Narine best pinch hitter world has seen

King Tendulkar

This is like going back 20 years . Now totally out of fashion . But back in day some randomn bower would always be promoted to have a go and a swing .

narine brought it back in vogue . May suddenly see more of this tactic come back . Worth a gamble , if bowler gets out who cares but if comes off ...

1 minute ago, King Tendulkar said:

This is like going back 20 years . Now totally out of fashion . But back in day some randomn bower would always be promoted to have a go and a swing .

narine brought it back in vogue . May suddenly see more of this tactic come back . Worth a gamble , if bowler gets out who cares but if comes off ...

Narine is playing good shots though

You are talking about Srinath and all,who missed more than he hit lol

Narine is playing good shots though

You are talking about Srinath and all,who missed more than he hit lol

I remember against Windies at home ,Ganguly sent Sir Aggy at 3 .It worked next game sent both Aggy and Bhajji up the order and failed spectacularly .

Maybe we should bat bottom up in T20s.I bet Bhuvi and Shami will score more than Rohit anyway :giggle:

Glad someone opened a thread for this because Narine's success deserves a thread of its own. The other day I was watching highlights and saw Narine smashing the ball left and right. At first I thought it was some other Narine because he looked quite convincing pulling off shots nonchalantly like a regular batsman. I then went to cricinfo to check the score card and was very surprised to learn it was Sunil Narine himself. Jaddu should do this for India and do that sword celebration after boundaries to piss off bowlers even more :wp1:

Edited by nevada

In theory, if your batting order is in descending order of strike rate, you should be getting your highest totals, especially when you're batting first (Obv. they need to be able to score well in the powerplay). So opening with someone like Narine or Southee (avg of 10, SR: 150) might be a good idea in general.

2 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

sachin is still a fan of sending pinch hitters :giggle:

28 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

No cos Pant proper bat.  If gets out we all gutted.  Point of pinch hitter is its basically a bowler and if he gets out no one cares

Mishra is the man for this ! lol

No matter who opens an early wkt does have an impact, no matter the batsman. I would go with someone who has a much better chance to succeed, especially at intl level where quality of bowlers would be better than what we see in IPL.