Rahane is at his worst ever form. SOoooo baaaad in all formats of the game.

WC2011INDIA

4 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Rahane can do whatever he likes in IPL but hee should only play Tests for Team India just like Pujara and Murali Vijay.

He has hardly done anything in this IPL. The last few IPLs atleast he was consistently scoring runs. This year he is god awful. Last one year he has regressed a lot in tests, odi and t20. ALready was mediocre in the latter two but now he is just vomit inducing. In Tests he has become mediocre. Needs to go back to domestics for a year or two.

6 minutes ago, WC2011INDIA said:

He has hardly done anything in this IPL. The last few IPLs atleast he was consistently scoring runs. This year he is god awful. Last one year he has regressed a lot in tests, odi and t20. ALready was mediocre in the latter two but now he is just vomit inducing. In Tests he has become mediocre. Needs to go back to domestics for a year or two.

In Tests he's still decent, especially away from home. He shouldn't be picked for shorter formats and I don't really care about IPL so he could stink up the joint as far as I am concerned.

1 hour ago, WC2011INDIA said:

bump.

His days as a cricketer are numbered. 

In shorter format yes. Rahane plods around in shorter formats no matter how flat the pitch. He should be considered for Tests only. Today's innings was eerily similar to the one he played in WT20 semis which cost us the match and probably the trophy :mad: 

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

46(41) on a very good batting surface. :facepalm:

He should stay away from t20s. He should only be a backup opener for ODIs.

No he shouldn't. There are much better options for backup openers. We already have Rohit, Rahul and Dhawan who are better opening options with Pant as added option. Rahane and his manhoosiyat should stay away from shorter formats :pray: 

^ Team management don't want Pant to be opener from whatever is discernible for now. Rahul will play in the team even if he isn't opening. I can bet on that. So besides Rohit and Dhawan we need one more opener as a backup in case of injuries. Its improper to disturb batting order in middle of a series and ask Rahul to open.The options may be Rahane or Parthiv. I will choose Rahane for time being unless we have some other option.

4 minutes ago, Pollack said:

^ Team management don't want Pant to be opener from whatever is discernible for now. Rahul will play in the team even if he isn't opening. I can bet on that. So besides Rohit and Dhawan we need one more opener as a backup in case of injuries. Its improper to disturb batting order in middle of a series and ask Rahul to open.The options may be Rahane or Parthiv. I will choose Rahane for time being unless we have some other option.

Then find another option. Rahane has been around for so long and he has shown he can't cut it in shorter formats so better try out somebody else :dontknow: With Rahane it would be more of 26 (48) in odis and 34 (32) in T20s. It's better to play an extra bowler or an all-rounder.

I say try Manoj Tiwary as a backup opener coz he has shown an improvement and willingness to work on his game. Rahane hasn't done zilch in shorter formats.

Edited by Ultimate_Game

5 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Then find another option. Rahane has been around for so long and he has shown he can't cut it in shorter formats so better try out somebody else :dontknow: With Rahane it would be more of 26 (48) in odis and 34 (32) in T20s. It's better to play an extra bowler or an all-rounder.

I say try Manoj Tiwary as a backup opener coz he has shown an improvement and willingness to work on his game. Rahane hasn't done zilch in shorter formats.

Maybe.But not Tiwari. 

T20s are out of question because Rahane shouldn't be even as a backup or even backup's backup.Period.