Zaheer Khan engaged!

Texy

Will she convert? If Zak makes her convert, I will lose all respect for him. How is it that in India Muslim men marrying Hindu women is much more common than reverse.?

Edited by Gollum

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Will she convert? If Zak makes her convert, I will lose all respect for him. How is it that in India Muslim men marrying Hindu women is much more common than reverse.?

Its a free country, why do you care who Indian muslim men marry or they convert or not.  FYI, Ajit Agarkar's wife is/was muslim.  Does that make you feel better?   Banjo, people's private lives are not some religious scoreboard for you to feel good or bad about.

5 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Its a free country, why do you care who Indian muslim men marry or they convert or not.  FYI, Ajit Agarkar's wife is/was muslim.  Does that make you feel better?   Banjo, people's private lives are not some religious scoreboard for you to feel good or bad about.

Hindus hardly ever convert their spouses, it is always the other way round. I don't mind interfaith marriages but people shouldn't convert after/for marriage. I respect SRK because he allowed Gauri to practise Hinduism, that shows he is a tolerant man who respects other people's faith from the bottom of his heart. But there are 1000 other instances of Christian/Muslim people converting their Hindu spouses. 

You shouldn't tell me what I should feel good or bad about. I have my own views about this subject, I would never convert a Christian/Sikh girl if I marry her. If Zak allows her to remain Hindu I will salute him, if not I will dislike him for the rest of my life. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Hindus hardly ever convert their spouses, it is always the other way round. I don't mind interfaith marriages but people shouldn't convert after/for marriage. I respect SRK because he allowed Gauri to practise Hinduism, that shows he is a tolerant man who respects other people's faith from the bottom of his heart. But there are 1000 other instances of Christian/Muslim people converting their Hindu spouses. 

You shouldn't tell me what I should feel good or bad about. I have my own views about this subject, I would never convert a Christian/Sikh girl if I marry her. If Zak allows her to remain Hindu I will salute him, if not I will dislike him for the rest of my life. 

That's perfectly fine - you are 100% entitled to have your likes and dislikes and I understand your logic there - I just had a problem with your blanket statement about muslim men.  The implication in that is that Hindu women are some kind of livestock that the muslim men are trying to acquire.  Each inter-faith marriage involves 2 adults who are free to choose their spouse, and their faith(s).   Let's not get all RSS-ey about inter-faith marriages that's all.  

1 hour ago, rageaddict said:

Her social media feed suggests she is a very devout Hindu. Will be very surprising if she does convert to Islam. Inter faith marriage is perfectly fine as long as both partners celebrate both their religions in equal measure like SRK-Gauri are doing. Hope Zak follows the SRK path and not the Pataudi path.

Edited by beetle