10 years of IPL. Who has been the best IPL captain till date acc to your????

Ankit_sharma03

Best IPL Captain till Date  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who has been the Best IPL Captain till date Acc to you????

• Dhoni
    • Gambhir
    • Rohit
    • Kohli
    • Warne
    • Warner
    • Gilchrist
    • Kumble
    • Zaheer
    • Dravid
    • Sachin

3 hours ago, Pollack said:

My pick:

1) Shane Warne          10/10

2) Gautam Gambhir    9.9/10

3) David Warner           4/10

4) M S Dhoni                3.9/10

5)George Bailey.           2/10

Rest don't care.

Note: Captaincy should not be rated based on number of trophies. MS Dhoni got to captain strongest (established International overseas as well as Indian players) team of IPL every season.

The reason I voted Gambhir over Warne though in the polls is his longevity as a captain and still not losing quality.

nah ..  covering your base kya :phehe:

now you relaized that you cant change the vote 

2 minutes ago, velu said:

nah ..  covering your base kya :phehe:

now you relaized that you cant change the vote 

Not really. Like I said I really rate Warne's captaincy but gambhir is very very close and to add to that he has longevity. The rating out of 10 did not include longevity and some other parameters. Inclusive of those makes Gambhir clear winner but that doesn't mean Warne would not have been captain for long if he was a bit younger like Gambhir.

3 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Not really. Like I said I really rate Warne's captaincy but gambhir is very very close and to add to that he has longevity. The rating out of 10 did not include longevity and some other parameters. Inclusive of those makes Gambhir clear winner but that doesn't mean Warne would not have been captain for long if he was a bit younger like Gambhir.

but 3.9/10 is makes me think that you are trying to troll the untrollable guys :hehe:

6 hours ago, beetle said:

I don't like Gambhir but I vote for him because of his longetivity as a captain without getting burnt out.

MI and CSK both have good records but they both seem to have unexplained advantages at times owing to money and power which Kkr has not had.

Warner is a good captain too.

Warne's success was beginers luck.

Wondér if he would have been that sucessful had he stayed longer.

+1

Warne is a bit overrated - deserves credit but not as much as he gets.   

I picked Gambhir but could have picked Dhoni also. Not much difference. Dhoni too played huge role in bringing the best out of unknown players and the then youngsters like Raina, Ashwin, Jadeja etc who went on to become regular fixture in IPl and Indian cricket.

Shane Warne was brilliant also for his time he spent as captain in IPL.

Rohit Sharma too deserves special mention for being a top batsman as captain and leading from the front few years back as he was scoring and taking Mumbai to victories by batting extremely well for his side. Not sure his captaincy was tested a lot though with the squad and management they had, but he as an IPl player was brilliant in those middle years.

2 hours ago, asterix said:

It has to be Rohit Sharma... won IPL & CL... been there & done that... also his team has never been banned, disgraced & dismantled under his able leadership...

So it's Rohit the clear winner... :dontknow:

Rohit sharma never won CL......it was under bhajji MI won CL

Gambhir wins it IMO. Warne and MSD are close seconds. Now, I don't really like GG, but his tactical precision and field placements have been simply outstanding. His bowling choices are accurate most of the time (such as continuing with pace for all 10 overs against RCB this season) and doesn't make useless part-time bowlers bowl the last over (like Rohit Sharma often does with Pollard).  Warne was brilliant as RR captain taking a very mediocre team all the way and MSD (as much as I hate him) has been a pretty good and successful captain (even though he had a great team).

13 hours ago, Unstable Joe said:

Gambhir wins it IMO. Warne and MSD are close seconds. Now, I don't really like GG, but his tactical precision and field placements have been simply outstanding. His bowling choices are accurate most of the time (such as continuing with pace for all 10 overs against RCB this season) and doesn't make useless part-time bowlers bowl the last over (like Rohit Sharma often does with Pollard).  Warne was brilliant as RR captain taking a very mediocre team all the way and MSD (as much as I hate him) has been a pretty good and successful captain (even though he had a great team).

Agree on every word with u 

30 minutes ago, kira said:

If we had gambhir as captain instead of dhoni then we would've had at least 2 more t20 wc in our bag, if not more

May be or may be not

Ultimately a captain is as good as his team. Last 2 wcs were pretty much one man show. 

Gambhir has always been a yuvi fan so dnt expect he wud have not had yuvi in 2014 wc

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

May be or may be not

Ultimately a captain is as good as his team. Last 2 wcs were pretty much one man show. 

Gambhir has always been a yuvi fan so dnt expect he wud have not had yuvi in 2014 wc

It is hilarious and pathetic that people Sh!t on yuvi for that one innings, Yuvi single handedly won a t20 wc for us in 2007,  and still people talk crap about yuvi for that 1 innings he played after returning from cancer yet  the same fans lick dhoni's boots, the same dhoni who has been downright pathetic in t20 internationals as a player, I am not even talking about captaincy, he doesn't deserve a place in the t20 international team as a player, I can accept people criticizing yuvi but if a person Sh!ts on yuvi but is a dhoni fan at the same time then he has no freaking respect in my eyes