Those are usually not crowd pullers neither are meant to be.

If Imran hashmi does a few devotional movie I won't say he has made career in devotional movies. The point is Mainstream popular movies would be used to judge.

So Bollywood movies are not about male chauvinism?

it is not a north south thing that's the way it works unfortunately not just in Indian cinema even in mainstream Hollywood

8 minutes ago, Vilander said:

What general pattern you can see just ranting. Don't single out south indian movies indian movies are equally crap.

7 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Oh hit a nerve did I ;) It's one of the shitty places were movie stars are worshiped so nothing special.

5 minutes ago, Vilander said:

No south India movie can ever compete with a bhojpuri movie in objectification of women and then there are some who claim south indian movie this that etc..Cut the crap boss.

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

And this is relevant to the topic how?

or you just needed a random thread for a stereotype tirade lol 

Lmao. It rather seems I hit some nerves. :cantstop:

Just now, maniac said:

So Bollywood movies are not about male chauvinism?

it is not a north south thing that's the way it works unfortunately not just in Indian cinema even in mainstream Hollywood

Assumptions galore. Who told you I think Bollywood movies aren't such. Its all comparatively speaking here. How many times I have to repeat that. :wall:

Just now, Pollack said:

Assumptions galore. Who told you I think Bollywood movies aren't such. Its all comparatively speaking here. How many times I have to repeat that. :wall:

You specifically brought a random stereotype of south movies when the topic at hand had nothing to do with it and you blame people of assuming your agenda :cantstop: