All news about IPL

SachDan

Mumbai - Mukesh Ambani paid 480 crores Calcutta - Shahrikh Khan - Paid 302 Crores Mohali - Preity Zinta - 310 Crore Delhi - GMR - 340 Crores Banglore - 470 Crore - Vijay Mallaya Hyderabad - Deccan Chronicle - 470 crores Chennai - Indian Cements - 360 crores Jaipur - Emerging Media- 270 crores
:omg:

Guest HariSampath

It looks like the BCCI babus are basically owing franchises through their own business fronts: For ex. India Cements ( N Srinivasan BCCI treasurer's company) has got hold of Chennai

Guest HariSampath

and those amounts are not real amounts. They are just "commitments" based on projections , and cash really wont be paid out ; these BCCI babus are not stupid and know that 2 big uncertainties are there with IPL. Players cannot play till 2 years after retirement; and fate of how these professional leagues will turnout is uncertain , over 10 years. So contracts are always made with lots of "conditional money" , with a 100 clauses inbuilt as exit routes for all concerned. All this is "notonal money"

Guest HariSampath

IC is of course a listed Co...and NS may have controlling interests on paper, but in reality he controls more % thru his benamis...btw, I guess you know whose benami NS himself is ? ;-) big political family ;-)

Gilly to Join IPL Gilchrist set for IPL riches Cricinfo staff January 28, 2008 Not gone yet: Adam Gilchrist will still be thrashing the ball in April during the IPL © Getty Images Adam Gilchrist's retirement from international cricket will be short-lived after he confirmed he would appear in the Indian Premier League in India during April. Gilchrist will step down from Australian duties in March, but will be back in action for the lucrative Twenty20 series. "I'm signed up like most of our players have," he said. "I see that as an amazing entertainment package." Eleven players contracted to Cricket Australia have IPL deals, but the Test team is due to be in Pakistan when the tournament begins. The crowded schedule no longer bothers Gilchrist and he will be free to take part alongside Shane Warne and Glenn McGrath, his fellow retirees. The new format has grown on Gilchrist, who was a reluctant Twenty20 participant when it was first played internationally four years ago. "I was a bit of a traditionalist," he said, "and wasn't so sure about this short version of the game. "But over time, and having played more of it and seen the way it works, I've realised it's an important part of the cricket structure now. It is entertainment and I feel like I've tried to be entertaining all through my career, but I've done the real serious hard yards and enjoyed that and loved all the sweat and the tears and the laughter." While the huge sums of money being reported will add to Gilchrist's retirement package, he is also excited to be involved in the innovative concept. "I hear guys talk about World Series Cricket and how exciting it was to be a part of that," he said. "I see this IPL situation being very similar to that. Who knows where it could grow to? To be part of that founding group would be a huge thrill." © Cricinfo :two_thumbs_up::yay::yay:

Ahh so know we see the haste in retiring. Not as some said about aussies knowing when to bow out unlike indians carrying on for money. So saint gilly retired for £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

I thought that the BCCI had announced recently that retiring cricketers would have to wait atleast 2 years before they can play in the IPL?? All that talk has gone done the drain it seems... I don't mind Gilly playing in the IPL, i'm actually looing forward to it. But the BCCI needs to stop bullsh*tting...