Michael Holding talking about cricket and T20

sandeep

One thing I have big grief with Holding is how he was lashing at  IPL as some Micky Mouse cricket and how it was disrupting world cricket but he did not have any problem in jumping to World series when he got better offer from there. World series totally disrupted the game and was started by a single person whose sole agenda was to win TV contract and as soon as he got it he shut that shop. 

Edited by putrevus
2 hours ago, putrevus said:

One thing I have big grief with Holding is how he was lashing at  IPL as some Micky Mouse cricket and how it was disrupting world cricket but he did not have any problem in jumping to World series when he got better offer from there. World series totally disrupted the game and was started by a single person whose sole agenda was to win TV contract and as soon as he got it he shut that shop. 

I don't think Mikey's problem with t20 is the commercialization of it, its the shortness of it.  He is entitled to his view that the longer format of cricket is the real 'test' of a cricketer's abilities.  He alludes to his reasoning quite clearly in that interview.  

And there's no denying the fact, that the shorter the duration of a cricket game, the higher the luck factor.   A bad team can beat a much superior team in a T20 if they have 5 good balls and a bit of luck.  Harder to do that in an ODI, and close to impossible in a test match.  

16 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I don't think Mikey's problem with t20 is the commercialization of it, its the shortness of it.  He is entitled to his view that the longer format of cricket is the real 'test' of a cricketer's abilities.  He alludes to his reasoning quite clearly in that interview.  

And there's no denying the fact, that the shorter the duration of a cricket game, the higher the luck factor.   A bad team can beat a much superior team in a T20 if they have 5 good balls and a bit of luck.  Harder to do that in an ODI, and close to impossible in a test match.  

His views were not about T20s cricket, his views were more about power BCCI enjoys and how he has problem with it. These guys never had problem with ECB or CA which were using WI popularity and exploiting them like anything in 70s and 80s. When WI lost their appeal these two boards don't even throw bones to them. I never heard Holding comment on those issues because he has job with Sky sports?

Love his bowling(from grainy YouTube videos) don't like his attitude towards Indians and India...as I said the wi of the 70s and early 80s bar Viv who was a cool guy and the Indian ethnic wi the rest where pretty racist from what I hear even worse than Aussies and English.

Go back in history and check the Wi were not always the fun loving types they are now.

Love this legend. Bowled like one and now speaks like one. His tips for creating better fast bowlers is awesome! Should make us all think why we're even playing Umesh, Shami, or Aaron in the IPL. We could compensate them and encourage to remain fitter and get faster..