BCCI loses ICC vote 2-8 .ICC resolution passed and Big three model struck down

7 minutes ago, veer said:

Lol.. not that easy..

IPL is big money earners for us.. ICC can trigger shutting down IPL in 2-3 years.

Just get the stars from other countries. Have a bigger IPL and have more games during the weekends and not 8-10 matches a week. IPL's revenue will rise even more in the future with a rising consumer population. Over time, more countries will back BCCI than CA and ECB because they stand to lose more by backing them. Let CA and ECB end up only playing Ashes because that's the only thing they care about anyway.

Just now, NareshK said:

Just get the stars from other countries. Have a bigger IPL and have more games during the weekends and not 8-10 matches a week. IPL's revenue will rise even more in the future with a rising consumer population. Over time, more countries will back BCCI than CA and ECB because they stand to lose more by backing them. Let CA and ECB end up only playing Ashes because that's the only thing they care about anyway.

IPL doesnt even need many overseas players.

51 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Literally cannot stop laughing how ECB and CA have come out winners in BOTH the so-called big 3 changes and it's subsequent dismantling. In fact, now they have come out smelling like roses, having successfully painted BCCI as the villain.

True Machiavellians.

:rofl: We can't even ask our own money now. The BCCI babus don't know what hit them.

On one side i believe the revenues should be distributed in relation of who generates them the most and I have always maintained the BCCI has become this rich and powerful ONLY because of certain reasons.

1. Cricket is the only sport in India which is watched and followed by everyone and other sports are pathetically funded. Compared to UK, Aus; apart from cricket they have other sports which they excel in, football, Aussie rules, rugby.

2. Only when India became a good team INTERNATIONALLY after playing One day cups and LOI cricket with other nations the viewership and money increased.

3. The IPL only survives as Team india players who are superstars BECAUSE of playing international cricket with other teams play in the league with other international players.

I do agree the BCCI does and should get respect but I think pulling out of ICC and forming an own league is shooting themselves in the foot. Even if cricket fails in 'western countries', they have other sports their population can rely on to follow and participate. We on the other hand, if cricket faces the same problems and viewership as we did in 60s and 70s when we were diabolical, then im afraid we have nothing to look forward to as a nation in terms of sport and we will remain a country of a billion people who cannot compete to a decent level at the Olympics and as well as the cricket heritage being ruined.  So BCCI needs to think very carefully about their next move.

BCCI should pull out of CT now, also force sponsors and broadcasters to toe the line. Eff the ungrateful boards that stabbed us in the back. Shashank Manohar is a modern day Jaichand, first the Nagpur 2004 greentop and now this. SC and CoA, doob maro gaddaron :wall:

Edited by Gollum

The Indian board was the only member to object against a new financial model and was one of the only two countries to vote against the new governance changes. The finance model received a 9-1 vote in favour, while the governance structure was passed by an 8-2 margin.

1340.jpg

Edited by Asim

This is the beginning of the end of world cricket. No way CoA can hold off the seething anger in the state bodies that would be losing out on monies due to this. And the next set of BCCI leadership is going to strike back with vengeance. Its amazing that America's poodle nations that hold no sway anywhere else can control proceedings in a sport they couldn't care less about. What an indictment on Indians... What a pathetic race of people...

Edited by surajmal
43 minutes ago, HippoSucks said:

India should skip ICC tournaments and just play bilaterals.

I think India should decrease the number of bilaterals and work to make IPL bigger  along with making IPL type First class and List A competitions. I would rather watch the 2 worst IPL team play a test match against each other than watch india play a test match against Bangladesh or west indies (ridiculous waste of time) Their is a lot of revenue potential for BCCI to make in domestic tournaments without even having to deal with icc and these pathetic boards that can only survive through big 3 handouts. 

29 minutes ago, Asim said:

The Indian board was the only member to object against a new financial model and was one of the only two countries to vote against the new governance changes. The finance model received a 9-1 vote in favour, while the governance structure was passed by an 8-2 margin.

1340.jpg

Asim bhai your players can quit cricket for good and give full time to their puncture ki dukaan now. 

No international cricket. 

No entry in Indian tournaments. :biggrin:

31 minutes ago, Asim said:

1340.jpg

I dont know what you are so happy about... if India pull out of ICC and all tournaments PCB wont even have money to feed their own players biriyani :finger:

12 minutes ago, Silva said:

I think India should decrease the number of bilaterals and work to make IPL bigger  along with making IPL type First class and List A competitions. I would rather watch the 2 worst IPL team play a test match against each other than watch india play a test match against Bangladesh or west indies (ridiculous waste of time) Their is a lot of revenue potential for BCCI to make in domestic tournaments without even having to deal with icc and these pathetic boards that can only survive through big 3 handouts. 

10 minutes ago, surajmal said:

6 month IPL. Double the number of teams, remove the domestic players quota. 

The IPL is fun for a while but gets boring very quickly. You can't skip international matches for the IPL.

Personally, I would much prefer a test against WI than RPS vs DD.

1 minute ago, HippoSucks said:

The IPL is fun for a while but gets boring very quickly. You can't skip international matches for the IPL.

Personally, I would much prefer a test against WI than RPS vs DD.

Test match viewership is a tiny minority. Most don't give a crap. Test matches belong in history books written by self important gasbags like gideon haigh.